Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obituary - Artists outside India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Australian film director Paul Cox dead at 76

Paul Cox, who is widely regarded as the father of Australian arthouse cinema, has reportedly died aged 76. The Dutch-born director is known for his films Man of Flowers, A Woman's Tale and Innocence. The Australian Directors Guild announced his death on Twitter on Sunday.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz4BzXuilnd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Italian film star Bud Spencer, the 'good giant,' dead at 86

Bud Spencer, a burly comic actor dubbed the "good giant" for punching out bad guys on the screen in a long series of spaghetti westerns, has died in Italy. He was 86.

Italian news agency ANSA quoted his son, Giuseppe Pedersoli, as saying without adding medical details that his father died peacefully Monday evening.

Born in Naples as Carlo Pedersoli, he adopted the stage name Bud Spencer — the first name inspired by a beer and the last to honour his favourite star, Spencer Tracy.

Culture minister Dario Franceschini said Spencer "knew how to entertain entire generations."

In his youth, Spencer was an athlete, becoming the first Italian to swim the 100-metre freestyle in under a minute.

Spencer's roles exploited his physical strength, especially his big frame and girth. His imposing figure earned him a walk-on part as a Praetorian guard in the 1951 film Quo Vadis?

Italian director Mario Monicelli gave him his first big role in the 1955 film Un eroe dei nostri tempi (A hero of our times). Spencer abandoned his swimming career after the 1960 Olympics in Rome. Working on a 1967 film, Dio perdona io no, (God forgives, I don't), Spencer met up with actor Mario Girotti, who would take the stage name Terence Hill and become his frequent movie partner in spaghetti westerns.

Spencer, who had a law degree, made his name in unmistakably lowbrow films. Some of them include Al di la' della legge (Beyond the Law) in 1968; Lo chiamavano Trinita (They Call Me Trinity) in 1970; Watch Out, We're Mad, in 1974; Io sto con gli ippopotami (I'm for the Hippotamus) in 1979; Double Trouble in 1984 and Un piede in paradise (Speaking of the Devil) in 1991.

Spencer's movies delighted much of the public, but critical acclaim eluded him, Italian state radio said Tuesday, noting he drew laughs with physical humour, especially by punching in the face the bad and arrogant characters.
    Read more at : http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/bud-spencer-dies-1.3655726

This duo dominated the screens of our land in mid 70s. Unforgettable performance.

We miss you Spencer

May your soul Rest in Peace
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Legendary Canadian poet/songwriter/composer/singer Leonard Cohen is no more; may his soul rest in peace!

Here is the movie version of one of his classics, "Dance me to the end of love...",
    from SCENT OF A WOMAN, featuring Al Pacino:

Cohen live, singing the same song:

Last edited by raagadevan; 6th March 2017 at 09:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    British pop idol George Michael passes away at age 53... RIP!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sir Roger Moore passed away

Sir Roger Moore

May his soul Rest In Peace

From his last James Bond movie, A view to kill(1985)

" I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP Roger Moore...

James Bond in India:

Scenes from OCTOPUSSY (1983) - featuring Roger Moore, Vijay Amritraj & Kabir Bedi

Post Thanks / Like

Glen Campbell passed away

Glen Campbell passed away . . May his soul Rest In Peace.

Here is a song in his memory:

Rhinestone cowboy......

" I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Lewis passed away

Jerry Lewis passed away. May his soul Rest In Peace.

In his memory here is Jerry Lewis with Dean Martin:

Post Thanks / Like

Fats Domino passed away——May his soul rest in peace

Here is a song in his memory:

Blueberry Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12