Page 211 of 274 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நாயகன் படத்திலிருந்து தொடங்கினால் கூட புஷ்பக், அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், மகாநதி, இந்தியன், ஹேராம், தெனாலி, அன்பே சிவம், விருமாண்டி, வேட்டையாடு விளையாடு, உத்தமவில்லன்.. நேற்று வந்த தூங்காவனம் வரை இப்படி ஒன்றல்ல, இரண்டல்ல. பல திரைப்படங்களில் கமலின் பாத்திரப் படைப்புகள் சராசரி லௌகீக வாழ்க்கையிலிருந்து வேறுபட்டிருக்கும். தாத்தா, பாட்டி, அம்மா, அப்பா, குழந்தை, அண்ணன், அக்கா, தம்பி, தங்கச்சிகள், மாமனார், மாமியார் என அமைப்பான குடும்ப உறவுகள் என்றில்லாமல் எதோ ஒருவகையில் நேசித்த/அன்பு செலுத்திய உறவுகளை இழந்திருக்கும். உறவுகள் அப்படி சிதைந்துபோனாலும், அந்த சோகத்தை மனதில் ஏற்றி ஏங்கிக்கொண்டு இருப்பவராக காட்டிக்கொள்ளாமல் எஞ்சியிருக்கும் உறவுகளிடமும், புதிதாக வாய்க்கும் உறவுகளிடமும் அன்பு செலுத்தி, இருப்பதில் சுகம் கண்டு கருமமே கண்ணாக இயங்கிக்கொண்டிருக்கும். மறைந்துபோன, பிரிந்துபோன, இழந்துவிட்ட உறவுகளை நினைத்து சதா ஏங்கிக்கொண்டிருக்காமல் வாழ்க்கையின் இருத்தலை அர்த்தப்படுத்திக் கொண்டிருக்கும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    While it is ok and sounds good that this happened, His Holiness got into trouble recently with his openly sexist comment that 'a female dalai lama should be very attractive' - http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...lity-activists

Coming from someone this revered and of his stature, such comments are unacceptable.
    it was just a tongue in cheek remark and he was smiling while saying so, hungry media is at it again and so are the critics. guardian is worst.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KAMAL HAASAN EXPLAINS HIS VISIT

Kamal Haasan had a release this Diwali in the form of Thoongavanam and his fans are quite happy with the product.

Meanwhile UIaganayagan along with Gautami had met the much-revered Dalai Lama, and has issued a statement regarding this.

“I have always admired the Dalai Lama for his resilience and purpose. Being a fan of Gandhiji it is not too far-fetched to become his admirer. In spite of the fact that I am a rationalist and not spiritually bent, my meeting was invigorating and purposeful.

My lack of interest in matters of things spiritual in nature was matched by his disinterest in cinema. 'I have not watched a single movie not even Television’, he told me with a smile. Yet he opined that I could use my craft and medium to propagate the great philosophy offered to the world by India: Ahinsa. I confirmed my faith in Ahinsa and said I will venture soon in that direction.

For a man of his position he indulged in small talk with abandon, a sign of a man who had no worldly worries. Above all he loved the company of strangers. He reminded me of Kaniyan Poongundranar’s verse: -யாதும் ஊரே, யாவரும் கேளீர் (All places are my town; All are my kin)"

--BW

5. Likes Russellpei liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    it was just a tongue in cheek remark and he was smiling while saying so, hungry media is at it again and so are the critics. guardian is worst.

No - 'tongue-in-cheek' remarks by a friend to another friend is vastly different than coming from a man revered by millions across the world and who is looked upon for guidance in so many matters..

We live in different times - a few months ago, a Nobel Laureate called 'pretty women a distraction in research labs' and he had his rear end royally fried; several years ago, another Nobel Laureate was fired from Cold Spring Harbor for commenting that Afro-americans were likely genetically inferior or something to that effect; another renowned astronomy professor's career is as good as over, when a recent 6 months long inquiry (by UC Berkeley) found him guilty on all charges of sexual harassment (serial harassment involving dozens of students/co-workers)..

Popularity brings with it a certain level of responsibility - doesn't matter who it is..

