View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 254 of 296 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay may have evaded income tax, which if true would be a blow to my personal liking for him, but for the moment, let's stick with just puli.
    No need to worry about it if you are fan of his profession.

I am not justifying it. It's wrong. But when some people takes it seriously as if they dont do it we dont need to worry about it. Even people who comes under TDS evade income tax by submitting fake house rent receipt, medical bills etc . IT company la oruthan Tax evade panna avan buthisali adhae Vijay panna avan dhesa drogi. Indha naatula evanavadhu oruthan sandhosama tax katturinga ? tax ah yemadhuradhu eppdi na ellorum modhala vandhu nippanga ... pongada dei. Adhu seri ooru irukavan lam nallavana irrukkanum aana naa eppdi venumnalum iruppaengaravanga thaan namellam.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    Seriously all these political dialogues???
    Enakku appdi thaan therinjadhu . For last two times I came out of theatre before he start his dialogues !!!

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinodh see this as normal Tamil fantasy movie bro you will like...forget politics or any fantasy English movie in mind while watching ..i personally feel your giving too much thoughts on dialogues rather just watching it.....especially don't watch it with you friends who is not Vijay fans it has opportunity for them to freak us
    Last edited by Nawaaz; 4th October 2015 at 01:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than Avatar I haven't watched any fantasy english movies. I am very much satisfied with fantasy portions of Puli.

All four times I watched with Vijay fans only. even if not they dont disturb me because I dont disturb them . It's not about my liking .. I didn't like Sura also and dint pour my frustrations like this ..because that movie was not even worth for getting frustrated .

As I said earlier this movie should have been in vera level in terms of critical acclaims and box office pull if they have not compromised the script for few unwanted items. That's my frustration. Anyway let me stop here.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cedy... Very well articulated review. Spoke my mind in your review...I was going to write one up as well after this initial splur of reactions ease out after Sunday.

To be honest, as much as I also found the movie to be average, which I mentioned here after I watched the movie, I totally disagree with some of the comments here around Vijays body language and dialogue delivery. Yes the punch lines in the very brief flashback did seem over the top, but when I saw it first time, those scenes got the maximum cheers from the front benchers, which is exactly what CD and Vijay would have wanted. When I watched it the second time, I found those to be a bit odd myself, but like you said, it was a brief 10 to 15 minute flashback.

Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie. Which means you can take cinematic liberties, and not look for perfection and correctness of characters, their attire, and mannerisms. Vijay uses very typical mannerisms for comedy scenes (which he did even in Kaththi), and some of us do find it odd, but that's done purely for his kid audience. The mannerisms that he uses for punch lines which do look over the top are for those front benchers, who didn't like Nanban for this exact same reason. Vijay cannot play the Kaththi Jeevanandham character in every movie, can he? He has a variety in his audience base and sometimes he falls prey to that temptation. Let's learn to accept some of these minor flaws and admire the other majority of what he does to entertain us.

As for the political dialogues, I sincerely think we, as his fans, are the ones to be blamed here for taking it way too seriously. This is a story about a kingdom, a queen, a princess, with him playing a prince. I didn't find those dialogues out of place at all. Just cos it's Vijay and his strong aspirations about getting into politics (not sure if he still harbors that interest), we tend to relate everything he says to this aspiration. And even if it is true, so be it. Some of us may not like that decision and some of us may welcome it. As long as he continues to entertain us, we should just give him his space and focus on him being a hero. Fans of Chiru or Pawan Kalyan don't do this nor do their films get into trouble for mouthing such dialogues. Why is it that only in TN we see such instances and that too mainly for Vijay (there are instances of couple other stars, but for Vijay it's becoming a routine..for his movies to land into release troubles).

I still stick to my individual feeling about the movie that the screenplay did feel dragging, especially the first 30 mts... And couple of songs were definitely speed-breakers. I even mentioned the same in my day 1 review. Vijay has to be applauded for his guts to sign such a project at a stage when he was in form...he could've easily signed even someone like Hari and given a masala movie and delivered a hit but he didn't.

Personally, I feel the biggest issue with his hardcore fans and us is that 2 of his biggest blockbusters have come in the last 4 years with ARM and we expect the same output even from the likes of Neason and ChimbuDevan..which is unfair.

Again, these are just my thoughts and my opinion...wasn't intended to offend anyone here.. I am sure a few of you would disagree with my thoughts too, which is fine

Let's just hope that Puli sails through into the safe zone in the coming few days.

Cheers!!!
    Last edited by Dammy R; 4th October 2015 at 01:49 AM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

7. Likes ecureuhapis liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumaran.P View Post
    Archana Kalpathi @archanakalpathi #Puli #FDFS@ags_cinemas #SaraVedi ����( that's me)
    Just saw this ..typical fanboy material this Archana Kalpathi is....her admiration for Vijay has to be applauded. Being into a business where she has to produce different actors' projects, screen their movies in her cinema halls, she is very open about her being an ardent Vijay fan. Even her Twitter handle description says that... Good to see her and few other known personalities being open about their liking for a particular hero.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie.

Dammy, It's a fantasy movie in historic backdrop. We can't excuse the flaws in body language because its a fantasy movie. IMO especially in second half Vijay was odd man out in body language and dialogue delivery. Weren't we thinking before movie release that Vijay's getup is because he travels back from real time ?

Those are the items make an average movie to good and good movie to very good !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night during Puli screening at Scarborough Town Centre and Mississauga. An individual slashed both screens during the show and left. The movie was eventually stopped and had to be moved to another screen.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post Dammy I always wonder why there should be 5 songs in every movie when they know that it's going to be showstopper...

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well written posts guys...
    Sachin...