Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narain Karthikeyan in F1

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Narain Karthikeyan in F1

Narain has become the first Indian to break into F1.While many of us have read about his exploits,not many have actually seen him in action.Is there anyone here who has seen him race live or on television.Also at 28years is he late to the field?By signing him up is Jordan respecting his talent or is there an eye on the huge market potential in India.Opinions please.

PS:This thread can also be used to track his performences beginning March 6th.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes!!!
    He officially got his license yesterday!!
    F1 has the second most popular following in Indian TV audience. I guess the popularity is now going to go up. 28 is not a bad age for debut in F1 as Michael Schumacer is 36 and he is the champion. I wish Narain wins atleast one Grand Prix and makes max podium finishes!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    yes!!!
    He officially got his license yesterday!!
    F1 has the second most popular following in Indian TV audience. I guess the popularity is now going to go up. 28 is not a bad age for debut in F1 as Michael Schumacer is 36 and he is the champion. I wish Narain wins atleast one Grand Prix and makes max podium finishes!!!
    28 for debut? I predict him only two seasons, perhaps not even a compleete season. He must have been having some good sponsors, like that guy from Malaysia (don't remember his name, he is now only a shadow in the F1 circus ) came with petronas' dollars. We have got few others two.

Sorry, I have never heard of him but where had he been all the years?
    Racing where?
    Please don't compare MS with anyone else. That guy is an extra ordinary chap. I don't know if you know Heinz-Harald Frentzen. It was told in younger ages that HHF was the better driver of both. But MS has this will to win.
    He donated 7.5 million € to the tsunami relief but I am quite sure he could have done more, it would not have been a wesp sting either for him.

But please tell me who is this Indian/Dravidean guy running arround with MS, his pyschologist or something?

And Narain to Jordan? My goodness! Isn't it that Jordan is almost bancrupt? Feel sorry for this indian chap. Minardi, Jordan huh! Not good. Not a wise decision.

Perahaps wes should talk about F1 in couple of months how disapoiniting it is ofr India that Narain joined Jordan.

I am keen on updates because I think I got to the right place to have more infos about this guy than anyone else here in Germany!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen him live but his dad several times. His cousin was my classmate.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a quite good site for F1
    http://www.formeleins.de/04/index.html

Does this Indian pilot has a site of his own?

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boy
    ... like that guy from Malaysia (don't remember his name, he is now only a shadow in the F1 circus ) came with petronas' dollars.
    He's Alex Yoong.
    Once the pride of the country

Post Thanks / Like
    There seem to be no F1 fans here which shows in the complete inactivity of this thread or is everyone waiting for the season to begin Anyway Narain seems to be doing well for himself in the testing currently going on.I don't think he&the Jordan team are looking at pole positions/podium finishes/wins.They want to start&complete all the races(maybe aiming at 10-14 position) which will prove to be an indicator on the car's reliability&then as the season progresses aim higher. It's unreasonable to expect bigger things from him as yet.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13676294

A slide show of 'Narain on wheels'

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before talking about wining lets see if he gets pole position. Both the Jordan drivers are late entries into F1. Havent got the kind of time required to train together and become a team.

MS on his own is not unbeatable,
    Ferrari on its own is not unbeatable,
    But MS on Ferrari is unbeatable.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Akash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    with Barichello, Remember He always a good Team player..
    Ferrari guys are dare in taking decisions, in the middle of a session who the hell will change the TYRES all on sudden(Michelin to Bridgestone)!!

Remember this MS started his Career with Jordan!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast