Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the movie.. Since I have not watched Dhrishyam, it looks like a new movie for me... Excellent script.. kamal lived as Suyambulingam...

Some of the scenes acting was top class. Climax one would be in memory for some more years.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trident Movies
    2 hrs ·

Trident Movies Lathif Ravi sir (NSC Distributor) - ‪#‎Papanasam‬ was released in 120 Screens, which is highest for Kamal sir movie & it is running houseful in all NSC theaters now. Massive Hit
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nuances karumam'laan venaam..ellam kamal padathukku idhu panrathu kevalam

cant understand what do you mean. should we accept it without even discussing? this is ridiculous. being a fan, i am at liberty to express my feelings about some excesses/shortcomings according to me. i dont care if that sounds karumam/kevalam to someone.

5. Likes vidyasakaran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Boss, you know how old is Joe and how big a fan he is of Shivaji Ganesan?
    boss..did you miss this lines "dont get me wrong here. im a fan too" ?
    what i meant was the period when the movie taking place couldnt be correlated with his adopting SG mannerism in 2014. thats all. hope some one will understand what i meant.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you suggesting that there are no verithanamaana Sivaji fans aged 40 in 2014?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    nuances karumam'laan venaam..ellam kamal padathukku idhu panrathu kevalam

cant understand what do you mean. should we accept it without even discussing? this is ridiculous. being a fan, i am at liberty to express my feelings about some excesses/shortcomings according to me. i dont care if that sounds karumam/kevalam to someone.
    Sir,We can do that for kamal owned scripts like UV,VR,10A,Virumaandi,heyram but not for other scripted movies meant for purely commercial cinema..that too for remakes which has been done in all languages..purely personal but ok you can continue..nothing wrong,i will take my words for your post..sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    மதுரையில் பாபநாசம் 6 திரை அரங்குகளில் ரிலீஸாகி இருக்கிற்து(விஜய்,அஜித் படங்கள் எல்லாம் 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் தான் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும்).டிக்கட் விலை 120. அதுவும் 2 மாத இடை வெளியில் படம் வெளி வந்து இருக்கிறது.கமலின் சம்பளம் தவிர்த்து படத்தின் பட்ஜெட் 5 கோடி இருக்குமா?

4 வருடங்களுக்கு ஒரு படம் வெளியிடும் ரஜினி படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். 100 கோடி செலவு பண்ணி எடுத்த ஐ படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். அஜித், விஜய் படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான்.
    Raaja sir - Its a low budget movie and read that it was in the order of 20c. Not sure if his salary was in that nor not .. yet is still low. We're looking at a BB in the horizon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal Haasan’s Papanasam Poised To Rewrite Boxoffice History

by Subhash K Jha

Writer-director Jeetu Joseph’s Papanasam has opened to an overwhelming boxoffice ovation. The mighty Kamal Haasan who plays the central character of a father avenging his daughter’s violation is feeling vindicated.

“I think this is vindication of what happened to my film Mahanadi in 1994. If you remember I played aggrieved father in search of his missing daughter in that film when I was not even 40. For all the praise that Mahanadi got it didn’t get the success it deserves.Papanasam is like making up for lost time. I feel today the audience is far more equipped to understand what we’re trying to say about the nucleus family than back than when I did Mahanadi.”

And to think that the role in Papanasam was offered to Rajnikanth first!

“It was offered to practically every prominent actor in Chennai by the producer. Only the director Jeetu Joseph stood by me. He was sure that if the film was to be made in Tamil it had to be with me in the lead I hope I’ve lived up to his expectations,” confesses Kamalji.

Kamalji says he brought in subtle political nuances while playing this semi-illiterate villager who goes all-out to protect his family from powerful forces. “From my body language and the pictures that are hung on his home’s wall, you can tell the caste and political leanings of my character. Even the language I speak is very colloquial.”

Lamentably the flavour and nuances in the method actor’s speech are lost in translation.

Papanasam is a very special film for Kamalji. It brought his better-half back, “The reason why we look like a real family in Papanasam is because we are family. We aren’t faking it. It’s not about Gauthamiji being my real-life soul mate or my having two daughters in real life. Even if I had one or four daughters I’d feel the same way as my character in the film.”

Post Thanks / Like
    usv..we are basking in BB glory of this epic movie. we will celebrate that. but pl continue discussing the movie, kh fans do that unlike other's fans. thats our strength (and sometimes weakness too as many of us will not support meaningless masala movies of kh)
    no offence taken

Post Thanks / Like
    "Are you suggesting that there are no verithanamaana Sivaji fans aged 40 in 2014"

i dont think so Nov. i love (many of) his movies but i would most certainly not put the bellbottom worn by him or adopt his hairstyle or walk in his style ala enna nadai enna nadai..i can keep digressing. those days are over. thats why i felt as such. he uses his sentiments of SG in this movie thats his tribute but it doesnt blend with the period depicted in the movie. it seems to be not very glaring timeline mistake as im the only one here feeling that way