Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: India in England - 2014

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after biggies retirement, our batting unit looks confident in overseas. We have seen this SA and Newzeland. This team will not face a colossal failures like what we used to see in Pre Ganguly era but either will not win matches like Gaguly/Dravid/Kumble. Lack of pro activeness, interest and tactics are the main reasons. They are to be sorted out by none other than Captain. High time not to take test matches as easy as shorter versions. I wish to see different Dhoni in coming days.

When he says irresponsible answers like "Stuart Binny is someone who can really contribute for us in the future" he seems to have no idea about pitch, conditions, team selection and strategies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with MS is that he has the same kind of approach to all formats. One example is the usage of Jadeja. Jaddu will automatically fit in the T20 and ODI sides but definitely not the test side. A genuine spinner should've come in, which I believe was the turning point. I don't think Dhoni being defensive was an issue at all.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanthitv ‏@thanthitv 20m
    ரவீந்திர ஜடேஜாவை திட்டியதாக புகார்: ஆண்டர்சனுக்கு தடை விதிக்கப்படுமா?#RavindraJadeja #JimmyAnderson #cricket

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    Cook's captaincy isn't a benchmark. Cook is as bad as Dhoni, if not worse, when it comes to defensive captaincy. How many times have we seen this? Slipping from an easy win to a draw or loss? From the top of my head, 1) Kallis and Boucher denying us a series win in SA, 2) Broad in Trent Bridge test last tour and 3) BMac scoring a 300+ when it looked like we would win in a canter.

I have always seen Dhoni letting the game out of our grasp, when things doesn't go in his way. He just waits for things to happen. We have been winning test series on the back of our batting might. Once our batting stalwarts lost form/stopped playing, Dhoni has got nowhere to hide.
    Agreed with SA. But I dont think much could have been done here.I saw the match every ball. Ishant got tired with long spells. Pitch assisted something in morning and later evening, but afternoon sessions it was like a mosaic track.

My point was anderson and broad are world class bowlers right? Forget captain here. Bhuvi and shami are too good in batting in front of anderson? That too bhuvi both innings 50!
    Last edited by Deepak7; 16th July 2014 at 07:39 PM.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post

When he says irresponsible answers like "Stuart Binny is someone who can really contribute for us in the future" he seems to have no idea about pitch, conditions, team selection and strategies.
    S Binny bad choice? Lets speak after matches in typical English conditions

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1023182

இங்கிலாந்து அணி மீது தோனி குற்றச்சாட்டு

லண்டன்: கிரிக்கெட் விளையாட்டின் ஆன்மாவை இங்கிலாந்து அணி சிதைத்து விட்டதாக, இந்திய கிரிக்கெட் அணியின் கேப்டன் தோனி குற்றம் சாட்டியுள்ளார். இது தொடர்பாக ஆன்டர்சனின் மன்னிப்பை ஏற்க மறுத்துள்ள தோனி, ஜடேஜாவை தாக்கியதன் மூலம் கிரிக்கெட் விளையாட்டின் ஆன்மாவை இங்கிலாந்து அணி சிதைத்து விட்டதாக, குற்றம் சாட்டியுள்ளார்.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    The problem with MS is that he has the same kind of approach to all formats. One example is the usage of Jadeja. Jaddu will automatically fit in the T20 and ODI sides but definitely not the test side. A genuine spinner should've come in, which I believe was the turning point. I don't think Dhoni being defensive was an issue at all.
    I damn sure that he will not change the playing XI

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    Agreed with SA. But I dont think much could have been done here.I saw the match every ball. Ishant got tired with long spells. Pitch assisted something in morning and later evening, but afternoon sessions it was like a mosaic track.

My point was anderson and broad are world class bowlers right? Forget captain here. Bhuvi and shami are too good in batting in front of anderson? That too bhuvi both innings 50!
    Why was Ishant tired? It's because we selected 3 bowlers and 2 bits and pieces players. Whose fault was that? Whatever the conditions, Anderson had no business scoring 81 and involving in a 198 run partnership? I still can't digest that.

Also, I don't really consider Anderson and Broad as that good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anderson to Vijay, no run, huge movement there, almost a legspin type delivery, angles in, hits the seam and jags sharply away, Vijay ends up playing inside the line, way inside the line

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    S Binny bad choice? Lets speak after matches in typical English conditions
    I asked what's the use of taking him in flat pitch if he can be fruitful only in green pitches / or in future games.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast