Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    A very glad news, been waiting for this film to take off, a long time now

Muhammad Yusuf aka Khan Bahadur aka Yusuf Khan aka Maruthanayagam Pillai
    The Governor of Madura and Thmovelly (1756-1761)

'The bravest and ablest of all the native soldiers that ever served the English in India.' - Sir John Malcom.

Like I had mentioned about "Singing of Birth and Death" by Stuart H.Blackburn during Uthama Villain, here are 4 books that I recomend on Maruthanayagam. These books, (and if you are interested to follow the glosarry of books inside each of them), are records of our past, the way we lived and served. They are social as well as political, giving a vision about our own history, culture and rising.

[Please note that I recomend books that I find interesting, and pertaining to a context or concept. And all these works have been standing for almost century now. These recomendations should be considered as Knowledge Base only, and not for its content about Caste, Community, Politics & Civics.]

1/ Yusuf Khan : The Rebel Commandant by S.C. Hill (1914)
    Sort of Biography

2/ The Madura Country : A Manual by J.H Nelson (1868)
    The content of this work is to understand the said period, notably Civic, Political and Revenue structures.

2.1/[J.H Nelson work is extended by W. Francis (1906) in his book Madura]

3/ Political and General History of The District of Tinnevelly in the Presidency of Madras by R. Caldwell (1881)
    Chapter IV covers Nawab of Arcot until Yusuf Khan & Chapter V an accounting on Yusuf Khan

I saw a busy potter by the way,
    Kneading with might and main a lump of clay;
    And lo ! the clay cried, ' Uso me tenderly,
    I was a man myself but yesterday !'
    - Omar Khayyam.
    Thank you for the references. Eager to read these.

Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Arvind Srinivasan & rsubras,

I think Tehnology will be put in good use. When Disney Classics can be re-mastered visually & auditorily, I beleive there are ways to polish the existing footage. For the remaining, general make-up tips came be made use of, also for actions, they can go for motion capture, that does not disturb the texture of the motion picture.

I am sure this movie should learn us many things about History as well as Movie Making.
    Am not so sure. Doing all of this costs money and while it's affordable in Hollywood, there would be severe financial constraints here at home which in turn can affect the overall quality. Anyways I would like to leave this discussion to a future stand point, one in which the production for the movie's restarted ....
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement