Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would not want to dissect the movie in detail at this point for the benefits of hubbers who have not seen it. Its hardly the first weekend since its release.

Police brutality shown was realistic even if it made viewers flinch. They can do worse things ... Jeethu Joseph was quite particular about it. The viewers next me (not known to me) expressed : "Idhu ellam nejama parkara-maadhiri irrukku, padam maari illa".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahanadhi and Kuruthipunal are more brutal than this.

4. Thanks Russellvzp thanked for this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    i dont think so Nov. i love (many of) his movies but i would most certainly not put the bellbottom worn by him or adopt his hairstyle or walk in his style ala enna nadai enna nadai..
    But that's you.
    Reminds me of people criticising Gautam for showing Surya going to US in pursuit of a girl - saying people just don't do that.
    Gautam just told them off, saying HE did it... and after that all criticism ended.

People tend to judge based on their experiences, but reality is much wider than that.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    But that's you.
    Reminds me of people criticising Gautam for showing Surya going to US in pursuit of a girl - saying people just don't do that.
    Gautam just told them off, saying HE did it... and after that all criticism ended.

People tend to judge based on their experiences, but reality is much wider than that.
    During my school days, there were many Sivaji fans than the Rajini and Kamal fans put together. Even, they used to treat us you kids go and play somewhere whenever there is an argument. By that time, MGR stopped acting. Even though, I am a kamal fan, I have more knowledge on Sivaji movies especially bigger ones like Sivantha Mann, Pattikada Pattanama, Vasantha Maligai and Trisulam than Kamal films which released during 70s. Most of the sivaji films, I saw were second or third or nth release in my place. They used to run better than Rajini and Kamal films at times. Please don't underestimate the influence of Shivaji on 2 or 3 generations of film goers.

7. Thanks NOV, RAGHAVENDRA thanked for this post
    Likes NOV, RAGHAVENDRA liked this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can safely say that all my children have nothing but great admiration for Sivaji and accept him as the encyclopaedia of Tamils films.
    They have even cried watching his films.
    So yes, do not underestimate the influence of Sivaji on younger audiences.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

9. Thanks RAGHAVENDRA thanked for this post
    Likes RAGHAVENDRA liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அதானே ! நாங்களும் ரவுடிதான்வே.

பாசமலர் படத்துக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே

11. Likes RAGHAVENDRA liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    my dig:
    1. why should the interrogation scene be that gore? some children were closing their eyes during breaking of fingers scene. why??? any kind violence against women/children is despicable whether in real life or reel life. in drishyam it was mild. (read trisha has prosthetic makeup in TV..fearing how much violence would be shown there)
    2. protagonist is again and again shown as ardent fan of SG, he even makes up his hairstyle like him. any SG fan should be around 60-70 years today. (dont get me wrong here. im a fan too, but to dress like his movie character should only happen to those fans who were young and admiring his current movies at those periods) but the movie happens in 2014 (anjaan). this was not logically correct. instead he should have been shown as RK fan (if he could digest that scenario!)
    Hi UV. Regarding the first point, it's true that the violence was slightly amped up in the Tamil version compared to the original. Kamal Haasan loves to get bruised up pretty bad on screen and this is seen as a common thing in almost all of his movies. Probably he feels it's his way of registering the impact onto the viewer. However I feel this cannot held as a reason to nitpick at the movie.
    Secondly, Suyambu Lingam being an ardent Shivaji fan and the family watching Anjaan are all peripheral issues here. It talks about how water tight the movie is since these are the only so called flaws that people could get a hand onto. To be frank, I don't even consider the former to be a flaw at all.
    Intha alavukku yosika theva illannu thonuthu. The movie's extremely well made. No scene is wasted and almost each one in the first half serves as a red herring for things to unfold in the second. Having watched the original I for one am extremely delighted that this was made in Tamizh. Any good actor could have made the character of the father work, but Kamal takes it to another planet.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

13. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched and loved it..thoroughly enjoyed a kamal film after a long time..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    TamilBoxOffice1.com ‏@TamilBoxOffice1 12m12 minutes ago
    #Papanasam USA+CAN

Prem : $33,283
    Fri : $76,803
    Sun : $72,010

Total : $182,096

Hopefully it picks up
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed watching a Kamalhassan movie after a long long time.... Despite having watched Drishyam, I enjoyed the movie... Kamal added another dimension to the character and I liked the pavanasam slang and attitude displayed throughout by all the characters...I felt Meena should have been retained / Gautami did an okay job but the rest of my family felt she was suited the role.. A good, neat, well made film...I did not notice the BGM much... it didn't disturb the flow and so I guess it was good..

40 year olds being Shivaji fans is not such an oddity.... I know enough to distinguish between Paalum Pazhamum and Dr.Siva hairstyles.. Nadigar thilagam did set many fashion trends those days... remember the shirt in pudhiya paravai !!!

17. Likes RAGHAVENDRA liked this post