Post Thanks / Like
    ^ She came in Anbe Sivam as well.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah with Nasser it gets monotonous for us as we know he can carry any role and very predictable for the most part.
    We need seasoned actors at the same time who can challenge our man on the sets and finally who can succeed doing many films in the future. Who gets a relaunching pad from Raajkamal.

Maddy was just ok in Naladhamayanthi. Again director Mouli could extract only that much. With Anbe Sivam maddy was a new avatar. You see Irudhi sutru and gives me a feeling confidence personified maddy this time.
    In between Thambi and vettai had just energy but not outstanding elements of emotion body language and screen presence.
    The seen where he overtakes kamal in AS is when they sit on the chair outside the Railway station and slow engagement turns into powerful argument and he shifts gears and gets on top succeeding in his ideology. The great performer on the otherhand maintains suttle reactions emoticons all from his cheek and sodaglass vision.
    Do we have anyone let alone Indian cinema perform that scene just as kamal did?

Kurosawa kind of stuff. Realistic at the same time minimal and believable stuff!

Our man is the right blend of Marlon brando, Al pacino, chaplin and our Dileepkumar and Ultimate Sivaji Ganesan whom he reveres as his first SUN on his horizon and attributes all of it to the path SG laid in the formative years.

With the next I am ok if it is laced with humor and still engages in a new topic relevant to today. We cannot get a complete comedy movie any more. Sathileelavathi is the last in that genre.
    Doing a full 2 hours of comedy movie is not going to be viable for any content.
    When things get into slapstick comedy then the super actor disappears and we see pale characterization. Vasoolraja MBBS was good in parts but no depth in the characterization that he is known for.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't mind a Kamal-Maddy combo again. Personally was let down by their lack of screentime in MMA. Could not match up to AS's intensity (yes, comparing apples to Oranges, but it's KH's screenplay though.)

Maddy coming in this project could benefit him again and I'd be ok with it.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.ibnlive.com/news/movies/h...n-1204972.html
    'Hey Ram' turns 16: 8 interesting facts about the film that you may not have known
    Considered to be the magnum opus of Kamal Hassan's career, 'Hey Ram' was released on February 16, 2000. Set with the backdrop of Bengal's partition, the story revolves around the protagonist Saket Ram's journey from religious hatred to love. As the iconic film 'Hey Ram' turns 16 today, we bring you some of the facts about the film that are bound to bring back memories from that era.
    Before we delve in the multi facets of the period-drama, let's take a ride back and remember how this film begins. The film begins with a retired archaeologist Ram Saket lying on his deathbed at the 7th anniversary of the destruction of Babri Mosque in Ayodhya.
    Not only did Kamal Hassan directed the film, he also played the role of the lead protagonist. A film indeed becomes memorable when so many actors including Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Hema Malini, Girish Karnad, Naseeruddin Shah, Atul Kulkarni, Farida Jalal share the screen space together.
    The fact that Shruti Hassan was a part of this film too might come as a surprise to a lot of you. She assayed the role of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's daughter in the story.
    Another fact that might just enthral you is that Shah Rukh Khan did not ask for any remuneration for the film; as he believed that it was both an honour and privilege for him to be working with Kamal Hassan.
    This period drama was simultaneously made in Hindi and English.
    The film's powerful soundtrack and background score was composed by Ilaiyaraaja. However, violinist L. Subramaniam was the first choice for the music composing. Recorded by a Symphony Orchestra, it was his' second time for an Indian film.
    While the film was selected by India as its submission to the Oscars, it failed to reach the final list of nominees.
    Though there were several protests by various political parties for portraying Gandhi in negative lights, the film still managed to bag numerous accolades including Best Supporting Actor for Atul Kulkarni, Best Costume Design for Sarika and Manthra won the Best Special Effects. Kamal Hassan also won the Best Actor award.

6. Likes Russellpei liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ram according to me is insurmountable even by Kamal. It was the first film that made me look up to Kamal Haasan, the filmmaker. We might have seen a different Kamal had Hey Ram succeeded. But anyway coming back , a a lot of scenes rake up contrasting emotions in me. Do you applaud the acting, the layered writing or you just allow yourself to get swept away by the intensity of the emotions conveyed. And that's probably the reason I sort of dread getting back to many of his films. And on the top of that list is Hey Ram. Just take the below scene for example.

Watch from 1:47-4:08. Saket Ram's two questions to Suhrawadi encapsulates the horrors of the Direct Action Day. It is complemented by some tremendous acting by Kamal. A scene that never ceases to tear me up every time I watch it.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 20th February 2016 at 03:36 AM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

8. Likes Russellpei, raagadevan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    AS

This is one movie India can be proud of.
    Somehow the tfm industry failed to appreciate this magnum opus.
    If all the creative heads like BR , MR , BM had endorsed it big time it could have helped a bit.
    He did it for Viswaroopam having a preview show for his mentirs atleast.
    2000 was probably the wrong timing for the movie. The industry was churning out useless movies and high on entertainment quotient . The general audience were mislead .
    Even now it is pretty much the same .

Sad state of affairs.

Raajas epic score and put the movie on a global pedestal.
    Kamals one of a kind performance and overall Indulgence.
    Talent personified.
    Like someone mentioned even kamal remake a similar epic. Every frame is very detailed . Lot of creative inputs visible everywhere.

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasayya View Post
    You mentioned Pasi.
    The other character who goes by the name Pasi sathya. What a powerhouse of performance and body language she possesses. I think she did a small role in magalir mattum?
    Terriffic actress again.
    She is not on Ulaganayans sightedness I guess.
    she did a great job in veedu
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஹேராம் பட இசை: கமல் பெருமிதம்!

கமல் இயக்கிய ஹேராம் படம், 2000-ம் ஆண்டு வெளியானது. பிப்ரவரி 18 அன்று அந்தப் படம் வெளியாகி 16 ஆண்டுகள் ஆனதையொட்டி, சமூகவலைத்தளத்தில் #16YearsOfHeyRam என்கிற ஹேஸ்டேகில் ரசிகர்கள் தங்கள் கருத்துகளைப் பதிவு செய்தார்கள். இதற்கடுத்ததாக கமல், தன் ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் ஹேராம் பற்றி குறிப்பிட்டார். அதில் இளையராஜா இசை குறித்தும் தன் கருத்துகளைப் பகிர்ந்துகொண்டார். ட்விட்டரில் கமல் கூறியதாவது:

ஹேராம் படத்தின் 16-வது ஆண்டை ரசிகர்கள் கொண்டாடுவதைக் கண்டு நெகிழ்ந்துவிட்டேன். இந்தப் படம் உருவாகக் காரணமான ஷாருக் கான், பரத் ஷா ஆகியோரை நினைவுகூர்கிறேன். ஹேராம் படத்தின் மிகப்பெரிய மகிழ்ச்சி, இளையராஜாவின் இசை. ஹேராமின் இசையை தவறான கைகளிலிருந்து அவர்தான் காப்பாற்றினார். அப்பட இசை, ஒரு ஆராய்ச்சித் தன்மை கொண்டது என்றார்.

13. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viswaroopam release in doldrums...
    Why does this happen to KH and IR always?????
    Geniuses who always set the bar high .
    I just read aascar is in trouble. For 35cr he has to let go of his Coimbatore property?
    I dont undertand he had a biggest BB or hit in I and sailed nicely with Bhoologam.

He doesnt have 35 cr to save a property?
    The guy who can get the Jackie chan to grace a function as chief guest. He still buys hollywood movies and exhibits . The new starwars , fast and fury franchise that everybody went gaga recently.
    How come he is in such a state? Did he commit a real blunder to get into trouble?

Now viswaroopam is the only last one sitting to see the light of the day correct!

Hmm something is not really right. Nothing is on the white paper?
    Mosadi pervizhigal everywhere......
    Best I see is KH buying it back from aascar and completing the movie while he is the US with PP , sound designing color corrections etc and releasing it under RFKI.
    He has a winner and for him to stay aloof like this makes me vent out and I my anger against KH is only going up.
    I am losing the interest and the once fan in me is dissipating slowly.
    I will be the fan of IR only and thats it.

He helped PC sriram with his maiden venture Meera to see the screens in 1990. He helped few others in his carreer including JMahendran for uthiripookal in eighties.