Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Kanmani: Maniratnam-ARRahman-PC Sreeram

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    entha oru trend kulleyum sikkathavar enggal thalaivar mani sir..but thaan ethu koduthallum makkal etrukkollvargal endara garvam vanthale alivuthaan.ithu ella padaipallikkum porunthum!

avarudaiya thodar flop-ikku mukkiya kaaranam screenplay semma sothappal.aanal avarudaiya story telling-a adichikka ingga vera yaarume illa!HE IS A KING..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    this is how it all started in I music discussion in other thread.. fans always want to see something +ve in their fav's output..
    fan nu solla mudiyaathu....oru respect...i would like to be fan only for ARR

btw, I also firmly and seriously believe, that Mani has not fallen from the peak or anything like that...........just that his style would have changed that may not exactly be palatable to many of the ppl (including myself )

A different perspective of the much damaged Kadal and Raavan from movie buffs

http://ajithanmotherearth.blogspot.i.../02/kadal.html
    http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/06/...di-maniratnam/
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    entha oru trend kulleyum sikkathavar enggal thalaivar mani sir..but thaan ethu koduthallum makkal etrukkollvargal endara garvam vanthale alivuthaan.ithu ella padaipallikkum porunthum!

avarudaiya thodar flop-ikku mukkiya kaaranam screenplay semma sothappal.aanal avarudaiya story telling-a adichikka ingga vera yaarume illa!HE IS A KING..
    enna boss solla vareenga.........story telling nala iruntha screen play super ah irukkatha? or am i missing something here? what is the diff between story telling vs screenplay?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he refers to penning a story.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    enna boss solla vareenga.........story telling nala iruntha screen play super ah irukkatha? or am i missing something here? what is the diff between story telling vs screenplay?
    avar kaachi amaippu oru scene sollum vitham..atha sonnen.title cards podarathalirunthu atha azhaga suvarisiyama boring illama sollum vitham ennakku romba pidikkum..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    fan nu solla mudiyaathu....oru respect...i would like to be fan only for ARR

btw, I also firmly and seriously believe, that Mani has not fallen from the peak or anything like that...........just that his style would have changed that may not exactly be palatable to many of the ppl (including myself )

never thought Kadal had so many hidden meanings..have to revisit..i thought Kadal was his weakest film...although it had some only-mani-can scenes such as the kid lying on his dead mother,cute romance etc, something was still missing in the film..

Ravanan was visual poetry..and still had Mani's stamp all over..
    Last edited by Mahen; 3rd October 2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    another scene..and this is why you can never write Mani off..

Last edited by Mahen; 3rd October 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ani Ratnam is starting his new untitled film from October 6. The film produced by his own banner Madras Talkies will have Dulquer Salmaan and Nitya Menen in the lead with music by AR Rahman and camera by PC Sreeram.

When Mani starts shooting for a new film it always creates a buzz, because over the years he has become a brand. However his last two films, Raavan in Hindi and Tamil and Kadal in Tamil have been disasters.

Now Mani is trying to recreate the old magic, by going back to his roots. His strength has always been urban love stories that cater basically to multiplex audiences. The grapevine has it that Mani’s new film is set against two metro’s Chennai and Mumbai.

He has chosen Dulquer and Nitya because of their urban cool dude looks. Remember that they have been paired before in romantic lead in Anjali Menon written and Anwar Rasheed directed Malayalam super hit Ustad Hotel. Later they featured in Anjali Menon’s blockbuster Bangalore Days.

Mani’s regular supporting cast and some newcomers will feature in this film, which will start on Monday in Chennai. The film will be shot on a budget and is likely to be wrapped up by December and released in the first quarter of 2015.
    not impressed with the heroine too.. anyway better than thulasi..and urban love story

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nityamenon is good choice...
    With ARRAhman + PCSreeram for Urban lovestory Hope its falls on the lines of Alaipayuthey...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i've not read these write-ups.. not going to read anyway..
    i just thought of saying this, IMO, do we need to analyse so far to the extent even the director & writer (creator) who has not thought about it..
    most times it might have happened just like that.. if you ask the director he might say "oh appadi kooda vechukkalamo"..
    long before i read about this..
    "என்ன பார்வை உந்தன் பார்வை
    இடை மெலிந்தாள் இந்தப் பாவை"
    i don't remember exactly what it is.. someone asked Kaviyarasar about the 2nd line.. did he wrote in that view.. only then kaviyarasar realised that is also correct..

very few cases these kind of write-ups match with the creator's views.. one example is director Ram completely agreeing with our hubber P_R's write-up on Katradhu thamizh..
    i think these kind of write-ups are by fans who want to defend their legendary fav's..

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast