View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 7 of 296 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope it is not like magadheera!!
    Yennai Arindhaal...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    If the movie is going to be period drama...they should have gone with Ilaiyaraja as the music director.
    I vote for ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    Waiting for this movie eagerly. I have always been a critic of Vijay especially not able to carry the role of ancient kings. Since this is going to be a very first role as per the news so waiting for this movie eagerly. Wish and hope carries it off successfully.
    Before Thuppakki happened, I would have claimed Vijay would have never able to play any responsible officer role, a cop or a military man and would have cited the examples of Villu Saravanan or a Pokkiri Police (climax) .......... or a Madurae Collector But Thuppakki more than quashed any such illusions...........so a director can make wonders provided he values story more than star value......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Before Thuppakki happened, I would have claimed Vijay would have never able to play any responsible officer role, a cop or a military man and would have cited the examples of Villu Saravanan or a Pokkiri Police (climax) .......... or a Madurae Collector But Thuppakki more than quashed any such illusions...........so a director can make wonders provided he values story more than star value......
    Well said. The problem with newbies/less experienced directors are they make the changes in movies to suit the leads, which fails to impress the neutral audience

Post Thanks / Like
    very true....but there is something called as screen test for the role being performed....guess top heroes don't go through these screen tests....really wondering how gracefully VJ can pull it off...it will be a big challenge for VJ as well as the director Chimbudevan....lets wait n watch...for the first look poster...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Kaththi‘s phenomenal success, Vijay gears up for his next flick

Actor Vijay’s next yet-untitled Tamil fantasy drama, which features Bollywood actress Sridevi, went on floors here Monday. The makers are likely to shoot a song featuring over 100 dancers on the first day.
    “The film went on floors on a grand set erected near ECR beach near Pannaiyur this morning. The team plans to shoot a song featuring over 100 dancers. They might also shoot an action sequence if time permits,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
    The first schedule at Pannaiyur will go on for 45 days. The crew will then head to a different location. Also starring Shruti Haasan, Hansika Motwani and Kiccha Sudeep, the film is being directed by Chimbu Devan. Sridevi will reportedly play Hansika’s mother in the movie.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only director, the star also.

Reg Pokkiri - I dont know how can people expects a undercover IPS who has been with beard, uncombed hair transforms into a clean shaved + police cut hair style+ toned muscle police officer in next scene .. appdi pannirundha sema illogical la irundhurukum .. continuity miss aagirukkum ...

9. Likes uruzalari liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was only referring to the body language in the climax scene vinod, somehow antha pokkiri character suit panna alavukku, the cop character (when he puts on his uniform) suit aagatha maathiri irunthathu.......... it didn't evoke the kind of respect that the role deserved imho.......... Refer to Saami for the situation you had mentioned....... In the post-thuppakki film Jilla...... VJ suited both the dhadha role and the cop role perfectly....imho
    Last edited by rsubras; 10th November 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: leosimha's comment
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    I was only referring to the climax scene vinod, somehow antha pokkiri character suit panna alavukku, the cop character (when he puts on his uniform) suit aagatha maathiri irunthathu.......... it didn't evoke the kind of respect that the role deserved imho.......... fast forward to the post-thuppakki film Jilla...... VJ suited both the dhadha role and the cop role handled at ease.........
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I should have added imho @ leosimha
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Page 7 of 296 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast