Page 164 of 274 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple - Mudhal mariyadhai had Nadigar Thilagam... Devar Magan had both Kamal and NT... Initial reach itself, DM was better than MM... DM ran in more theaters and more days than MM.. idha patthi discuss pandradhukku padhilaa Devar magan sonna maadhiri pOyi Pulla kuttigala Padikka vaikkalaam ...
    Last edited by Cinemarasigan; 13th October 2015 at 12:19 PM.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    அவர் மேல உள்ள கடுப்புல எங்க மேல ஏன் பாயுறீங்க ? If he provokes you , better don't fall into the trap.
    +++++
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Baasha' was/is an evergreen classic that will forever be etched in tamil/Indian/world cinema on par with Citizen Kane, Bicycle Thief, Jurassic Park et al - particularly for its mesmerizing punch lines etc etc.. Academy Awards committee wanted to give Awards for Best Film, Best Direction, Best Actor, the Best Music(al score) for 'Baasha' - but the Baasha team graciously/magnanimously refused and instead recommended to give them away to the 'Forrest Gump' team of Tom Hanks, Zemeckis and the Lion King score by Hans Zimmer..

'Devar Magan' is a dubakoor film that ppl hardly remember..

And 'Indian'? common dont joke, even in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata, the film was forcibly run for weeks in empty halls..

There was a mafia/don film 'Nayagan' - if you all recall, most of you might have forgotten - the film that ran for exactly a week in every center and barely passed muster - andha padamellaam 'baasha'ngra oru leviathan monster munnadhi, pisaathu padamungo..

Matter/case closed - lets move on..

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attempt to ignite flame war between Kamal/Rajini and Kamal/NT fans. Known Rajini/NT fans are generally not involved. Please ignore ..

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Baasha records were broken, sorry, smashed by Indian movie, next year itself
    I dont know about that but that is not the point. I think you are arguing biggest hit = ever green. Well that is not what I am saying. Like Nayagan may not be the best movie in tamil, it is widely regarded as the best movie by general public. But you and I know it is not the best movie. Likewise, baasha is not even the best movie of rajini in 90s but it has a following that is bigger than any movie released in 90s. Likewise muthal mariyathai is held in higher pedestal by general public than devar magan. Maybe Because it is a great movie and Sivaji is the main character in it.

Btw, I don't know why you need to bring basha here. The discussion was about DM and MM

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Known Rajini fan are generally not involved. Please ignore ..
    hehehe.. u r innocent

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    'Baasha' was/is an evergreen classic that will forever be etched in tamil/Indian/world cinema on par with Citizen Kane, Bicycle Thief, Jurassic Park et al - particularly for its mesmerizing punch lines etc etc.. Academy Awards committee wanted to give Awards for Best Film, Best Direction, Best Actor, the Best Music(al score) for 'Baasha' - but the Baasha team graciously/magnanimously refused and instead recommended to give them away to the 'Forrest Gump' team of Tom Hanks, Zemeckis and the Lion King score by Hans Zimmer..

'Devar Magan' is a dubakoor film that ppl hardly remember..

And 'Indian'? common dont joke, even in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Kolkata, the film was forcibly run for weeks in empty halls..

There was a mafia/don film 'Nayagan' - if you all recall, most of you might have forgotten - the film that ran for exactly a week in every center and barely passed muster - andha padamellaam 'baasha'ngra oru leviathan monster munnadhi, pisaathu padamungo..

Matter/case closed - lets move on..
    உண்மை உண்மை, ஐயா!

"நீங்க ஒருதர சொன்னால் நூறுதர சொன்ன மாதிரி" ஐயா!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Simple - Mudhal mariyadhai had Nadigar Thilagam... Devar Magan had both Kamal and NT... Initial reach itself, DM was better than MM... DM ran in more theaters and more days than MM.. idha patthi discuss pandradhukku padhilaa Devar magan sonna maadhiri pOyi Pulla kuttigala Padikka vaikkalaam ...
    You are one of my favourite poster but I am dissapointed that you do not see bigger hit /= evergreen

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    hehehe.. u r innocent
    ha ha .. that depends on whom you consider 'known'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Attempt to ignite flame war between Kamal/Rajini and Kamal/NT fans. Known Rajini/NT fans are generally not involved. Please ignore ..
    You are also one of my favourite poster but there is no need to get defensive about DM. It is a classic so is MM but MM is more adored by general public. That is the point I am trying to make. No one is saying DM is crap or Sivaji was terrible in it or anything like that. Even if you think DM is more ever green for public, that is fine but remember where the discussion started from. Someone was downplaying MM which was not right.