Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Narain Karthikeyan in F1

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    it seems 17 is the favourite number for naren.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alonso led from the start to the finish&won yesterday's Grand Prix in style.Kimi who started from the 13th position on the grid finished second while Micheal finished third(incidentally his pole position too).

Infact the three podium winners in the race are also placed in the same order as far as the championship points are concerned.Alonso leads with 69 points with Kimi on 45&Micheal on 40.

For viewers accustomed in seeing a wave of Scarlet red in the stands,yesterday was a surprise as the Blue&Yellow of Renault surpassed the red of Ferrari.Is it a sign of things to come?Personally I hope not. [/list]

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Akash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    And Jordan is not Renault or Ferrari!
    But, Sumi's First Debu in F1 was with Jordan only!!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Narain does not belong to F1!
    Atleast his own team mate should be left behind, always, if you excuse his driving with having not a good car. He perhaps may be a good \"thEr\" ootti if there is a Formular ThEr.

From my point of view he is not fully concentrated while driving. He had a big chance to beat his mate and be always on the lead compared to his team mate but he is a poor pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini Vidi Vici
    Narain does not belong to F1!
    Atleast his own team mate should be left behind, always, if you excuse his driving with having not a good car. He perhaps may be a good \"thEr\" ootti if there is a Formular ThEr.

From my point of view he is not fully concentrated while driving. He had a big chance to beat his mate and be always on the lead compared to his team mate but he is a poor pilot.
    I totally agree.Narain has not got his priorities right.He must aim at finishing all his races that too higher compared to his team mate(in qualifying&end-of-race).He was doing that at the start of the season but along the way he has set his ambitions too high.he believes(rightly so)that he won't be a driver to reckon ,with Jordan&so is trying too much to impress the other, better teams.But he will only end up without a place in F1 next year.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though I am not indian I was and still happy to see the second indian in the F1 circus. The first is Schumis personal mental trainer and friend, I don't know his name. He decided to quit after this season.
    Anyway not to finish third in Indianapolis is like not knowing how to eat a mango.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan
    I totally agree.Narain has not got his priorities right.He must aim at finishing all his races that too higher compared to his team mate(in qualifying&end-of-race).He was doing that at the start of the season but along the way he has set his ambitions too high.he believes(rightly so)that he won't be a driver to reckon ,with Jordan&so is trying too much to impress the other, better teams.But he will only end up without a place in F1 next year.
    You have written what I wanted to.So I am not repeating it.

Yet there is one truth -All Indians try too hard and break down in the process since they are too ambitious[Particularly in sports-as they have the weight of a billion people on their shoulders]

Post Thanks / Like
    Juan pablo Montoya was the unexpected winner for Mclaren in yesterday's Grand Prix in Silverstone.Championship leader Alonso was second while Kimi(who for the second consecutive race had an engine change&lost 10 places on the grid)started from 12th&finished third.Fisichella who was all set for third place stalled a bit after his second pit-stop&so finished fourth.

Local favourite Jenson Button helped himself&BAR for their first points of the season finishing fifth.Micheal(who's has been having a disappointing season prompting all&sundry to not only predict his retirement at the end of this season but also make statements to the effect that Ferrari's domination has ended&they will not be contenders for a looooooong time)finished sixth&team mate Ruebens finished seventh.

After a forgettable first half this year,Montoya finally got things right.Starting from third position he had a roaring start&at the first corner overtook Alonso to become race leader.After that it was a cat&mouse game between him&Alonso but a fast car,good driving&an intelligent pit stop strategy saw him emerge winner.

Meanwhile Narain who started 17th developed electrical problems&retired.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what happened to BAR honda ??

Last year they were second in Manufacturers Champion ship,
    Is Button a Good Driver???

Renault, Toyota ahead of Honda is a bij joke

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Narain frustrated after British GP

July 11, 2005 11:14 IST

A frustrated Narain Karthikeyan rued his failure to make use of a "good start" at the British Grand Prix where he was done in by an electrical failure on the 11th lap.

"I had a very good start and overtook [Felipe] Massa but unfortunately he was able to repass me at Becketts," Karthikeyan said after the race which was won by Juan Pablo Montoya.

* Montoya wins British Grand Prix | Images

"However, I had a very good pace and I managed to run with the pack of Massa, [David] Coulthard and [Nick] Heidfeld. Unfortunately, shortly after, the car stopped apparently because of an electrical failure," the Jordan driver said.

Massa finished the race at the 10th place, Heidfeld 12th and Coulthard 13th.

"It is very frustrating, as it is the second weekend in a row that I am experiencing some problems with my car, although I managed to finish the race in Magny-Cours. It is really a pity as I was going very well all weekend."

Adrian Burgess, Jordan's Sporting Director, said though the Indian is doing a "fantastic" job, luck is not on his side.

"Poor Narain, again he did not have any luck in the race. As always, he was doing a fantastic job keeping up with Massa, until we had an electrical failure, which shut the engine off and forced him to retire the car."

Burgess said the team would be giving better equipment to the drivers for the next race.

"We are now looking forward to the next race and will try to work harder and give the boys better equipment."

Karthikeyan's teammate Tiago Monteiro of Portugal, who came 17th in the race for his 11th straight finish of the season, said he believed his team chose the right strategy for the race.

"We were quite heavy at the beginning and planned on having two stops. I had a great start, passed a few cars and followed Narain as closely as possible in order not to let him get too far ahead.

"Unfortunately Narain experienced some problems and I was racing alone for a long time. Then, halfway through the race, I was told on the radio that [Takuma] Sato was still behind me. So I was really pushing like crazy to stay away but he was just to quick.

"There was nothing I could have done. Everybody was very reliable for this race therefore it was very hard for me to finish in a higher position.

"I have now finished 11 races out of 11. It will be hard for the next rookies to beat this record," Monteiro added

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast