View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 27 of 296 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Hope they don't do it. Teaser watch count is not related to theatrical collections. It only gives a false hope to fans that the whole TN awaits that movie.
    I haven't seen that kinda stuff before. Please correct me if I am wrong. Was Sony, so desperate to get the count up or was it anyone else's obsession/desperation on Youtube records?
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    I haven't seen that kinda stuff before. Please correct me if I am wrong. Was Sony, so desperate to get the count up or was it anyone else's obsession/desperation on Youtube records?
    Well, we need to see if they repeat it. Then we will get an idea.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on whatever we have heard so far it looks like a different attempt from Vijay. Only the title gives a deja vu Vijay film feeling. Based on Chimbu devan's track record we can be sure it won't be run of the mill. Actually this is the most unlikeliest of combinations . The first look might give a clue to atleast what we can expect. If you look at the best scenes of Chimbu Devan's films he looks like one of the best in business. Somehow he only shows flashes of brilliance. Or maybe that is because he had to work within limitations of budgets and actors. But this is his best high profile mainstream chance so far to make a mark at the box office. I am quietly confident that this film will be way better than the initial apprehensions that Vijay fans might had or might be having

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumaran.P View Post
    Sony Music South
    @ SonyMusicSouth :
    The fiercest Animal of Kollywood now joins hands with us.Yes, #Ilayathalapathy #Vijay's #PuliWithSonyMusic
    Dream Big !

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this likes, dislikes, views have only become a factor for fueling fan wars in social media. I would rather have a Vijay movie having lesser genuine views on YouTube but more views by audiences in cinema halls when the movie actually releases and not the other way round.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cedy... this is a new marketing strategy that's used by most big media and marketing companies. It's called MCN (Multi-Channel Network). It's aimed at increasing your viewer base by signing and creating an account with MCN - it results in increasing YouTube views etc big time. Sony seems to have stepped into this recently. They obviously have their own motive of marketing their products by using MCNs massive network. There is a decent write up on the Internet on how this works. Read it when you find time.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dammy Bro.

That explains views and this means Puli might stand to benefit too. But what about likes? There seems to be no-coherence or proportion to the views and likes for the recent Sony teaser/trailer. Likes can be influenced by creating fake accounts right?
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dammy Bro.

That explains views and this means Puli might stand to benefit too. But what about likes? There seems to be no-coherence or proportion to the views and likes for the recent Sony teaser/trailer. Likes can be influenced by creating fake accounts right?
    Yes bro. Even on the views, I don't know if they can use same accounts for different products, meaning I don't know if Puli would be used as part of the same MCN account. As for the likes, we know what happened to Aambala trailer too.. and the harsh comments... . This whole trend of maximum likes, views are so misleading... I only wish these translated into the commercial success of a movie too. Then it would be worth tracking it. Right now, it is only used by hardcore fans; with no linkage to box office performance (unfortunately).

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish these views,likes,twitter tag trending account for some monetary benefit for the producer. They need not even worry about finding buyers for their movie or even advertising in print media.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw