Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Significance of the Maasi Maham-Siva & Sakthi Valipaadu

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The earthly demon hid the god!
    The earthly demon hid in the god

Dear Uthappam
    Very Good. Excellent. Infact you brought out the core understanding. The demon of senses hides us from knowing the God. This is why ten heads of ravana represent. Though he was a learned pundit, he fell to the senses and so he failed to see God. So spiritual practice is to get out of the Demon (Dwaita) in us and realize God (Advaita).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    after all, the waves are a part of the ocean, can the ocean ever belong to the wave?
    Dear Badri
    Yes as long as you look at the waves, they are not ocean , they are wave. Sankara does not call the wave as ocean. But if you look where the wave comes (Creation- Brahma)and goes (Destroyed - shiva) and maintained (Preserved -Vishnu)...it is only ocean. So in time-space relation the wave is seen, then , merges in ocean. Once it is merged there is no difference between wave and ocean, no duality. As ramakrishna says , like a salt doll falling into ocean. Till it falls it is separate.

we look at the ever changing body and comment, and so we quetion about advaita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Such concept is not practical. There are so many real life difficulties with Advaitha concept.
    Dear friend
    When you understand advaita you wont have problems. When you misunderstand you will have problems.

“Advaithi” jumped in to well to escape from a chasing tiger.
    Shivaji's advaitic-guru Ramadas had an advaitic disciple. One day while he was waling a wild elephant appeared. The soldiers in the back asked the diciple to move away from the way of the elephant. But the disciple said, oh, it is brahman in the form of elephant walking to me, who is also Brahman.

The elephant smashed him to the ground. The moaning disciple was taken to the Guru, who complained about the futility of advaita philosophy. The smiling guru said, but you ignored the voice of the brahman who cautioned in the form of soldiers behind you.

This is how one acts when they dont understand what advaita is.

The fictitious “advaitha” is just an imaginative human assumption to create comfortable continuity of life after the death and/or live in detached life by neglecting the real life issues.
    There is no life after death, heaven promised in advaita. Moksha , is here , instant right now while you are living. There is no renunciation "of" action , but renunciation "in" action.

The experience of one ness through meditation (thoughtless state) can be compared with experience with drugs (I had seen many sanyasis using Hashish to feel the oneness).
    There is no thoughtless state....it is only transcending thoughts.

Such God concept (oneness) has no real practical values.
    Yes, I agree it has no practical value in encouraging fighting wars.

Such god does not hear prayers!!! Such God neither need any followers nor guide any one with Vedas.
    A god listening to our prayers is indeed finctionary. In Advaita tradition a teacher is needeed because a diciple has an error in his understanding. After the understandign happens, the Guru or book is not needed.

[quote] How such understandings of oneness help in the real life?[/quote

Every moment we are looking for one-ness non-duality. That is what happiness is also. For any happiness to take place there should be a subject and an object. Advaita says the subject is more important than an object to enjoyt that object. Modern life we learn more on objects than subject. In Advaita we learn more on the subject then the objects. This brings completeness in the subject and hence is the practical way of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you understand advaita you wont have problems. When you misunderstand you will have problems.
    Having discussed this issue with Pradheep and proved the utter falsity of advaita premise countless times, I can say; only the reverse is true.

That is,

When you misunderstand advaita, you won't have problems.

Pradheep repeatedly demonstrates this trapped situation by continuing with his misunderstanding on advaita.

When you understand advaita you will have problems.

To prove this, let us see what Pradheep has to say in response to my former statement and see if I immediately encounter problems of Logically Explosive contradictions from him or not.
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rohit
    I left answering your questions in Evolution thread because when you are cornered you call "names" and that is what you do over and over again. Again you do the same here. So how should we go from here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Pradheep, in the evolution thread, at the end, I simply analysed your definition of Brahman thoroughly, which obviously made you quit. Is that what you call name-calling? That means, I must take this as your usual way of demonstrating your continual misunderstanding again and again as expected. Well, you have proved both of my statements absolutely true while falsifying yours.

