View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 233 of 296 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praboo View Post
    Expected one from chimbudevan....vijay should work with directors who controlls him...dont put entire blame on director, no director will tell hero to do tat kind of body language...dont know wat vijay thinking about himself and crores of fans...his biggest plus is his body language(up to ghilli) but after thirupachi and pokiri his body language in comedy scenes just puts me off...hope atlee is a sensible director and wont get convinced and gets the best out of vijay...i realised after every blockbuster vijay gives this kind of a shit...is it a deliberate choice..?
    Thalaivar should sit back and realise how big star he is and how much fans expecting from him and should understand taste of current generation audience
    also that iluthu pesara moment very irritating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maniram,

Honestly, I didnt expect Kaththi kind of film. All i expected was a decent film that we could sit through.

If praising a bad film is what you do you as a genuine fan, I am happy that Vijay doesn't have such fans. We've been critical of him for his bad films right through his career. Especially hub. I've seen similar or harsher reviews for Suraa or Villu then.

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest those critical reviews are the one, which turned the path of Vijay.
    IMHO, we need to be honest with the review and outcome, then only they will get our message.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted with warning-
    Real Ulaga Naayagan and Oscar Naayagan ARR

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys.. Please leave it. Let us just stick to Puli.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!!
    Honesty Bro ..Honesty .. Vijay needs more fans like you
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSV View Post
    Praboo.. Partially agree on thalaivars body language in his recent movies.. But This s where he gets kids and ladies audience.. To be at the top,he has to maintain this balance..sometimes it works and some times doesn't....

Best example s Kathi and Jilla.. Jilla s not BB not just becoz of body language.. Other factors like length, no wow factors etc... Where as Kathi too had same body language in first 45 mins which most of us felt not good but kids and ladies enjoyed and movie s BB..

He has to compromise many things to get the name enga veetu annan and chella pillai of Tamil cinema.. Avlo easy enna..
    Innum ethana varushathukku dhaan Chella pillaiyave irukkuradu... Everybody knows him and he shud try varied genres like horror, thriller, romantic or full fledged comedy etc.... Nandu sindugalaam enna ennamo pannudhunga... Nammalaala mudiyaada enna ???
    Last edited by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar; 2nd October 2015 at 11:47 AM.
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a clear case of betrayal...simbu devan....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Usman View Post
    This is bad negative reviews even from senior hubbers. Appove paattu latchnathulayae therinju pochu.
    Now even more worried on V59..cant trust Atlee jus by one movie. SJS vera appapo kanavula varaan
    V59 Vidunga.... GV 50th Film as MD ! Songs Greatest Expectation vechirukken... SJS is a Big Gamble ! Even ARM slipped in 7am Arivu but Hit Back Strongly... SJS Vendaamnu sollala na but for timebeing avar vendaam...
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar View Post
    Innum ethana varushathukku dhaan Chella pillaiyave irukkuradu... Everybody knows him and he shud try varied genres like horror, thriller, romantic or full fledged comedy etc.... Nandu sindugalaam enna ennamo pannudhunga... Nammalaala mudiyaada enna ???
    Ipvk,
    agree.. I was just saying It s not Vijays fault alone..
    Last edited by GSV; 2nd October 2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Sachin...