View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 231 of 296 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is bad negative reviews even from senior hubbers. Appove paattu latchnathulayae therinju pochu.
    Now even more worried on V59..cant trust Atlee jus by one movie. SJS vera appapo kanavula varaan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flash back part which was supposed to bring the emotions for revenge was removed to accommodate unnecessary songs and intro fight etc .... Seri ithoda naa nippatikiraen ...stomach burning ...looks like Vijay fans are more disappointed than other audience.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!!
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 2nd October 2015 at 02:12 AM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

5. Likes joe liked this post
    Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!!
    Mindset of kaththi is affecting even fans of vijay
    This is the only thing I am jealous of ajith even during his toughest time ajith fans stood withhim
    Vijay is badly missing those die hard fans his side
    Saw 2 times today night sangam fans enjoyed a lot
    Let collections speak

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maniram_1234 View Post
    This is the only thing I am jealous of ajith even during his toughest time ajith fans stood withhim
    Let collections speak
    Murugadas Vera level chimbu Vera

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let collections speak
    We understand that movies fail. Accepting when it fails and giving harsh yet constructive criticism is also part of a fan's job.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let collections speak
    Please! Vijay has achieved a level that there's no need for any unnecessary praises from mature fans. All top star's fans from what I know are providing appropriate feedback even if negative. That said, I hope the movie achieves some success with him trying out a different genre.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let collections speak
    Ithaiye than Surya Anjaan ku sonnaru, collections la oru matter ah enna

Apart from that, one must really commend Vijay for daring to tread into fantasy genre and place faith on a talented director like Chimbudevan. Sura, Jana mathiri oru typecast movie eduthu fail aagarathai vida ithu evvalavo mel(haven't seen the movie yet) Apart from that Chimbudevan should realise that he should've tried to fit Vijay for his story, like ARM did and not the other way around like that atm director did

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Expected one from chimbudevan....vijay should work with directors who controlls him...dont put entire blame on director, no director will tell hero to do tat kind of body language...dont know wat vijay thinking about himself and crores of fans...his biggest plus is his body language(up to ghilli) but after thirupachi and pokiri his body language in comedy scenes just puts me off...hope atlee is a sensible director and wont get convinced and gets the best out of vijay...i realised after every blockbuster vijay gives this kind of a shit...is it a deliberate choice..?
    Thalaivar should sit back and realise how big star he is and how much fans expecting from him and should understand taste of current generation audience

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big heroes lik vijay,vikram,suriya,dhanush should think about the fans and producers and try to give good movies consistently....ivunga padam pakarthuku new director movies pakalam...punthu vilayadranga...ithula fan fight vera who is best nu...looks so silly...
    Last edited by praboo; 2nd October 2015 at 11:59 AM.