I shall leave it to you to continue with your misunderstanding, and like I said, you shall have no problems in doing so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rohit,

schizophrenic, Psycotic, halucinating...these are some of the words that I can recollect , that you use. And above all ,you keep writing...
    Well, you have proved both of my statements absolutely true while falsifying yours.
    You alwaysclaim you proved?. what did you prove?.You kept writing your formula RRR/RUR etc again and again. In thelast postyou simply argued that Buddha refuted vedic ideas, but your back bone collpased when you could not explain why Buddha used vedic mantra and vedic meditation. when that rock foundation was blasted...go back to the thread and read how you rolled down , andmiserbaly had onlymone optionto use this symbol . You dont like symbolism but you use the maximum symbols.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pradheep,

Schizophrenia, Psychotic, hallucinations, delusions, phantasm etc. are the technical terms to describe mental states of people who unwarily or helplessly detach themselves from reality and engage themselves in distortions of perceptions, thought, language and emotions along with false perceptions of an entity that doesn't exist. Distortion of thinking process, such as violations of logic, incoherent statements and inappropriate shifts in expressions is common in their spoken and/or written communications. Through dissociative reactions, they continue to maintain their false beliefs despite of the clear evidence and proofs to the contrary.

Over the entire period of all our debates, you have continually demonstrated such behaviours along with impertinent gestures of spitting in people's mouths and comparing them with your four-year son when faced with unanswerable questions and arguments. I have reproduced clear evidences of all theses and they are still there in the relevant threads. Please go and read your own subterfuge behaviours along with your drifting and irreconcilable posts.

Looks like URU, URR, RRU, RRR are the main stumbling blocks in your way. Graspng the argument of physical phenomenon of sound waves (mantras) still remains a major challenge to you. The rest that follows in your abive post evidently support my both statements, which quite understandably, you wouldn't like to refer to them as proved. However, the more you continue with such false, baseless and futile arguments the more you will prove my statements, and that fact, you yourself will prove by continuing with your vain arguments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Schizophrenia, Psychotic, hallucinations, delusions, phantasm etc. are the technical terms to describe mental states of people who unwarily or helplessly detach themselves from reality and engage themselves in distortions of perceptions, thought, language and emotions along with false perceptions of an entity that doesn't exist.
    This does not apply to a person like me, because I dont think of an entity that does not exist. I am talking about "me" the "being", but which is not the body and the mind. But this "being" is not generated by nervous impulses in the brain.

Now comming to your side, what is real?. Should I quote for you scientific papers that come to the conclusion that what we perceive through the senses are not real?

Distortion of thinking process, such as violations of logic, incoherent statements and inappropriate shifts in expressions is common in their spoken and/or written communications. Through dissociative reactions, they continue to maintain their false beliefs despite of the clear evidence and proofs to the contrary.
    How are you different from the people who believe what they see is real?. It took years in western world to comprehned the idea that the world is round and earth is revolving around the sun and not other way. Because they beleive the sense organ perception to be real. So you think what I say voliates logic because your core understanding is based on sensual perception only.

Over the entire period of all our debates, you have continually demonstrated such behaviours along with impertinent gestures of spitting in people's mouths and comparing them with your four-year son when faced with unanswerable questions and arguments. I have reproduced clear evidences of all theses and they are still there in the relevant threads. Please go and read your own subterfuge behaviours along with your drifting and irreconcilable posts.
    Comparing with my four year old son is not to belittle people. I use that to explain how our perception changes as our ability to have holistic view, instead of fragmented analysis.

Looks like URU, URR, RRU, RRR are the main stumbling blocks in your way.
    There is no stumbling. I am clear what i am talking and also understand what you are talking.

Graspng the argument of physical phenomenon of sound waves (mantras) still remains a major challenge to you.
    Again , the point is not about sound waves. My question is staright forward why did Buddha use vedic sounds, if he rejected Vedic knowledge. I have an explaination which you refuse to accept because of your pre-conceived notions.

I am quoting your own quote of dalai lama "No Nirvana without purification of the mind". [/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    pradheep wrote:

My question is staright forward why did Buddha use vedic sounds, if he rejected Vedic knowledge.
    The same reason I use English sounds, but I reject the English 'knowledge' and I use the English sound to reject it.

BTW, what the hell is vedic sound all about???
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast