Page 112 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radiochandra1977 View Post
    Page number 111 . Oh ! How symbolic !!!
    ha ha..mahanadhi dialogue "unakku nammam thaan"..
    But i guess amar hain(Thalaivan irukindraan) will be his next for sure but cast,crew and director were rumours..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    KH should keep quiet for sometime and not mention things to media that are not fully finalized. Regarding TV also, no need to constantly release any news, especially since it is targeted to be completed over the next 3-4 months. They should open up once the movie is in final stages. Last 1 or 2 months, go big on publicity. Announce a release date at that time which does not change. All else will fall into place nicely.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Baahubali materializes in such a grand manner, why not Maruthanayakam?

Anyway... as I mentioned here before , Maruthanayakam is a movie Kamal planning to direct and act closer to 20 years back and the current Kamal won't fit for the leading role as I feel the time is already over. Either he needs to alter the script according to his current screen age or direct the movie by employing some one else to take the lead role. Best option, let Kamal's Maruthanayakam stay forever the dream project, plot so that at least fans like us will enjoy talking it forever.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

Anyway... as I mentioned here before , Maruthanayakam is a movie Kamal planning to direct and act closer to 20 years back and the current Kamal won't fit for the leading role as I feel the time is already over. Either he needs to alter the script according to his current screen age or direct the movie by employing some one else to take the lead role. Best option, let Kamal's Maruthanayakam stay forever the dream project, plot so that at least fans like us will enjoy talking it forever.
    He said that the younger role portions all were shot; so growing old will not be a problem !
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    அவர் வயசு பத்தி கவலை இல்ல - எங்களுக்கும் வயசாகுது இல்லையா? அந்த வயச சொல்றாருன்னு நினைக்கறேன்

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    May be maruthanayakam will become a real period film...... younger portions are shot when he was young and the old age portions will be shot when he reaches that age ......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

Reasons are simple:
    1. commercial viability for large budget project is a must. Kamal's recent record has not been that great. It is very risky to go for very high budget
    2. At release time, Kamal's films face huge issues. Vishwaroopam, Manmadhan Ambu, UV all had issues (major and minor, some of them self-inflicted). Problem faced by UV specifically was more financial related and it continues still. I think they are finding it difficult to release Papanasam for similar reasons.

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    Reasons are simple:
    1. commercial viability for large budget project is a must. Kamal's recent record has not been that great. It is very risky to go for very high budget
    2. At release time, Kamal's films face huge issues. Vishwaroopam, Manmadhan Ambu, UV all had issues (major and minor, some of them self-inflicted). Problem faced by UV specifically was more financial related and it continues still. I think they are finding it difficult to release Papanasam for similar reasons.
    you mean distributors are not buying it for the price asked for?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    Reasons are simple:
    Kamal has the best track record in recent times for big budget movies - Viswa and Dasa both blockbusters. His overall recent track record itself is good..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasc View Post
    you mean distributors are not buying it for the price asked for?
    No, not like that. But, issues faced during VR release is not fully sorted out yet. It came up during UV release also. UV release had other financial issues, mainly relating to Lingu.

But consider Papanasam. It is one of the smallest/quickest movie that Kamal has done in the last several years. Even faster than UPO. There were some minor delays when he fell sick etc. But movie was completed in record time.All work completed long time back. Yet, it looks like it is a struggle to release it due to the many past financial issues. Now UV's BO result may be adding to this, who knows. In effect, when something that needs to be completed and released in 4-5 months ends up taking 10 or 12 months, you can imagine what it does to the financial investors. Time is money.

The solution to all this is to make at least 2 movies per year. When one of them becomes a box office hit followed by another, it will resolve all issues. That is precisely what he is trying to do.