View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 264 of 296 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by praboo View Post
    US market is fully review oriented one..if reviews and wom not good collection will go down drastically...if reviews and wom is good even a medium hero movies do wonders there..feeling sad for atmus...they lost huge amount bcz of premiers cancelled
    I think Atmus explained this through their tweets on day 2. They had to return 10,000 tkts ($150,000) back due to the KDM delay. Also, due to some policy that if customers have to wait for more than 2 hours, the theaters in US usually give away free tickets. So in addition to the 10k tkts, theaters also gave away 6,000 tickets ($90,000) free, which were used when the movie finally released - here itself there is a loss of $240,000 in revenue. The day 1 reviews dented the movie prospects further, with Friday being a working day. So overall I personally feel that Atmus will lose a huge sum for Puli in US... We will know the exact picture when Atmus releases the first weekend numbers.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 4th October 2015 at 09:14 PM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ayngaran France @AyngaranFrance
    Puli housefull at 5PM in Mulhouse ! Last show at 8PM there ! Just 70 places are available for this show !

Post Thanks / Like
    PULI IS VIJAY'S ENTHIRAN
    I have been writing too many news articles on Puli over the past year and a half, and now I have literally exhausted all my adjectives to describe this film. Nonetheless, I now have a new term to associate it with - TROLL. Puli is unofficially the most trolled film at the moment, and has found itself a fair share of haters amidst an adequate number of takers too. Though I tilt more towards the former group, Vijay’s idea to associate himself with such a unique script took me by a pleasant surprise and filled me with babyish joy.
    Puli always looked to be a trick or treat film. On paper, it looks exhilarating, with magic, animals which could talk and some Lilliput human beings. All these facets give you a congenial feel about it, attached with an amount of risk too.
    One thing that I have against Puli is the overdone, not so required mass moments in the film. If he is going for fantasy he should go full-fledged. Overdose of heroism made me feel that it was neither a commercial film nor an experimental film. I also felt that the makers gave away too much in the trailers, misusing all their trump cards. It would have been super surprising if I was witnessing Vijay crossing the fire tunnel in the theatre first, instead of seeing it in the trailer. The same goes with the tortoise, Lilliput and the one-eyed giant.
    Nevertheless, Vijay’s initiative is commendable and that is why I felt it was more important to talk about the takeaways that I found in Puli than talking about what didn't work.
    Technically the film looked good to me, in spite of few goof ups here and there, which however is excusable considering the time limitation and constraints. Yet the CGI overall looked spectacular, specially the huge tortoise and the one eyed giant which were so scarily pleasant to the eyes.
    Such daringly different attempts require good reception and a big opening. You need people between the projector and the screen to keep the game going. And to bring in tons and tons of them, some of the very top superstars in the industry like Vijay is definitely required.
    Seriously, when was the last time you saw a commercial mass hero try his hands at experimentation? Rajini did it with Enthiran and you could also count Suriya for doing 7am Arivu and Maattrraan. Actors like Kamal Haasan cannot be taken into this comparison, as he just doesn’t mind his image. You even ask him to walk naked, and he would do it for the art.
    Now let us check out the odds on why Vijay had to do such a tricky storyline. Going by his track record, he could have safely chosen a typical mass masala film with a bonafide mix of action, comedy and sentiment and even if he could only grind out an average product out of it, he still has a potential winner in his hands. But to everyone’s surprise here, this 'go to man' pops out a freakishly unique fantasy film which his fans wouldn’t have expected even in their dreams. For Vijay to do this, particularly at this point of his career, is probably the most amazing thing that he could do for the industry, in my opinion.
    Comparing Puli with a Hollywood film would be awkward but there are things that a Tamil film could be proud of, especially the fantasy elements and the CGI work. In order to prevent the industry from going stale, you need such films at regular intervals.
    Vijay might have found some haters through Puli but the people who are criticizing Vijay now are probably the same ones who used to pull his legs when he was doing similar kind of commercial roles.
    The success of Puli is critical. One thing that I am scared regarding Puli’s outcome is, if it fails, it may set a bad precedent that experiments are bound to fail. Not just Vijay, even the other top actors who are genuinely trying to bring in a difference might think twice before stepping out to do a daring film.
    How will Vijay go about things from here? He has a massive fan following, who will keep demanding a fully cooked masala dish peppered with some new age ideas. On the other hand, now there is another set of audience (may be very microscopic in number) like me who would want Vijay to continue experimenting more like Puli. Never mind if it’s half-baked, because one day he will definitely serve us a more fulfilling dish that could probably take the industry to a different league.
    Now Vijay has a huge responsibility of experimenting as well as keeping his mass fan following intact. It would be ideal for him to experiment once in a while.
    For now, I'll say,Thank you Vijay for experimenting! http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...-enthiran.html

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back from round 4 and the film seems to be better each time and so is the response....Normally the response should have been overwhelming on the first day with the fans and gradually decreasing....With Puli it is the other way around.....The only grudge this time also were the dialogues with political overtones that were embarrassing for me as a Vijay fan...There was almost nil artificial heroism till the flashback point.....

Despite being someone who watches most enjoyable movies multiple times, 4 times in 4 days surely means the movie is atleast not bad to say the least ...Jilla and Thalaiva were a little difficult to watch these many times.... Puli is definitely far better than what I felt on the first day....Now hope the movie would really do well and Vijay would continue to experiment atleast little once in a while...And yes this film should have been promoted more vigorously as a Kids film
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 4th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moviebuff bro thank you for sharing

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Dasavatharam Thuppakki , #Puli is a successfull venture for SVR in Telugu
    - Eenadu

#PuliBOSlappedFakeReviews
    Good to see Vijay movies doing good in AP also lately

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumaran.P View Post
    This video is an eye-opener! Revealed many facts. In case if anyone missed..
    I'm so shocked and annoyed after seeing such a coward act from all hero fans against their rivals....

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends who usually mock me when I stand up for a Vijay film (recent eg Jilla) are actually liking Puli and asking why I did not like it when I saw it the first time

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Friends who usually mock me when I stand up for a Vijay film (recent eg Jilla) are actually liking Puli and asking why I did not like it when I saw it the first time
    It's so simple bro it's not Vijay film...even though kaththi has message in the flick it succeeded big time bcoz of mass elements in the movie otherwise it would had been another thamilan...so all fans should watch his flicks without expecting mass elements whenever he tries different then we will like it

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skycinemas
    Skycinemas – ‏@skycinemas

Seems After Singam 2 , #Puli won the people hearts and Bo,despite of poor reviews from the crictics.cheers #PuliBOSlappedFakeReview Agree?