View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 88 of 296 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correctu nee enna periya Bill gates ah nu ketkuringa ... illa naa bill gates illa sollanumnu thonuchu mannichurunga ...

these days his humour sense in public has improved lot .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber Mohan kumar.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jingliya, Yaendi, Mannavane, Manidha songs are good.. Eagerly waiting to rejoice in vijay dancing to rockstar's beats..
    Thanks to Kumaran for the live updates..
    " The secret of life is to fall seven times & get up eight times"

Post Thanks / Like
    PULI - TIGER FROM THE SOUTH ROARS
    Hey people out there, especially Vijay fans, here’s a detailed account of the audio launch of Puli, the most awaited film in recent times. I’ve tried my best to enact the whole proceeding in words for you, bear with me for lapses if any.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see Vijay receiving the guests with his reticent but winsome smile. The hall was jam packed, at least 3500+ faces.
    06:24 p.m
    ‘Thamizh thaai vaazhthu’
    The anchors were Anjana and Adams.
    06:26
    Adams spoke a few lines in praise of our 11thPresident Shri Abdul Kalam and requested us to stand and observe silence for 1 minute, as a mark of respect to this great soul.
    Anjana asked Vijay’s fans ‘how much do you like your Ilayathalapathy?’ and the hall literally roared like a tiger!
    6:30
    Shibu Thameens the producer was invited on to the stage. He is a quiet bundle of energy who has definite ideas of ensuring ‘Puli’ reaches every nook and corner of the world. He said he was quite dazed when he got a call out of the blue, which he never expected in his wildest dreams, to become a producer and that too for Vijay’s film. When he went to meet Sridevi he said the warm welcome he received was only due to Vijay’s popularity. He thanked the fans for a 3 page advertisement which even he as producer didn’t accomplish!
    06:34
    P.T.Selvakumar was invited to speak a few words. He echoed Shibu’s awe at turning from a P.R.O to producer when Vijay told him, ‘anna, you are working in my next film’. So Selva asked ‘as P.R.O’? To which he got this surprising reply, ‘no, as producer’! Selva to say the least was clean bowled! His speech was heartfelt with gratitude overflowing for Vijay and his family.
    06:38
    A group of sprightly young dancers performed a medley of Vijay’s songs intercut with dialogs by Vijay shown on the screen behind. Innovative idea, eye-catching too! Special thanks to the choreographer Sridhar. Needless to add, the hall echoed with the roar of Vijay fans when his dialogs came up.
    06:45
    Imman annachi was then invited to perform a small skit. He called on to the stage a group of boys and asked them to sing our ‘Thamizh thaai vaazhthu’. For those who plead ignorance, it is the official song of Tamil Nadu Govt and was composed by the music legend Shri M.S.Viswanathan. This was a good satire on how the present crop of youngsters is unaware of this song or the lyrics. The day being Friendship day added to the sentiments attached to the occasion. I must also compliment Vijay who in his speech later mentioned Imman’s skit and said he doesn’t fully agree that the youngsters of today are oblivious to values and tradition.
    06:56
    A video of Hansika was screened. Every member of the cast was introduced in this novel manner. The video presented the artiste to the audience with clippings and words of praise (voice over) and was like a commercial, signing off with ‘presented by SKT studios’. Of course her striking resemblance to Khushboo was emphasized.
    06:59
    Hansika walked on to the stage with a big round of applause. After a few lines in Tamil she spoke in English thanking everyone.
    7:02
    The tall imposing figure of K.S.Ravikumar gained the attention of the audience (im)patiently waiting for their young general Vijay to speak. He specifically mentioned the endearing way Vijay welcomed him and how he hasn’t changed one bit from the Vijay of the 90s. When he said “No one hates Vijay, even his enemies like him and that is only because of his hard work”, the hall reverberated in joy again.
    07:07
    Dancers came on to the stage and energetically tapped their feet to the 1stsong of the album Sotta vaalu (sung by Shankar Mahadevan and Manasi)
    07:11
    S.J.Suryah who made the cup of joy brim and overflow to Vijay fans world over with his ‘Kushi’ spoke a few words. What stayed in my mind was his re-affirmation “Vijay is synonymous to the word gratitude”. He also said “After superstar, Vijay is one actor known for his simplicity. He stayed in a small room with minimum comforts for almost a month in Thalakonam to shoot this film, such is his dedication and diligence”.
    07:17
    Anjana then invited the man who introduced Vijay to the world as hero. Shri S.A.Chandrasekhar, his dad. While his dad was thanking all the directors who made his son’s journey a memorable one, the crowd went frenzy chanting “Gilli...Gilli” which later Dharani when called to speak said he was overwhelmed that even after so many years (11 to be exact) his film is in the minds of the viewers. When Mr Chandrasekar mentioned A.R.Murugadoss, for his box office hit ‘Thuppakki’ the roar amplified even more from the ardent fans. SAC was definitely the proudest dad ever on this occasion.
    07:29
    Shri Thambi Ramaiah spoke in praise of Vijay’s humility followed by a video on Shruti Hassan.
    07:36
    Shruti spoke capturing the audience in style with her fluent Tamil and the refined way she carries herself. She said, after hearing Vijay sing, she felt she couldn’t hold a candle to him. That’s mighty sweet of her, I must say, to acknowledge this in such a huge gathering without any ego or hang-ups.
    07:42
    Yaendi yaendi song was then performed on stage. This is the USP of this album, not only because it is sung by Vijay but it’s an easily hummable melody even by bathroom singers.
    7:48
    A special video on the star of the show, music director Devi Sri Prasad, who was also celebrating his birthday. This was a promo song and much to the surprise of all gathered there
    Vijay at the end of the song, gestured ‘repeat’ with his endearing smile.
    7:53
    Director Perarasu spoke of how Vijay has lent his moral support to help hero Simbu release his ‘Vaalu’ which is commendable indeed. He also stated that Vijay is a pet son in every household. And that if there is one person he respects more than his own parents, then that is Vijay!
    8:08
    What I loved about this whole evening, the adulation and fanfare aside, was hero Jiiva’s request to NOT fight online in social media sites.“Tamil is our bond and we are all Tamilians and let’s not forget that”. This is the most sensible advice one could have given ever! Jiiva, hat’s off!
    8:15
    Producer Kalaipuli Thanu congratulated Vijay and wished ‘Puli’ rip-roaring success.
    The highlight of the evening was actor, director, producer T.Rajendar fondly called T.R, who wears many hats and is Simbu’s dad. He went into raptures in his alliteration mode nonstop. Translated in English, it went something like this: Vijay is awesome, amazing, alluring, charismatic, captivating. His ‘Puli’ will roar, rise and shine, resonate. He is the epitome of goodness, golden heart, gem most precious. He piled rhyming words one after the other, that an embarrassed Vijay rushed up to the stage and thanked him, asking him to stop. The crowd went over the moon, bringing smiles to even the most sober people who were trying to maintain a sense of detachment!
    Point to be noted, T.R said ‘even though my son is a fan of another star, Vijay came forward to help my son release his film as a friend. He is a Thamizhan’.
    Pat on your back, Vijay Sethupathi! He had the presence of mind to walk up to the stage and say “After T.R sir’s garland of eulogy I should quietly zip my lips” and wished the team name and fame.
    Shri Vairamuthu specifically said it is Vijay who has followed the path etched by yesteryear heroes like P.U.Chinnappa, K.R.Ramaswamy and in recent times Shri Kamal Hassan, singing for himself without the help of a playback singer.
    The darling of the crowd, Sridevi, svelte and slim, extremely graceful addressed the audience in excellent Tamil without a trace of any affected accent whatsoever. Organizers should be applauded for having flowerpots go up in sparkles on stage for this Tamil queen who is returning after 28 years to her mother’s lap!
    Director Chimbu Devan spoke to the point, simple, effective, introduced his team. He is a confident man who believes his work will speak for him!
    The hero who has won countless hearts, Vijay, came on to the stage finally. He is a man of few words. But today I think the words just flowed non-stop. Warm, sincere, heartfelt, from the atrium of his heart. What I like about him is he is not embarrassed or scared to say he doesn’t know. That’s a big deal for someone who has this kind of fan following. When he said nowadays there are so many promos in the name of teaser, trailer etc it was an endearing acceptance on his part about not knowing the nitty-gritty of today’s online world or the modus operandi. And for what joy, those 2 minutes of fame of leaking shots or information about a film when trust is the key word? Well said, indeed. He spoke spontaneously and touched many a heart.
    As DSP rightly said, he replies to text messages or phone calls within half hour, at the latest. No airs and graces at all. Shows he is one heaven of a genuine person at heart, though a man of fewest words!
    Here’s to ‘Puli’ making a deep impact in theatres worldwide and much later as keepsake memories in DVD / blu-ray format,
    Thanks a gallon for the patient read,
    Until my next TWR,
    With love
    rekhs
    http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...uth-roars.html

