Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    [color=blue]உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை. சுயம்புலிங்கம் - ராணி குடும்பம், ஆஷா சரத்- ஆனந்த் மகாதேவன் குடும்பம் என தனித்தனியே ஒருசில மெலடிகளை அமைத்து அதை படம் முழுதும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்திருந்தால் அதன் வீச்சே வேறுமாதிரி இருந்திருக்கும்.
    :
    There's no doubt Ilayaraja would have created magic. But I disagree with your views on Ghibran. He has given his best, and is easily the best among the current crop. The BGM tracks are on loop in my car audio. His usage of violin gives a feeling that he's the next best to Ilayaraja, as far as this move is concerned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    4/5

Script-wise, there are no major changes save for the fact that the protoganist Suyambulingam (Kamal Haasan) is a markedly different character from that of the original's George Kutty. Mohanlal nicely underplayed the role and gave us the impression of a man who was confident of winning the cat-and-mouse game he was playing with the cops, Kamal Haasan makes the character more emotional and we see a man who cannot afford to lose. This approach makes Suyambulingam one among us, so in addition to caring for the character, we begin to see every problem that he encounters as our own.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainm...w/47933927.cms

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    all shows are almost houseful today (Only from 11:30 shows are shown now) in Mayajaal, SPI Cinemas, AGS etc... thaaru maaru booking across..
    You are right. I just checked randomly and the mayajaal booking is phenomenal. Whenever, any big movie releases I used check the booking sites to know the BO status. I never seen so much booking in Mayajaal. They used to have too many shows but at times I used to see only the 4 or 5 seats are booked in some odd time shows. Here, it shows only 5 seats vacant for most shows and others only 1 or 2 seats remaining.

I booked Thursday morning for a Saturday show in one Bangalore Multiplex near to my home. That was my original plan. I couldn't resist temptation after seeing the middle east premier reviews, went yesterday FDFS. The point is when I booked in Thursday only 7 tickets booked prior to me of the capacity of around 120 seat hall. Thursday night around 20 seats booked and I felt bad. The last thing I want to have is seeing a Kamal movie in a theatre with less people. My daughter will make fun of me. Yesterday night checked found 50% full. Now, only 10 or 15 seats remaining for 6:15 show. Now, it's safe. It's nothing to do with legend like Kamal struggling to draw people to theatres. Now a days, they are bombarding with so many shows. It's tough to fill the shows. For Papanasam, I didn't expect such a massive release with no hype at all. Not much advertisement. Release wise, it's equivalent to mighty Viswaroopam but very much greater than UV.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

வீழ்வேன் என்று நினைத்தாயோ..?! Kamal Haasan Papanasam FDFS Fans Celebrations at Albert Theatre

haha..ha....'than maana tamil than kadamaiyya sevvana senjanda!!'

going to watch today..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saai ,booked for Tmr noon

Post Thanks / Like
    Singapore booking is rocking now

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems word of mouth working .. Postive responses and recommendations from all quaters.
    Booking in 4 GV screens in singapore is picked up like rocket.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=blue]

உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை. சுயம்புலிங்கம் - ராணி குடும்பம், ஆஷா சரத்- ஆனந்த் மகாதேவன் குடும்பம் என தனித்தனியே ஒருசில மெலடிகளை அமைத்து அதை படம் முழுதும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்திருந்தால் அதன் வீச்சே வேறுமாதிரி இருந்திருக்கும்.

Venk, Got to disagree with this. Ghibran's inclusion has already been vindicated through his efforts in Uttama Villain. This is just an addition to that. Though I am not a huge fan of the OSTs releasing before the movie as I also would like to hear them along with the video, his work in both films worked for me. Illayaraja arguably would have done a better job. But you cannot find fault in Kamal Haasan for offering an opportunity for a fledgling music director.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை.

I (along with so many old time hubbers) have been saying this about Kamal's films since the times of 'Dasavatharam' (just imagine the theme for each of the 10 characters that IR would have given!) - having said that, Kamal is doing the rounds with DSP, SEL, Ghibran et al for some reasons - its not fair to expect Ghibran's score making to match that of IR - IR is peerless in every aspect of scoring to a film's script demands - having said that, Ghibran seems far more knowledgeable about scoring than his contemporaries (Santhosh Narayanan may be an exception - haven't heard his scores other than his song tracks which are very fresh and good) - furthermore, Ghibran's choice is a politically correct move - we will see whom Kamal chooses for the film after Thoongavanam...
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost