Post Thanks / Like
    oh
    Sorry SS ! Now, I remember reading it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    May be...just may be....
    They will be re-making Thalapathy itself!

Since the re-make fever is everywhere...why not Rajni+MR?

It will be cool to watch Thalapathy with ARR's music though!

What do you guys think!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    united...

idhellaam romba too much...
    epdiyum padam odum'na enna vena seiveengalaa...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday, August 9, 2007
    Me, Music and 'The Maestro'

I am really puzzled how i am gonna search for words to describe a wonderful tale of triumph and that too by a fellow Tamilian. Yet I leave all those worries with the almighty and try my best to pen this down.
    Flashback:
    The year is 1991 and the day was very special to me. My favourite music director Ilaiyaraja's Thalapathi album is releasing today. Its so special for another reason too. The film is directed by my favourite film director Maniratnam. I am following the duo's movies from the days of Agni Nakshathiram. What a perfect combination? The masterpieces of Ilaiyaraja canned by the genius of Maniratnam. What more can a movie buff expect? Ok..Lets come back to the scenario. I was in the music shop at 10 am in the morning with a neighbour of mine. He was also a HC Raja fan. When we got the cassette in our hand, we couldnt hide our emotions. A film which has names like Raja, Rajni and Maniratnam and I have the movie's soundtrack in my hands. We pedalled the cycle as fast as we could and reached home in 10 minutes. The first track was 'Rakkamma kaiya thattu' and it was a completely different orchestration at that time and it was very different from the previous Raja numbers. I liked the freshness in the songs. It also had some other mindblowing songs like Chinna Thaayaval, Putham pudhu poo, Sundhari and kaatukuyil. As expected the album was a huge hit among the masses. I remember all the Tamil Magazines praising Raja for the splendid work he had done with Thalapathi. I was boasting with my friends.."Ilaiyarajava adikkiradhukku oruththan porandhuthaanya varanum...."
    The year is 1992. I read in a magazine that Maniratnam was going to make a film for Kavithalaya with newcomers in the lead. I wondered what Maniratnam is going to do with newcomers in the lead because all his previous films had stars in the cast like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu, Karthik, etc. Still I had a strong faith that Ilaiyaraja would save the movie with his numbers. Finally one day Mani announced the movie titled 'Roja' with Arvindswamy (Known as the leo coffee model those days) and Madhubala. However no one knew about the crew though. Nobody managed to find it too because everybody expected the same team of Ilaiyaraja and P.C Sriram to assist Mani.
    One fine day I heard a rumour that the film's music is being composed by a new one. "Oh god..Dont make this happen..Maniratnathukku arivae illaya? If this happens, i am not going to watch Maniratnam movies in my life again". I became curious to know about the crew and started inquiring about this with all my friends. But..Alas..Nobody knew about this. Ok..I will wait till the official announcement.
    Few months after that I was reading a magazine and in one page there was an ad for K.Balachander's next directorial venture 'Jaadhimalli'. I was casually seeing the ad and in the bottom portion of the ad there was a 'coming soon' ad for 'Roja'. Seeing this my eyes lit up. I was literally scanning the ad..Direction: Maniratnam...Produced by: Rajam Balachander, Pushpa Kandhaswamy.. Music: Oh..My god..Its not Ilaiyaraja...Its by some Rahman..Sob..sob..
    I immediately thought.."Kadavulae..Indha padam odavae koodathu.."
    (To be continued..)

superb ajay!!!simple and powerfull
    waiting 4 part2
    source:ajaybaskar.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am just waiting to read how he accepted the album from ARR. i know it shouldve been very hard.
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anand. Was busy for the last 2 weeks. Will certainly continue with that this week..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey man, plz don't make me wait like a ARR albems, plz write today plzzzz ya.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Thanks Anand. Was busy for the last 2 weeks. Will certainly continue with that this week..
    anne, athu neenga thaana
    hmm. even I am planning to write something about 15 years of ARR. time kedaikala

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ajay...
    come on... its very interesting to read...
    awaitin for your furhter episodes...

and the magic here is, arr, other than making everyone to sing and dance, he is making people to write also... or he is the inspiration for such writers i could say...

hail the creator...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ajay anna

selva anna rite fast