Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Kanmani: Maniratnam-ARRahman-PC Sreeram

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subbu,

Itwofs Karthik started as an ARR fan but lately he is more concentrated on getting more hit rates and stirring up controversies that help him be afloat. If you read all his recent reviews, you can see a pattern. He wants to show off as a renowned music critic. He bashes all ARR numbers which are well received. He bashed Ai and OKK. He praises those ARR albums which neither satisfy his fans nor the public. EG:LHDD.. By doing so he becomes a discussing point among the lakhs of Rahman fans out there.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sathyam theatre-la kooda shows kedaikkalayaame .. #eksi ..

btw, kaattu kuppai kanchana2 has got the best screens ..

all the best Mani Ratnam, prove me wrong !
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Subbu,

Itwofs Karthik started as an ARR fan but lately he is more concentrated on getting more hit rates and stirring up controversies that help him be afloat. If you read all his recent reviews, you can see a pattern. He wants to show off as a renowned music critic. He bashes all ARR numbers which are well received. He bashed Ai and OKK. He praises those ARR albums which neither satisfy his fans nor the public. EG:LHDD.. By doing so he becomes a discussing point among the lakhs of Rahman fans out there.
    therila...... his Kochadaiyaan review seemed top class.... and he praises numerous imman's, santhosh narayanan's and ghibran's music albums. so i dont know..dont want to become opinionated as yet
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interview: Mani Ratnam's Tryst With 'Relationship Continues | Ok Kanmani Red Carpet

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman maniratnam speech @ Ok Bangaram audio success meet - Tv9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A spokesperson of @SPIcinemas clarified @ThenandalFilms had booked #Kanchana2 @ Sathyam big screen 4 Apr 17 release,1 month in advance.

As per earlier plans @StudioGreen2 was 2 release #OKKanmani Apr 24 at big screen, but they advanced it by a week, date blocked by #Kanchana"
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 16th April 2015 at 02:03 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    O' Kadhal Kanmani (OKK) music album is certainly a note worthy album. The Mani-ARR combo still proves to be light and bright. Ruling out the words "experimental' or 'master-piece', the album makes much sense with the movie's theme, and I hope that it will be more fantastic while mingling with the OST and the visuals. I liked the whole attitude behind each song and ARR still holds his top position when it comes to presentation and recording. He effortlessly mixes lot of tiny sound bits (be it a wind or string) and allows them to enter back and forth giving each song on the whole a wonderful texture. In Kakki Sattai, Anirudh would have extracted the sound from a Udukai mingling it with heavy western electronic beats (Ref: Trooper Theme from Kakki Sattai). A sample from OKK, ARR use of (I think its) Kanjira (Malargal Ketein) sounds awesome. An added wonder is the Drum Roll in Theera Ula which matches the Billboard Hits Charts of the 80's (Ref: BoneyM, my favourite).

I became a victim of expection. Kara Attakara from the promo video made me wait for this song, and thats the first song I listened too immediately after grabing the CD. I felt that an awesome 'Tara Kathu Irrukeney' dissolving in an 'auto-tuned-voice'. I accept that its not a genre I would listen to, but still wish ARR had given another version of this song for old-schoolers like me just like he provided two versions of 'Mental Manathil'.

Here is a line-up of the 8 songs from the OKK tracklist arranged according to my perferance :

1/ En Kalvanin Madiyil by Jonita Gandhi

2/ Yen Santhosha Kalaigalai Naan Nirutha Matein by ARR, Darshana, Nikita Gandhi

3/ Edhai Naan Ketpin Unnaiye Tharuvai by Chitra & ARR

4/ Varandha Udhattin Vari Pallangal by Karthik

5/ En Idhayam Edho Solluthey by Shashaa Tirupati, Sathya Prakash

6/ Just like that sung by Karthik & Shashaa Tirupati

7/ Taka Taka Taka Kotum Isaiyil sung by ARR

8/ Nama Nama Nama Ney Nana Ney Hoi Hoi by Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Darshana, Shashaa Tirupati

The change in the 2 versions of Mental Manathil was outstanding. I always find ARR working a lot over a theme - a great exemple is his fabulous album Rythm. 'Taka Taka Taka Kotum Isaiyil' is the 'key-line' for the sound arrangement. We get a lot of thunder stroms in the region I live in. Just before the strom, everything becomes grey and slowly you start to hear distant thunders. When the dark clouds are racing with each other, the thunder noise increases and all of a sudden the sky goes blazzing with thousands of luminous rays from an immense lightening and then the final thunder, which announces the rain. Thats exactly is the opening of the Male Version of the song Mental Manathil (Also Ref : Closing of Mona Gasolina song from Lingaa). You can also pickup few other notions pertaining to rain, like : noises of a bubble burst or rain drop over a puddle of water or the sway of the rain, etc. I felt that the same was presented differently, as 'train track' sound in the Female version. Also you can hear the sounds of a hissing engine in this alternate version. Well, found them interesting.

O' Kalvanin Kanmani - Kadhin Madiyil
    Last edited by mappi; 16th April 2015 at 02:44 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    therila...... his Kochadaiyaan review seemed top class.... and he praises numerous imman's, santhosh narayanan's and ghibran's music albums. so i dont know..dont want to become opinionated as yet
    Average rating for ATM, SOK, Sivaji, VTV, Enthiran, I, and OKK probably betrays a pattern. They are worse than Shamitabh and Ennai Arindhaal, according to him. After all, as Ajaybasker observes, the need to cater (pander?) to a variety of fans and maintain the number of hits on the website could be concerns. "Diminishing marginal utility" applies equally well to all!

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast