View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 228 of 296 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    He is absolute worst fellow, avanukku movie review panra thaguthiye illa. Just ignore the guy!
    You mean that panda guy? If yes, he looks ridiculous.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamalakannan has got bright future

Post Thanks / Like
    Just caught the 9pm show at Rex. Was a full house.

Let me start the review with the score, a very generous 3/5 mostly for Vijay's performance and the effort. Anyone who tells you its either excellent or downright terrible is lying. It's all in all an average film.

Chimbudevan disappoints. His script is not fresh, his execution is flawed. This will be one of the movies Vijay will file under 'Decent story, terrible execution'. I know I am hard on the movie and after a polished product like Kaththi, Puli is a let down. The one word I kept hearing associated with the movie is that its a 'family entertainer' and 'kids will love it'. If its appropriate for Shruti to dance in skimpy outfits to cheap choreography, then I think you can call it that. I am a straight male so I did not find issue with it but my significant other sure did. The action sequences, while quite exhilarating, were too long and also with too many slow-mo effects.

Now to the good part. All the cast did their parts well, especially Sudeep. SriDevi could have been utilized more but that might just be me. Prabhu and Nandita were good in their cameos. Comedy was sufficient. The songs were helped greatly by the visualization, special mention to Vijay's dance. BGM was surprisingly pretty good. The behind the scene heroes of this movie are DoP Natty and Art Director Muthuraj. Both did their parts to perfection. Last but not least, Vijay. As with most average movies he was in, he carries the film on his shoulders from beginning to end. Be it action, comedy, dance or sentiment, this man can do it and do it well. I just hope directors use him better, script wise and execution wise.

On towards Vijay59.

5. Likes ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar, gane14 liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanker View Post
    SriDevi could have been utilized more but that might just be me
    My friend heard news that Sridevi was upset over many of her scenes being edited out only to be revealed during dubbing time...
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar View Post
    My friend heard news that Sridevi was upset over many of her scenes being edited out only to be revealed during dubbing time...
    She is absent completely from the first half. In the second half, she's just got a handful of dialogues. Pretty sad really. She was splendid in the scenes she were in.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    படத்துல ஒரு கரும்புள்ளி வருது ..

என்னடா இவன் ..கரும்புள்ளி-ங்குறான்

(கூர்ந்து கவனிச்சா) கரும்புளி

இது என்னடா கரும்புளி ??

ஓ .. கரும்புலி -யத்தான் இவன் இப்படி சொல்லுறானா ?
    Ivan ellam oru allu nu, Ivanukku folowers vera, Any body can call themselves critics...Koduma, This guy knows nothing about Movie making yet reviews technical aspects.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a Lighter note!!! Is this true http://www.thehindu.com/news/it-raid...?homepage=true

It says he has evaded taxes for 5 Years

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanker View Post
    She is absent completely from the first half. In the second half, she's just got a handful of dialogues. Pretty sad really. She was splendid in the scenes she were in.
    Even sudeep's scenes were edited out it seems... Director literally chased behind Sudeep that only he can the role and same case with Sridevi ! What happened still remains a mystery !
    Dream Big !

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liked the adventure part which starts with the dwarfs around 40 minutes before the interval and extends some half hour after it. But did not like the remaining part of the film. The 'mass' factor not projected properly and the 'political mileage' dialogues were big downers for me. Vijay looks even younger than Jilla and Kaththi. Dance was very good.
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 1st October 2015 at 10:59 PM.

12. Likes ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    On a Lighter note!!! Is this true http://www.thehindu.com/news/it-raid...?homepage=true

It says he has evaded taxes for 5 Years
    Apdiye ellarum uthaman maadhiri pesuraanga media la ! Ellarum pathukki dhaan vakkuraanga... Avan avan vaaila thinikka vendiya betta thinithu most of them evade... Inga what happened who knows... Black sheep irundhirukalaam, TN politics irukkalaam ennadhaan Central Govt irundhaalum State samandhame illama avangalaala onnum panna mudiyadu !
    Dream Big !