5. Likes Dammy R liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those who mock his looks/color better watch the video. You guys made him determined to come all this way. Thank you all. Give him more .

Senior Member Regular Hubber Mukzi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally in previous audio launch speeches..he seems a bit reserved..
    This time..i felt like seeing him in a different light..the mannerisms , the tone and elegance of speaking it so naturally is the Highlight.
    If she is not the one,Being Single is Aweosme!!

8. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it will be another good entertainer from Vijay !
    All the best !
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

13. Thanks Russellmvr, Dammy R thanked for this post
    Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 CRORES IS THE FIGURE FOR PULI !
    By Kaushik L M | Aug 04, 2015

Home > Tamil Movies > Tamil News Stories

The theatrical rights of the Telugu dubbed version of Puli have been bagged for a reported sum of 8 crores by SVR Media. This is being considered as a good figure for a Vijay film, by the Telugu trade.

Shoba of SVR Media had also attended the music release event of Puli on August 2nd. The same house had earlier released the Telugu dubbed version of Thuppakki as well and they are planning to give Puli a really wide release in the two Telugu states.

Post the success of the Telugu dubbed version of Jilla, the buzz on Puli has grown even bigger and with this being Sridevi's comeback in a straight South film, the buzz has been aided even more. The heroines, Shruti and Hansika, are also hot in the Telugu market.

The signs are good indeed!
    Last edited by Deepak7; 4th August 2015 at 06:05 PM.

15. Likes Dammy R liked this post