Page 117 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the same story since Sivaji the Loss ...
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the statement the movie is sold for 200 crores. If it does not collect 300 crores gross it will not break even. Normally distributor share is only 1/3rd of gross collection. Here it won't be more than 2/3rd of collection because tax is not there only for tamilnadu. In AP it comes with big tax for dubbed movies. Whatever way you look at it, it needs to collect 300 crores for a minimum to break even.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cinema View Post
    According to the statement the movie is sold for 200 crores. If it does not collect 300 crores gross it will not break even. Normally distributor share is only 1/3rd of gross collection. Here it won't be more than 2/3rd of collection because tax is not there only for tamilnadu. In AP it comes with big tax for dubbed movies. Whatever way you look at it, it needs to collect 300 crores for a minimum to break even.
    I believe the movie is sold close to 180C but it includes distribution rights,satellite rights,everything

Distribution: TN-67.5 C,AP+satellite-25C,KA-9.5C,KL-4.25C,Overseas-25C,Hindi-10C,
    music rights all ->8C ,
    Satellite rights ->30C..
    Total comes around -180C but ignore hindi version(which is not released) and also ignore satellite rights,music rights..
    so it comes around 140C only and so 150C is enough for distributors/theater owners to recover the money..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    I hope rajni fans who are bashing people posting negative reviews watch this clip..when we said common people didnt like the movie few Rajni fans here bashed us and asked to GET LOST..now the truth from distributors mouth..3 daysla 100 c nu sonnaanga then why this loss?..
    +1000
    But not all Rajini fans. I haven't seen a single post from A2A, cm123, mappi abusing others for saying Lingaa<<< Sivaji/Enthiran.
    There's just one person who, from Day 1 has been mocking those who said Lingaa isn't getting that many positive reviews. Lingaa nalla illennu sonna Saami kanna kuthumaam. Though I feel the distributors and theater owners are the ones to be blamed, what the distributors say in this video is what many of us have been saying all these days after seeing negative reports. This is similar to what happened after Baba's release.

Baba's case:

Opening was huge but a week later, the collections subsided due to negative WOM.
    The makers gave ads in Tamil dailies with comments from the public, like 'Mr.ABC from Nagapattinam says 'Arumaiyaana padam, idha poyi nalla illennu solraangale'
    Then Latha Rajinikanth met the press asked them to wait for some more time before calling it a flop. Her speech was shown on TV.
    And then the distributors protested - this was more than 50 days after the movie got released.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Post Thanks / Like
    look at the gross for dhoom 3
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ollywood_films
    look at this link for distributor share.
    http://www.indicine.com/movies/bolly...-the-5th-film/

Not even 1/3rd. People miss lot of points here. 100 cr gross means nothing for rajini movie. If you remember it correct enthiran gross was over 330 crores and distributor share for around 150 crores.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cinema View Post
    look at the gross for dhoom 3
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ollywood_films
    look at this link for distributor share.
    http://www.indicine.com/movies/bolly...-the-5th-film/

Not even 1/3rd. People miss lot of points here. 100 cr gross means nothing for rajini movie. If you remember it correct enthiran gross was over 330 crores and distributor share for around 150 crores.
    Dont compare hindi market with tamil market...Tamil movie has to appeal universal to collect equal to hindi movies..enthiran does that because the theme is universal with stardom rajni and it blockbuster all over..
    Just easily you said 100C gross is nothing..Apart from sivaji and enthiran which rajni movie crossed 100C..You still dont want to accept/digest the outcome of Lingaa..If the movie is bad it wont do well as simple as that..
    If you stil believe Lingaa made 100C then no problem enjoy..

Post Thanks / Like
    As a matter of fact I like Kamal more than Rajini. I just told the facts. 100 Cr gross means a share of not more than 60 crores for distributor. There are several overheads involved in between.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No idea about the authenticity of this........But if it is true, gatham gatham

AndhraBoxOffice.Com @AndhraBoxOffice · 14h 14 hours ago
    But, Eros won't be losing much in #Lingaa as they have sold it to other Buyers in 90% of Markets. Local Buyers will..

Ñr ‏@nropines
    Linga all set for 90-100c loss (gross) Congrats Eros.. Your track record is unbeatable
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Lingaa [Genre : Rajinikanth] 12/12/2014

Kalliugathil Dhramam Otha kallil thaan Nadakum, athuvum nondi nondi thaan Nadakum

Lingaa-the film, is a complete entertainer, a movie that approaches oneself as hisself approaches it. KSR has shifted the genres within, that cater every visiting audience - be it Rajini frozen inside the cupboard, or uttering onliners or being a pride or the man with a mission. The movie is a spectacle of spectaculars right from the decors, the minute detailing (you just got to admire all the brooches), extravangant outdoors and deep natural colors. What catches eyes is the magic, what made the eyes to catch it, is the trick. Lingaa is a master trick played upon by the Undisputable Magician Rajinikanth.

Raga Lingaeshwar is a righteous man, who upon hearing the pleas of a small town, Solaiyur, dwellers, projects a plan to construct a dam that could solve their problems permanantly. As this town and its entourage falls under his authority as the District collector representing the Eat India Company, he readily puts forward his wish by presenting it formally to his English hierarchy. But the British have something else in mind, which allows the Raja to readily shun down his posting and works with the villagers to built the dam all by themselves. He arranges for the primary materails, including all the financials, into his personel account. The advancement does not go well with the new British Collector who replaced the Raja, thus, he plots to bring down the dam along with Lingaeshwaran. He fairly suceeds, but the dam stays to resonate the hard work of Lingaeshwaran, endlessly profiting the entire district. Present day, fate sends Lingaeshwaran in a junior form to Solaiyur when the dam is endangered yet another time, but this time by our own kith & kin, the sentipides of the system. Arrival of Lingaa Jr. kickstarts re-establishment of faith amoung people and save the dam yet another time, timely again this time too.

KSR - hats off - eventhough not a neat work, but an effort worth mentioning. Finally a projet with a roadmap, including the release date. Well executed operation and the entire backstage unit should be proud of delivering yet another exemple for the industry. KSR screen writing was top notch - would love to watch the director's cut. The assembly in the naration made sense and it was too good. I can give you as many exemples as you want, but choose one that should peak your interest - Mrs. Sami Pulla, the wife of Illavarasu. Anyone wondered what she is doing in the film ? KSR uses her as a time machine to describe the time zone, a span of 5 years, taken to built the dam. Let me break it for you, she gets pregnant several times. Now I let you to count how many times. Similarly, the initial stages of the films, KSR just breezes out by arranging random scenes connected only by dialogues. This is where the editing comes into picture which moves the scenes like a pattern. KSR shines in his dialogues and the connection he tries to make between the flashbacks with them. He gives enough evidence that Lingeshwaran in Lingaa.

Most importantky KSR takes the huge credit for crafting a character like "Raja Lingeshwaran" - Hats off again. Rajini carried it just as the creator KSR would have expected - delivery, emotion, anger, body, structure, looks, etc., etc., Rajini is the Raja. Editor Samjith has done a fabulous job correcting most of the scenes, esp. the 2 stunt sequences. He has nicely chesiled it by not missing even a crumb of detail, those details well captured by Rathnavelu. And I sincerely hope Rajini does the needed felicitations to his stunt doubles as he did for Padayappa, Chandramuki & Endhiran. Rathnavelu-Samjith Duo have taken good care with stunt doubles, which is presented quite beleivably. Talking about Rathnavelu, I was amazed with all those 100s & 100s of close ups. KSR knows the pulse of Rajini Fans, but it really needs someone who is an adherant fan himself to capture them so lovelily. I was not expecting it, seeing Rajini in form, I must say - Banu you are great.

The decors are simply fabulous. The palace, the falls, the surrounding, all the needed amibience to bring in the necessary depth to an artificial set were all amazing. It glitters more with the costumes, the jewels and other accesoseries that the artists sizzle around with. Esp. Rajini is seen in couple of Raja Dress, which were awesome. Think they were handmade. The jewels embeded in his dress were lovely, even his turban, his shall & sandals. It should be a treat for people who look forward to watch our ancestral generation period. Brooches get a spl. mention. Then the Engeneer Rajini wears some outstanding formals. My eyes were glued on his tanned shoes, and my pick was his Blue shirt. Lingaa Jr. too is trendy, the different shaded Raybans, the bullet shot jeans to the suit, these guys have worked with passion towards Rajini, else the output would not have been this grandeur.

'A whole unit's love for a single man can do wonders' - try Lingaa.

The Englsih actor crew was brilliant. Mr. Hunter gave a stubborn performence before Rajinikanth. I felt he 'overall' matched him. Even when Rajini counters him, he reacts. "Partha nee Dam Katra mari theriyala, Ivalathaan Kattuveinu ninaikirein. Katiko, Nalla thaan irruka" was funny. Irwin Lauren too is a show stealer. She really turned red. 'Rajini-Known-Face-Crowd' occupy him throughout the movie where I liked Radharavi as he introduces himself as a Mahakavi Bharathi Fan, me too. But the real person whose character as well performence was top notch was R Sundarrajan. Lingaa ladies were pretty, eventhough Sonakshi is not my type, I liked her. Anuska is terrific. What a beauty ! Santhanam comedy is as usual but found that the timing between them all worked sparks, that certainly evokes laughter. Others are there in the movie - you will notice them too, small roles but memorable ones.

Most of you would have taken an airways flight and gone through the passenger transit. The plane that you embark will not be the same as the landing one. The initial travel in a boeing quite large with hostess and stewards at your service, suddenly turns into a cart like flight where you seem to sharing a 'dove cage' space with your neighbour. Lingaa ACT-3 is just that. The way we were taken to the flashback was awesome, but all of a sudden we are transfered back to the present. It certainly leaves an impact. Plus few more, that I consider should not bother the viewership. Other than that, Lingaa is a Journey worth taking.

Tamil Cinema needed a reset, and that's what Lingaa-the Film is. It is a Drama with enough elements to satisfy the audiences who visit the theatre.

Lingaa - Panchamirtham
    Last edited by mappi; 19th December 2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: tried my best, you know what !
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India