2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ada seigh..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a fb page called Srini Mama

The most exciting passage in today's play was not on pitch, but in the commentary box.

Harsha: Alright Rahul! You've been doing some impish calculations checking up some numbers!

Rahul: I was just trying to figure out the numbers of overs I gave to Ganguly and Sachin, as captain! Maybe, underbowled Ganguly there and Sachin had more test wickets.

Sourav: Yes he always did that!

Harsha: Sachin had more test wickets than Ganguly? (Naradhar tone)

Sourav: Sachin bowled half of his overs in India.

Harsha: I like the way you are sticking to your territory

Sourav: Imagine Day 5 pitches in India in those dustbowls! So he had more going for him than me. Wish I knew how to bowl spin .

EVERYONE LAUGHS!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    They dig up the numbers

In 2007:

Sachin: 38 overs, 1 wicket: 4 Economy
    Ganguly: 28 overs, 2 wickets: 2.3 Economy
    -------------------------------------------------------

Sourav: Those were on flat batting pitches. Look at the economy at which I have bowled! You need some skill to do that.

Rahul: Sanjay said that, if Sourav was a yard faster & a little bit fitter, he would have been a match winner with the ball.

Sourav: I wish I was the Prime Minister for India. I would have done much more.

Harsha: This is some serious sledging. Ah come on Rahul, don't be a good boy here!

Sourav: In the Trent Bridge test in 2007, a famous Indian win, at a point in time, England were going in at 6 runs per over. Ask Rahul, whom did he fall back to?

Harsha chuckles

Rahul: I am not denying that, absolutely not! I just made the point that if Sourav didn't get tired after 5 to 6 overs, I would have made him bowl longer spells.

Harsha & Rahul chuckle together!

Sourav: I would request the production team to check my spell in that match and do the judgemet here.

Rahul: And the speeds as well!

Sourav: 10 overs on the trot. 1 for 15. (Rahul and Harsha keep laughing)

Sourav: I have seen biased people! But not as much!

Harsha: One thing is for sure Rahul! He knows his numbers.

Rahul: I have never doubted that!

Sourav: Must have been happy that he had a player with intensity in his team. Player who cared for numbers, cared for the game.

HB: I get the fact why he under bowled you now Sourav! When you were the captain, you made him keep wickets!

Rahul laughs and says stop it Harsh!

Sourav: More than me the team needed that. And we were a better team after that. Meanwhile, here we are, still struggling to pick that final wicket. 461/9.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a fanstastic and memorable innings from bhuvi .. 2 - 50's and 1 - 5 wkt haul rare in test history

binny way to go fantastic debut
    Last edited by Mani84; 14th July 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    From a fb page called Srini Mama
    One more from the same page:

Nasser Hussain : Wen can i see India playing in a football world cup ? *giggles *
    Harsha bhogle : Its better not to participate rather than getting knocked out in the first round
    Ganguly : If India had played world cup football for 50 years then they would have qualified for the finals at least once unlike England
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    One more from the same page:

Nasser Hussain : Wen can i see India playing in a football world cup ? *giggles *
    Harsha bhogle : Its better not to participate rather than getting knocked out in the first round
    Ganguly : If India had played world cup football for 50 years then they would have qualified for the finals at least once unlike England
    Mass reply from Dada

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Dhoni, do something or step down from test captaincy !!! I know you dont have good bowlers but allowing Anderson to get man of the match for his batting skill is nothing but shame. I dont know whether you are defensive or not, but if a team has been losing matches from good position then it has to be something wrong with captain. First SA, then NZ and now in England.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoni
    When asked if it was a big disappointment that from a winning position on day three, India went on to rely on Nos 7 and 8 to save the match, Dhoni said: "That's a part and parcel of the game, and it doesn't really matter who has scored runs or taken wickets because at the end of the day it is a team game and you go with the strategy of winning the game. It doesn't really matter if No. 11 is scoring the runs or No. 7 is scoring the runs. Overall, it is important that we have put runs on the board, and we need to defend that. But plenty of positives we can take out of this game."
    Indha series la nambikkaiyae poiruchu .

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Come on Dhoni, do something or step down from test captaincy !!! I know you dont have good bowlers but allowing Anderson to get man of the match for his batting skill is nothing but shame. I dont know whether you are defensive or not, but if a team has been losing matches from good position then it has to be something wrong with captain. First SA, then NZ and now in England.
    How about bhuvi's 2 50's and shami's 50? Atleast anderson had root with him but bhuvi and shami partnership? England bowlers? World class bowlers? Home pitch? Cook captaincy?
    Bhuvi should have got the MOM
    Last edited by Deepak7; 15th July 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak7 View Post
    How about bhuvi's 2 50's and shami's 50? Atleast anderson had root with him but bhuvi and shami partnership? England bowlers? World class bowlers? Home pitch? Cook captaincy?
    Bhuvi should have got the MOM
    Cook's captaincy isn't a benchmark. Cook is as bad as Dhoni, if not worse, when it comes to defensive captaincy. How many times have we seen this? Slipping from an easy win to a draw or loss? From the top of my head, 1) Kallis and Boucher denying us a series win in SA, 2) Broad in Trent Bridge test last tour and 3) BMac scoring a 300+ when it looked like we would win in a canter.

I have always seen Dhoni letting the game out of our grasp, when things doesn't go in his way. He just waits for things to happen. We have been winning test series on the back of our batting might. Once our batting stalwarts lost form/stopped playing, Dhoni has got nowhere to hide.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast