View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%
Page 271 of 296 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2956

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    People say it is 120 crore budget or something. Where all the money had been spent?? Doing CG work or what?? The big budget is the one which makes things to get complicated. If it is 120-crore budget it should make at least 160-crore (lifetime gross) to break even or not?
    Even I heard the same but not sure how true is that...I feel to create a hype it was said but no one knows the real budget ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    2015 Top Aus Tamil Openers:

I - A$ 247,751 .

Puli - A$ 166,748

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    People say it is 120 crore budget or something. Where all the money had been spent?? Doing CG work or what?? The big budget is the one which makes things to get complicated. If it is 120-crore budget it should make at least 160-crore (lifetime gross) to break even or not?
    Do you really believe this 120 Cr Budget..Tamil Producers are clever enough not to spend more than 30-40 Crores, May be since it is VJ and additional CG...May be about 50-60 Cr...I may be wrong

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Do you really believe this 120 Cr Budget..Tamil Producers are clever enough not to spend more than 30-40 Crores, May be since it is VJ and additional CG...May be about 50-60 Cr...I may be wrong
    May be they pay "high interest" to the financiers about the same amount they spent!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the same

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illayathalapathy Vijay’s ‘Puli’ may have been getting mixed to negative reviews from critics and social media users, but the films seems to have caught the fancy of women and children , thus garnering a box office receipt of close to Rs. 50 crores in the opening weekend worldwide.

It is reported that in Chennai alone ‘Puli’ has collected close to Rs. 3crores in the first weekend while ‘Baahubali’ managed Rs.1.75crores and it remains to be seen whether the fantasy film will go on to make history like its predecessor.
    http://m.indiaglitz.com/illayathalap...ws-143822.html

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subject/ Story/ Screenplay and execution is very Important. Just because Its a Fantasy Genre does not make it any special. I assume that this is the fourth Movie for Chimbu under similar territory (Not the same Genre). With all due respect, The Movie had very few lively moments. I felt Vijay was Out of Place (Or rather the movie did not need VJ). I feel a Thupakki like different approach should be sufficient to please both his fans and General Audience
    Thupakki is once a life time movie...really amused how vj accepted a film which not even have a single mass scene( yes few mass dialogues thr) and how he selected chimbudevan(after IMSAI arasan all flops)which is huge huge risk and really a daring attempt...In fact sridevi has a better intro..

Post Thanks / Like
    When movie pre release business itself done for around 95 crs then how comes budget is 120 crs...its just said to create curiosity in which most of Tamil producers used to do tat...Even for Ai wen Oscar claiming huge budget Shankar cleared that its well below hundred crores... I think one safe thing for vj is all the distributors except chennai/nsc are regularly releasing vj films and have a good rapport with vijay..one more thing is like jilla tn distribution price should have been revised after rejection of tax exemption

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    It's so true bro...but I think if film had been released as per schedule the scenario would had been different ...seems last minute chaos on puli release in overseas screwed the collection ...this is what our rivals wanted to happen everywhere not only in USA /uk but unfortunately they could not do it...that's y it's collected 65crs overall ...
    yes bcz of early mor,mor and preview shows cancelled in oveeseas and a late release release in Ap/tg had cost them around ten crores..
    Last edited by praboo; 6th October 2015 at 05:44 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Release dates

1 October 2015

Running time
    154 minutes
    Country India
    Language Tamil
    Budget ₹118 crore (US$18 million)[1]
    Box office

₹32 crore (US$4.8 million)[2]
    Till 04 October 2015 (Tamilnadu)***

This is what wikipedia says. If it is not true, someone should go and get that fixed the "number" correctly.
    This is a very big world!