Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Kanmani: Maniratnam-ARRahman-PC Sreeram

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    Ennapaa ithu, valakkam pola ellorum positive reviews pottaa thaane, namma post kku oru mariyathai.. Neenga ellaam paattu mokkainu sonneenganaa naan enna panrathu..
    Uttama villain la kamal thoppaya vechukittu single kissku alladraaru. Adhukku onga comment thaeva padumae, anga poi jamaainga!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    And one more..Aya sinamika..breezy tune..rdb type..overall its still a disappointment..must be the weakest album of Mani-ARR
    High expectation creates disappointment

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OKK has easily exceeded my expectations and the combo has always done that. If any contemporary composer manages to come half close to the genius of ARR, I will be happy.

Thalaivar effortlessly jumps across genres and gives a different experience on each listen. We have been cheated with fake benchmarks till the entry of ARR and now he sets his own benchmarks. OKK is one such.

Parandhu Sellava - My pick of the album. What starts as a capella slowly transcends to a different plane altogether with a burst of strings in the final part. Karthik and Shashaa have done a fabulous job, complementing ARR

Naane Varugiren - Another pick of mine. I dont know much about the raagas. But i am quite sure that it is close to the one uses in Main Vari Vari in Mangal Pandey. Again Shashaa nails it. A very difficult track to sing.

Aattakkaara - Another 'Only ARR possible' song. Mixing rap intelligently with a stunning chorus with heavy beats in the backdrop.

Malargal Kaetten - Chitra again proves that experience matters. She does complete justice to the beautiful tune and ARR signs off in style.

Theera Ula - A trance blended with carnatic. Honestly, I listened to it only once because i was immersed in the above mentioned songs. Sounds promising
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 4th April 2015 at 08:38 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    OKK has easily exceeded my expectations and the combo has always done that. If any contemporary composer manages to come half close to the genius of ARR, I will be happy.

Thalaivar effortlessly jumps across genres and gives a different experience on each listen. We have been cheated with fake benchmarks till the entry of ARR and now he sets his own benchmarks. OKK is one such.

Parandhu Sellava - My pick of the album. What starts as a capella slowly transcends to a different plane altogether with a burst of strings in the final part. Karthik and Shashaa have done a fabulous job, complementing ARR

Naane Varugiren - Another pick of mine. I dont know much about the raagas. But i am quite sure that it is close to the one uses in Main Vari Vari in Mangal Pandey. Again Shashaa nails it. A very difficult track to sing.

Aattakkaara - Another 'Only ARR possible' song. Mixing rap intelligently with a stunning chorus with heavy beats in the backdrop.
    Perhaps, unlike Mahen, you tempered your expectations to begin with so that you could avoid disappointment? For me, I have to listen a few more times to give my assessment. Many songs were catchy on the first listen itself, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    No bro. I listened to it like i listen to any ARR album, with an open mind. Expectations will always be there but I know that some songs will immediately catch ur attention and others will manage it later. So no disappointments. I am sure Mahen will love them in the near future.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Another outstanding album from Mani-ARR Combo

On initial hearing, the feel was just average but something pushed me to listen it again and again. Now after listening 3-4 times, sensing a new high in all the songs. Finding it very difficult to pick the best as each and every song offers something unique and an exuberant feel.On the way to become to an addict to the songs...

Way to go A R Rahman...
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the trailer doesn't give anything away - is the movie in anyway related to the delhi gang rape incident?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about that. But it's about a living together couple

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The beauty of paranthu sella is unleashed when karthik starts singing nanaithu kolla va.. the album is slowly growing

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    loved naane varugiren...has a very good vidhyasaagar touch to it...awesome...

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast