View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 255 of 296 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That guy got to be high to do such crazy thing shanker you were there that time???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Cedy... Very well articulated review. Spoke my mind in your review...I was going to write one up as well after this initial splur of reactions ease out after Sunday.

To be honest, as much as I also found the movie to be average, which I mentioned here after I watched the movie, I totally disagree with some of the comments here around Vijays body language and dialogue delivery. Yes the punch lines in the very brief flashback did seem over the top, but when I saw it first time, those scenes got the maximum cheers from the front benchers, which is exactly what CD and Vijay would have wanted. When I watched it the second time, I found those to be a bit odd myself, but like you said, it was a brief 10 to 15 minute flashback.

Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie. Which means you can take cinematic liberties, and not look for perfection and correctness of characters, their attire, and mannerisms. Vijay uses very typical mannerisms for comedy scenes (which he did even in Kaththi), and some of us do find it odd, but that's done purely for his kid audience. The mannerisms that he uses for punch lines which do look over the top are for those front benchers, who didn't like Nanban for this exact same reason. Vijay cannot play the Kaththi Jeevanandham character in every movie, can he? He has a variety in his audience base and sometimes he falls prey to that temptation. Let's learn to accept some of these minor flaws and admire the other majority of what he does to entertain us.

As for the political dialogues, I sincerely think we, as his fans, are the ones to be blamed here for taking it way too seriously. This is a story about a kingdom, a queen, a princess, with him playing a prince. I didn't find those dialogues out of place at all. Just cos it's Vijay and his strong aspirations about getting into politics (not sure if he still harbors that interest), we tend to relate everything he says to this aspiration. And even if it is true, so be it. Some of us may not like that decision and some of us may welcome it. As long as he continues to entertain us, we should just give him his space and focus on him being a hero. Fans of Chiru or Pawan Kalyan don't do this nor do their films get into trouble for mouthing such dialogues. Why is it that only in TN we see such instances and that too mainly for Vijay (there are instances of couple other stars, but for Vijay it's becoming a routine..for his movies to land into release troubles).

I still stick to my individual feeling about the movie that the screenplay did feel dragging, especially the first 30 mts... And couple of songs were definitely speed-breakers. I even mentioned the same in my day 1 review. Vijay has to be applauded for his guts to sign such a project at a stage when he was in form...he could've easily signed even someone like Hari and given a masala movie and delivered a hit but he didn't.

Personally, I feel the biggest issue with his hardcore fans and us is that 2 of his biggest blockbusters have come in the last 4 years with ARM and we expect the same output even from the likes of Neason and ChimbuDevan..which is unfair.

Again, these are just my thoughts and my opinion...wasn't intended to offend anyone here.. I am sure a few of you would disagree with my thoughts too, which is fine

Let's just hope that Puli sails through into the safe zone in the coming few days.

Cheers!!!
    Well written bro.👍🏻👍🏻

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a response man not even a fight scene...just amazed seeing this much response for melody song gotto say he looks more handsome in puli than other movies...

Post Thanks / Like
    'Puli' Second Day (two-day) Box Office Collection: Ilayathalapathy's film performs exceedingly well on Friday

Ilayathalapathy Vijay's "Puli", which opened to mixed reviews from the audience and critics, has done exceeding well at the box office on its second day.
    "Puli" had suffered some losses on the opening day due to the delay in release over financial issues. However, the movie performed to its full strength on day two at the box office.
    The early estimates from the trade says that "Puli" has earned about Rs 11.30 crore from 400+ centres in Tamil Nadu. It means the movie has performed better than its first day where it had raked in Rs 10.75 crore with a net business of Rs 8.60 crore.
    The response has been good in Karnataka too, where the movie has collected close to Rs 4 crore (approximately) from two days. In Kerala, it has done a business of Rs 3.2 crore with the movie making a crore from the rest of India.
    The total business done by the flick on the second day in India is above Rs 21 crore.
    "Puli" has been grandly welcomed by overseas audience too. It has done well in the US, UK, France and Malaysia and the two day collection from the overseas centres is approximately Rs 10 crore.
    However, these are the early estimates and the exact figures are yet to be out.
    Meanwhile, the Telugu version has not been released due to some legal issues. As a result, the movie suffered some major losses. The collection made by the Hindi version is not revealed yet.
    The Vijay starrer fantasy-adventure movie had landed in financial issues in the last-minute of its release, leading to cancellation of early morning and follow up shows. As a result, it could not post a big total on the first day. However, the second day was good for the flick despite the mixed reviews. http://www.ibtimes.co.in/puli-second...ly-well-648984

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw my family watched puli yesterday and they all said its watchable v liked it...kids enjoyed really well and said should appreciate vijay for taking this kind of risk at this point of time...

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems telugu version doing good good to see

Junior Member Junior Hubber ActionHero's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Puli padam hit-o illayo, Ana oru nalla vishyam nadakuthu. Common public and neutrals are realizing that there are groups which are trying very hard to pull Vijay down due to personal grudge by criticizing the movie to extreme levels. I'm seeing lots of people who are not Vijay fans in social media stepping up to voice their view in support of Puli movie. At the end the people who wants to pull Vijay down actually helping him to grow even more. In the process they are also losing their credibility among public and neutrals. When next time they say anything bad about Vijay, it won't carry the same value and impact among others.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay Puli fetched very good shares in Telugu Telugu States. Even though movie lost 2 shows on release day , Puli managed to get very good collections. As per the early estimates , Puli 2 days AP&TG share will be more than 1.7 Crs . If movie sustains well, it expected to collect 1Cr share today .Stay tuned for more updates.
    http://tollyrevenue.com/2015/10/terr...telugu-states/

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnival Cinemas DGL
    @aarthigrand :
    #Puli- A must watch movie for Kids & Family! Come, Celebrate

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionHero View Post
    Puli padam hit-o illayo, Ana oru nalla vishyam nadakuthu. Common public and neutrals are realizing that there are groups which are trying very hard to pull Vijay down due to personal grudge by criticizing the movie to extreme levels. I'm seeing lots of people who are not Vijay fans in social media stepping up to voice their view in support of Puli movie. At the end the people who wants to pull Vijay down actually helping him to grow even more. In the process they are also losing their credibility among public and neutrals. When next time they say anything bad about Vijay, it won't carry the same value and impact among others.
    bro...