View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 184 of 296 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Post Thanks / Like
    Perinba Vilas Cinema in Tirunelveli opens #Puli bookings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    #Puli bookings open at Carnival Cinemas, Dindigul. As of now, gets 17 shows per day including special shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    SPI Cinemas
    @SPIcinemas :
    Advance booking for Puli will go live at 12AM on 29.09.2015!

Post Thanks / Like
    Karpagam Cinemas, Coimbatore opens #Puli bookings. Gets both the screens and all shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh Gowthaman
    @VettriTheatres :
    #Puli online slots in screen Rakesh for Day 1 now open ... Better be fast to grab ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay Srinivasan
    @Ajaychairman
    #Puli Tambaram Area: Vettri, Rakesh, Varadharaja, Vidhya, Janatha, Velco, Arunmathi, Medavakkam Kumaran- All screening it with max shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Puli Movie Preview
    In the early days of 2014, talks surfaced on the idea of afantasy action adventure which would have Ilayathalapathy Vijay in the lead. This immediately put fans in excitement as it was a genre which was relatively new to the Tamil audience. Touted to be produced by Vijay¡¯s long-time associate and PROPT Selvakumarin association with Kerala distributorShibu Thameens, the project was familiarised as a biggie to be made at a budget of close to a 100 crores. Over the course of six months, visionary director Chimbudevan and the makers assembled a massive team, on both the casting and the technical sides. Shoot began with an auspicious pooja on the 8th of November.
    In just two days from now, the Indian audience will witness a fantasy action adventure like never before. They will witness an all-new Vijay in costumes and getups which belong to another era. They will witness the comeback of yesteryear beauty Sridevi to Tamil filmdom after a long hiatus of 28 years. They will witness two milky lasses in Shruti Hassan and Hansika come together with a humongous supporting cast which also includes Kannada Superstar Sudeep in a negative role.
    They will witness, Puli.
    A glance at the colourful posters and trailers of Puli is enough to tell you that this is an ambitious experiment to provide something new to the audience, who have started begging for novelty in every other film. The entire cast is seen clad in shiny costumes amidst grandiose sets erected by art director T.Muthuraj. From the looks of it, Puli feels like a journey into an alien land which has been sculpted with generous doses of creativity and care, captured wondrously through the lens of Natty.
    The film promises fun in the form of comedy, action and romance with the surplus addition of interesting characters like ahuge tortoise, a giant troll, a black panther, colourful birds, Lilliput menand what not. To put it in short, Puli will be aVFX extravaganzawith loads of interesting characters apart from our own human folk.
    On the way to the release, the film has bagged an assemblage of memories to be cherished. Though things didn¡¯t start neatly thanks to the teaser leak, episodes like worldwide trends for the first look, Vijay¡¯s lovely rendition in Yaendi Yaendi, TR¡¯s speech at the audio launch and the record for becoming the most-liked Indian trailer are something which we will not forget for a long while.
    The clock gets ticking as we near the release date, as the month of October will kick off with the celebrations of the star¡¯s arrival.Puli will grace screens worldwide in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi on the 1stof October, so go book your tickets once you close this window.
    http://www.onlykollywood.com/puli-movie-preview/

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not compare 'Puli' to 'Baahubali', says Chimbu Devan

Back in 60s and 70s, fantasy films were the favorite genre in Kollywood. We hadPattinathil Bootham, Vedhala Ulagam, Allaudinum Arbutha Vilakkumbut after that filmmakers did not show big interest in making such flicks. After a long time, it was Chimbu Devan who re-explored fantasy genre through his films like Imsai Arasan, Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singamand now he is all set for the never seen before fantasy adventure of Indian cinema, Puli starringIlayathalapathyVijay, which will be releasing in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi on October 1.
    “Basically I’m a cartoonist and right from my childhood days, had interest for comic books and characters. Maybe that’s why I prefer to make such fantasy flicks”, said Chimbu Devan.
    “Everyone would have loved fantasy films during their childhood. Before thirty years, Tamil cinema used to produce a lot fantasy films but due to some unknown reasons, we have stopped making such movies but even now, Telugu filmmakers are exploring it”, added the director.
    “Advantage of making adventure fantasy film is that this particular genre does not have language barrier. Right from six to sixties,it will be liked by all age groups, and the icing on the cake is of course, having a big hero like Vijay on board. I’m surePuliwill not only attract the loyal fans of Vijay for by all the movie buffs”, gushed Chimbu Devan.
    There were rumors that Chimbu Devan went with a story board to narrate the script for Vijay but the director has a different version to say “No, I met Vijay sir only with a bounded script and right after the first listen, he told me ‘I was expecting this kind of story for a long time. Do it without making any changes’ which has gave me a lot of confidence”, said the director.
    But the director indeed had a story board during the process of filmmaking. When asked, Chimbu said “ As I said earlier, being a cartoonist I had the advantage of drawing my own scenes which has helped me for having clear communication with my art director and cinematographer”.
    Normally fantasy flicks in International cinema would consume a lot of time but Chimbu Devan finishedPuliwithin one year, which is remarkable. Speaking about it, the director said “We don’t really have the freedom like foreign filmmakers but I won’t complain considering the limitation prevails here”.
    “ I see the process of completing a film within the said time period is a professional ethics of a director and I’m glad we have done it inPuli”, added the director.
    For Puli, Chimbu Devan along with the VFX supervisor RC Kamalakannan and art director Muthuraj worked together even before the commencement of the film. Everything is preplanned in Puli which is the main reason for completing the film in a record time.
    “I would say RC Kamalkannan and Muthuraj’s work in the film is remarkable. Visuals would be seen blended in the movie that you can’t say which is real set and which one is VFX. ”, said Chimbu Devan.
    Going by the trailer, the film gives us a feeling of set in ancient period with kingdom backdrop. When asked whether the dialogues used in the film is ‘classic Tamil’ or colloquial language, Chimbu Devan said “I prefer not to reveal it now because you have to experience it on screen but I’m sure it will be interesting. Watch out”.
    Talking about Sridevi who is making her comeback in Tamil films after 28 years, Chimbu Devan said “Sridevi mam plays a queen in the film. When she heard the story, her immediate reaction was ‘I have done many films in my carer but this character and backdrop is very unique. I will definitely do this project’”.
    Sharing the experience in working with the legendary actress, Chimbu Devan said “ Sridevi mam is a positive person and she is completely down to earth”.
    The director has already said that his film is noBaahubaliand the comparison is irrelevant. “Puliis a fantasy adventure which is sure to appeal for universal audiences. If you come without any expectation, it would be more than satisfying”, signs off Chimbu Devan.
    http://www.sify.com/movies/do-not-co...83dcfceij.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Box Office 24x7
    @BOReports24x7 :
    #Puli biggest ever release for a tamil film in Madurai area, in 8 theatres.

Post Thanks / Like
    First time in history,a tamil film will be screened in 27 screens across SriLanka (20+ confirmed as of now) #Puli