People in the public realm, especially if they are being listened to - cannot afford to make casual remarks slip out - this has nothing to do with the Guardian et al - this is just a reactionary response to centuries old misogyny - of course, it is a different matter that most of these media won't have the guts to point out the blatant misogyny/cruelty towards women in countries like Afghanistan, or many middle-eastern Islamic countries (stoning or decapitating a woman even for suspected adultery) or even in India, where a Muslim woman who was raped by her father-in-law and she was accused of adultery by a local Muslim panchayat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imrana_rape_case)..
    Last edited by irir123; 11th November 2015 at 08:42 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    KAMAL HAASAN EXPLAINS HIS VISIT

Kamal Haasan had a release this Diwali in the form of Thoongavanam and his fans are quite happy with the product.

Meanwhile UIaganayagan along with Gautami had met the much-revered Dalai Lama, and has issued a statement regarding this.

“I have always admired the Dalai Lama for his resilience and purpose. Being a fan of Gandhiji it is not too far-fetched to become his admirer. In spite of the fact that I am a rationalist and not spiritually bent, my meeting was invigorating and purposeful.

My lack of interest in matters of things spiritual in nature was matched by his disinterest in cinema. 'I have not watched a single movie not even Television’, he told me with a smile. Yet he opined that I could use my craft and medium to propagate the great philosophy offered to the world by India: Ahinsa. I confirmed my faith in Ahinsa and said I will venture soon in that direction.

For a man of his position he indulged in small talk with abandon, a sign of a man who had no worldly worries. Above all he loved the company of strangers. He reminded me of Kaniyan Poongundranar’s verse: -யாதும் ஊரே, யாவரும் கேளீர் (All places are my town; All are my kin)"

--BW
    Did he travel to Tibet or was the Dalai Lama traveling somewhere south, do you know?

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    Did he travel to Tibet or was the Dalai Lama traveling somewhere south, do you know?
    The Dalai Lama was in Chennai for a lecture at IIT Madras.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...i-lama-2144222

Anyways, he lives in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh .. not in Tibet (now controlled by China).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    The Dalai Lama was in Chennai for a lecture at IIT Madras.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...i-lama-2144222

Anyways, he lives in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh .. not in Tibet (now controlled by China).
    Thanks Bill4u. I was just subconsciously typing Tibet (the name that comes to mind when you think of the Dalai Lama)

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's turn is Andra CM, Chandrababu Naidu
    N Chandrababu Naidu ‏@ncbn 3h3 hours ago

Had a lively conversation with accomplished & versatile cine actor Kamal Hasan.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is going to do a big ficci event to train all technicians..n construct studio in chennai n hyderabad for sound mixing

12. Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A long wait, but totally worth it

Twenty six years may seem a very long wait.

But that’s what it took for the movie buffs to witness the reunion of the iconic actor Kamal Haasan and T.K. Rajeev Kumar, a film-maker rated as one of the finest technicians in Mollywood.

Unsurprisingly, expectations are soaring high as the two join hands after the critically-acclaimed Chanakyan , their maiden joint venture released way back in 1989.

The film-maker’s revelation that it will be a family subject with a humorous take has only added to the excitement.

“The movie’s theme is socially relevant, too. It will be made in four languages–Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Hindi,” Mr. Rajeev Kumar told The Hindu . “Screenplay is by Kamal Haasan. Noted actress Amala plays a crucial role in the movie. An actress from Bollywood may also be part of the main cast that includes noted actor Zarina Wahab,” said the director.

It’s not that the two didn’t have any brainstorming over a second film together since Chanakyan . They even planned a period film in between.

Then they discussed a few more subjects while Kamal was working in Papanasam , the Tamil remake of Drishyam .

Finally, they zeroed in on this theme.

“He had it in mind for long. It will be a performance-oriented movie,” Mr. Rajeevkumar said.

The shoot will begin in January. Shot entirely in the U.S., the film is expected to have a 50-day schedule.

The main locations will be New York and Georgia. It will be made under the banner of Raaj Kamal Films International.

The lead technicians would be from the U.S., said Mr. Rajeevkumar.

The star cast had already created the buzz in tinsel town. Kamal and Amala are pairing up after their popular hit Sathya directed by Suresh Krissna in 1988.

Zarina Wahab joins hands with the noted actor after her brief role in Vishwaroopam .