Page 133 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    சும்மா நிப்பேனாடி is not duet?

no - not by Kamal standards - it was more of a fun song - following the success of the terrible (both by Kamal and IR standards) 'katta vandi' from Sagalakalavallavan, AVM and SP Mutharaman must have decided on just a couple of fun songs for TTT - 'maama nee namma kitta' and 'summaa' were atrocious - when I meant a duet, something matching the class/standard of 'perai sollava' or 'ninaivo oru paravai' or 'vizhiyil un vizhiyil' or 'indha minminikku'..

and despite not having a Kamal-IR standard duet song, the film was a massive hit! primarily for the novel pattaiya kilappum bench fight/stunt by Kamal - never before in Indian cinema - Kamal's dance in 'varudhu varudhu' and 'vaanam keezhey' and the amma sentiment!

AVM productions hit a nadir in terms of creative contribution in the 80s - it became (just like Sathya Movies and Balajee productions) just a business house - no wonder Kamal had issues with all of them...he would have never gotten the nod from any of them for a film like 'nayagan' or 'pushpak' - those production houses were mired deep in cash punditry with not much interest in creative cinema - probably the late AV Meiyappa Chettiyar knew how to smartly invest in creativity to get the returns on the investment as well..

Even 'Yejaman' was done banking on the 'murattu kaalai' image of Rajini and IR's success with RV Udayakumar...
    Last edited by irir123; 11th August 2015 at 11:25 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindu

// I feel Kamal can perform the roles Lal has essayed with equal ease but the opposite is not true//

http://www.thehindu.com/features/fri...cle7403475.ece

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 56th Year of Kamalism (12/08/2015)

An artist whom I admire. A person whom I respect. An heart so kind to give out, and a mind so clear to take in, Kamal has always fasinated me with his films.

Looking back, several years of my memories blocks are spread inside his films. The FDFS, the quarrels with my friends and the support for his new ventures make me feel that this 56th year is just ticking into an hour (4 minutes left for that too) and there is a lot to come, as in many more years - to see, to experience & to enjoy pure Kamal Entertainment.

One has to be headed & grounded - a difficult & strange mix - to be this long in a field which is cruel in any which way possible, be it back-stabbing or leaving anyone bleeding. Kamal not only is a walking exemple of stubbornness but also an idol who saw to that everyone shines around him. His aids are numerous, and the laurels & accolades are not less than the 'A to Z' encyclopedia collections. And I always paid great attention to the literature works that he reads, writes and shares. Kamal is such an interesting library.

Amoung several of his film works (anything that comes to my mind), the one remarked work that totally took myself in is Satya. The young, composed & angry man is irreplaceable. I have a peculiar likeness towards his potrayal of humour. About his performance, I am not qualified much to talk about it, but there were moments when my lids failed to close. And one of my best experience is Aalavandhan, my perfect genre. Vikram is my favourite movie apart from every other single Kamal starrer. One of the films I worked hard with is Hey Ram. The visuals were extrodinary and even without any music it projected narrative richness (ofcoarse IR polished it to give the shine). Other movies include the ones during my school days, notably Kakki Sattai - the motta madi exercise is still a WoW. To cut things short (I include Guru here) as I cannot list all the huge likeness I have for Kamal - Today I am looking forward for more of his creations, a creator's work that I spontaneously welcome and adore without any reservations.

Long live Kamal and his campaign for arts & literature.

All my 'fanboy' wishes to the Legend for acheiving yet another unachievable - The 56th Year of Kamalism

Kamal Hassan - Hard Boiled
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, good one sir.. thanks
    #UttamaVillain#

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The talk of 80s reminds me how I become Kamal fan. During the time, we (the school kids from a village in old Coimbatore district) never bothered about the story and songs. We cared for the movie with number of fights and more bomb explosions and car chases. We used to check with others how many fights the movie had and that's the sole criteria to go for the movie.

Because of this criteria, Kamal's non-masala movies had no chance of attracting us and we give it a miss. Only, the TTT became famous because of the bench fight. It became talk of the class and school, lot of seniors were raving about this. I went for this movie only for that and liked the fights very much. Normally, Rajini movies used to satisfy the criteria very well. I have seen almost all the Rajini movies. After TTT, there was no Kamal movies, almost we forgot him.

Then came, 'Enakul Oruvan' for one Diwali. My family went for it as Diwali movie to the nearby town. I was simply mesmerized by the Nepali Kamal. In those days, We have heard a actor called 'Bruce Lee' and never seen any of his movies and no possibility to see the movies also. We have seen only the photos. We heard that he can break stones and even the mountains with bare hand and the technic called 'Karate' and have no idea about this. One senior informed us that he has seen the Bruce Lee movies and he can teach us the Karate. So, we formed a gang about 10 boys under him and were doing some exercises. No idea what are all those and no way of knowing that. Occasionally, this senior will be challenged by some other bystander who is new to the village or from some towns. He would say that what we are doing is not Karate at all and he knew very well about Karate and quote some more movies. Then, promptly, a dual will be arranged between our current master and the challenger to see who knows better. Normally, this will be arranged in our village river bank. Because, we cannot fight inside the village and river bank had sand that's good for falling and will reduce the body damages and we can remove the shirts also. (You cannot simply go home with wounds and your shirt torn, in such a case, you have to face a special dual with your father that would be nasty) The winner of the fight would be our new master

In this back drop, the Nepali Kamal impressed me to the core and we found a Karate Master. My father hated the movie and saying why is he doing this monkey business. He was never able to see what I saw in the same place and never appreciated what I liked in movies. This is the first time I was very much impressed with Kamal.

In that year Pongal, 'Oru Kaithiyin Diary' got released. I was dragged into the movie by a relative who is 4 years elder than me and who watches movies based on the directors like Bharathi Raja, Sundarajan and Manivannan. He always used to ridicule my taste and tried to educate about the art side of the movies which I never cared and cannot argue with him as well. Those days, I was dragged into lot of movies by my parents and relatives which I never liked to go. Because, they don't want to leave me home alone to my own devices of fun in the home. So, I went to Kaithiyin diary reluctantly. But, I liked the movie very much because of the revenge plot and decided to try Kamal movies in the future. Until then, I was not Kamal fan just an admirer.

Then, came mighty 'Kakki Satai' that sealed our fate and became fans.

What followed was horrible (movies).

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without him, no tamil cinema. Or tamil cinema it is now. It would have been like telugu cinema

56 years of stardom

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday the Twitter hashtag #56yearsofKamalism trended in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore and also nationwide. Fans came up with different poster designs to celebrate his 56th year
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=881609575267175

#KamalHaasan sir talk about #Marudhanayagam with some glimpses from the film and its launch event.
    #UttamaVillain#

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    premise looks good, aging don, drunk addict daughter.. exciting times for fans and tough times on anti gang who solely badmouth SS that he only associates with big timers all the times.. can't wait to see this become BB..
    kamal fans will say that as a counter to those who talk rubbish about thalaiver's BO. Otherwise, Thalaiver's Impact is not dependent on rajini's failiures or his monotonous acts. Thalaiver stands tall and unbeateable just on his own talent! Best wishes for this rajni film. Sounds really interesting! tubechop.com/watch/6603924
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv