Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    "உங்களுக்கு கேவியஸ் காப்பஸ் தெரியுமா?"

"ஏய் ..கடப்படறத்துக்காரங்க பேரு மாரில்லா இருக்கு ..யாரது"

- ultimate one from Jayamohan
    I busted out laughing for this in Theater.. my wife was saying - podhum nirutthunga,, ellaarum ungalayae paakkuranga..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber vidyasakaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cinemarasigan View Post
    பிற்போக்கு சிந்தனை! போட்டானே ஒரு போடு! :d

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone make any connection with the BGM to Game of Thrones title music right after Varun got hit? The part between after he got hit and when the daughter takes her first strike at the phone. This was all in slowmotion. Something made me connect both for some reason.

The movie was brilliant. The first 45 minutes was slow and relaxed and I guess that is needed to establish the type of character Syambulingam is and how he treats family. But after that point, it just steamrolls ahead to that beautiful ending. Kamal was extraordinary, especially in that final scene when he explains to Varun's parents what happened. The trembling, the body language, the eyes, they were all spot on perfect. I had goosebumps watching that scene. Although I had never watched the original, I am sure Mohanlal brought his own trademark into that movie as well. Overally, I enjoyed this so much more than KH's last venture.
    Last edited by Shanker; 7th July 2015 at 03:53 PM.

5. Likes Cinemarasigan liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஆனை பாதையிலே வாழை போட்டா அது வந்து திங்காம கூட வந்து விவசாயமடே பார்க்கும்... :d:
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For some reasons Cineworld Cinemas had more shows for UV than "papanasam", was really looking forward to watching it on big screen, but late night shows are making it difficult that too on working days ! , hope they do not do that for Viswa2 !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure y 21 screens only, actual screen around 80

Tamil film "Papanasam" has done fantastic collection and has topped the business chart in Malaysia as it did not have any competitor there. The Kamal Haasan starrer has collected MYR 233,178 (₹39.15 lakh) from 21 screens at the Malaysia box office in its opening weekend.
    #UttamaVillain#

Post Thanks / Like
    'Vishwaroopam 2' will showcase my range as actor: Ananth Mahadevan
    IANS | Chennai Jul 07, 2015 03:26 PM IST

Actor-filmmaker Ananth Mahadevan, whose performance in Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil drama "Papanasam" impressed critics and audiences alike, says his role in upcoming thriller "Vishwaroopam 2" will prove his versatility.

"Post the release of 'Papanasam', everybody has been asking me if I'll do more Tamil films. I'd love to but I'm eagerly looking forward to the release of 'Vishwaroopam 2', in which I play a character with grey shades. It will showcase my range as an actor," Mahadevan told IANS.

"These two roles are two extremes. In 'Vishwaroopam 2', I play a sly, conniving bureaucrat, whereas in 'Papanasam', I'm the father who doesn't know where to look for his missing son. I want audiences to see the different kind of roles I can portray," he said.

Known for his work predominantly in Bollywood, Ananth thanks Kamal for introducing him in southern cinema.

"Kamal is totally responsible for this. Post 'Vishwaroopam 2', he had even offered me a role in 'Uttama Villain', which I couldn't take up because I was busy with another project. And even when 'Papanasam' was offered, I was busy but they were kind enough to adjust the dates for me," he said.

Though "Vishwaroopam 2" was his southern debut, Ananth almost did Mani Ratnam's "Thiruda Thiruda".

"I was signed for the project. They even got my costumes ready, but I don't know why I was replaced by S.P. Balasubrahmanyam at the last minute. Since then, whenever I've met Ratnam, I assured him I'm not a bad actor. I hope he watches 'Papanasam'," he said.

His performance in Jeethu Joseph-directed "Papanasam", a remake of Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam", has been getting rave reviews.

Some even said he matched Kamal's performance in the climax, which has won Ananth a lot of appreciation from Tamil audiences on social media.

"I'd be lying if I say I'm not on cloud nine. I worked extremely hard for that scene and started preparing my lines even before we started shooting," said Ananth, who doesn't like to be prompted dialogues on sets.

"I was hell bent that I'd not take prompting on the sets. In fact, when my co-stars were being prompted by the assistant directors, I was very disturbed because it was eating into my concentration and focus. Prompting is like going to a church where you're made to repeat everything the pastor says," he said.

But Ananth doesn't like to take full credit for the climax scene and says it was a collaborative effort with Kamal.

"Having an actor like Kamal Haasan in front, emoting in front of him actually helped me. We mutually helped each other to get the best out of us for the scene. If people have felt both matched each other's performance, I think it's because of the wavelength we share," he said.

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...0700630_1.html
    #UttamaVillain#

10. Likes romio liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber romio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    offtopic but intresting - list of some Lalettan Hits in other languages http://www.plumeriamovies.com/list-o...hanlal-movies/
    ||Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham ||

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_gt View Post
    Not sure y 21 screens only, actual screen around 80

Tamil film "Papanasam" has done fantastic collection and has topped the business chart in Malaysia as it did not have any competitor there. The Kamal Haasan starrer has collected MYR 233,178 (₹39.15 lakh) from 21 screens at the Malaysia box office in its opening weekend.
    as always, only GSC and TGV account for the BO. LFS and others do not reveal.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    as always, only GSC and TGV account for the BO. LFS and others do not reveal.
    ooh dint know about that.. LFS
    #UttamaVillain#