Page 72 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    the movie was long but it was not boring at all. Rajni was more stylish and natural than "Shankar movie hero"> I liked it very much.
    now you forcing me to watch it again !

btw where are those black sheeps, wolf got them all?

Birthday candle blowing scene turned theater in to a stadium, It really felt like I was watching it in India. All this for a below average movie,Imagine if it only had little better story line. I personally would have squashed few mosquitoes with my bare hands coming out of the theater.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came back from the movie
    It is a pretty decent entertainer to me though not on the level of padayappa/basha. I am completely impressed with ‘Raja Lingeswaran’s’ characterization. It is completely realistic for the most part with no overdone heroism anywhere but still thalaivar exhibited his dynamism. He is shown a person with Indian noble values like sacrifice, integrity, honesty, courage, fearlessness, greatness, magnanimity spiritual mindset etc., Personally, we can take a lot of learnings from this character. I have a strong belief that lingeswaran will add to his memorable characters. I liked sundarajan’s characterization and acting as well. It exactly fitted the movie. Even the british villan was more realistic. It was really a great feel to see Superstar in screen completely energetic and healthy with the same speed, dialogue delivery & style. Anushka is super hot and sonakshi coo to. Santhanam is rally good with his one liners. As many reviews said, definitely KSR needs to be given credit for completing this humongous task in 6 months. Randy and sabusyril needs special appreciation too.

Having said all these, still the movie has it’s own demerits
    1.Few of the actors have been wasted. To name a few; karunakaran, Dev Gill, Jagapathy Babu.
    2.In the first half, we get a feel that; three stories are being told parallel. We have a thief episode, then some episode relating to dam and finally the flashback but none of the episodes evoke a strong suspense or curiosity. This certainly causes discomfort. KSR should take responsibility for poor writing.
    3.One strong expectation for thalaivar movies is the confrontation with villan. We have seen raghuvaran in baasha, arunachalam. Radharavi in Muthu, Ramya Krishnan is padayappa, Suman in Sivaji. But here we totally lack such confronation scenes.
    4.There is not a even a single scene to show the mass effect or buildup of thalaivar. Instead of a poorly conceived climax, any scene where thalaivar with his sheer people support takes on powerful jagapathy’s babu’s political machinery would have raised the movie by several notches.
    5.It is hard to believe that Rahman as the MD of this movie. Hardly there is no stand out BGM’s. Even baba had few. Songs too are average

Overall, the movie is truly an entertainer. No one will regret watching it and I felt entertained for most part of the movie. You expect a delicious meal, 50 % of what you expected is served. 25 % is not good as expected and rest 25 % what you expect has not been served.

I think KSR has lost his touch. All his recent movies are a clear example. Thalaivar should stay away from him in the future. KSR still deserves respect for having played a major role in building the brand Rajini.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The issues I was concerned were..

Rajini looks and Rajini-young heroine chemistry. They came out fine.

Rajini looked great and his acting was natural and his chemistry with young girls worked.
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    ///Overall, the movie is truly an entertainer. No one will regret watching it and I felt entertained for most part of the movie.///

Very true. Everyone felt the same in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    sets a BO record without shankar in it!

http://andhraboxoffice.com/info.aspx...&cid=6&fid=883

Post Thanks / Like
    other PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT UP claiming bo king and all It is Rajini and Rajini only

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MMMediaUSA ‏@GKMediaUSA
    #Lingaa 800K 2 days collect puts US distr a difficult task to break even (need 2.2 million min). Sat is the key! @ATMUSent @SIMoviesUSA

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    திருச்சியை பொருத்தவரை முதன் முதலாக 10 தியேட்டர்களில் வெளியிடப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதில் ரம்பா, கலைஅரங்கம், விஜய் மற்றும் LA சினிமாஸ்ஆகிய நாண்கு ு திரைகளில் 60 to 70% படம் பார்க்கிறார்கள். மீதி 6 தியேட்டர்களிலும் 200க்கும் குறைவான மக்கள் படம் பார்க்கிறார்கள். அதுவும் இன்று காலை காட்சி அநேக அரங்கங்களில் 100க்கும் குறைவான மக்கள் படம் பார்த்தார்கள். திங்கள் முதல் status பார்த்தால் தான் சரியான ரிப்போர்ட் தெரியும்.

மற்றபடி படம் சுமாரான ரிப்போர்ட் என வந்துள்ளது.
    Last edited by SPCHOWTHRYRAM; 13th December 2014 at 09:01 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One group is desperately trying to pull the movie down. But the sad fact is already the movie is having dream opening or dream run. Adding to it, the movie has its own entertainment value. No neutral fan or family audience will complain. All the group can do is to get rid off the reality and to live in their own world.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Rajini, because of the huge fan base. one will have to let the dust settle after a day or 2 to know the exact picture. Preview shows and First day will all be booked up but that does not mean film is a super hit. Already it appears that it is not doing as well as expected in TN.