Page 32 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Param Ji,

Check PM.

Last edited by mappi; 26th November 2014 at 05:24 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    It is always a known fact that Rajini and Kamal are well-wishers of each other.....Rajini always respects Kamal's Cinematic opinion...and there is always a stake involved in the film...Kamal is a sheer genius in knowing the outcome of the movie even before its release after seeing the movie....Kamal always buys Rajini's film in the NCC region and gets the lions share....always profitable which he uses it for his own film-making....
    Ellam seri dhan but neenga avarukku business sensa pathi sonathu kindal adikiraenglannu puriyala
    Rajini films are generally a safe gamble unless he strays outside of his territory like baba or koch ..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    It is always a known fact that Rajini and Kamal are well-wishers of each other.....Rajini always respects Kamal's Cinematic opinion...and there is always a stake involved in the film...Kamal is a sheer genius in knowing the outcome of the movie even before its release after seeing the movie....Kamal always buys Rajini's film in the NCC region and gets the lions share....always profitable which he uses it for his own film-making....
    Totally new information for me !!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Ellam seri dhan but neenga avarukku business sensa pathi sonathu kindal adikiraenglannu puriyala
    Rajini films are generally a safe gamble unless he strays outside of his territory like baba or koch ..
    Knowing the business and doing it are different, right?
    I also feel that Kamal knows what will click. But he deliberately tries to move away from it.
    Sorry for digressing !
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is this NCC region?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    no kindal....the "sheer genius" is as per my opinion only...there could be many who could take various opinions and might question about kamal's self-making movies and cinematic experiences...but Kamal takes the liberty to take risks on his own irrespective of the outcome...I don't want to delve into this much....

FYKI....Kamal had advised and asked to release the movie "Baba" very soon during that time irrespective of the ensuing issues by the political parties....but am not sure if Kamal had bought the distribution rights of Baba...and because there was a minor misunderstanding between Kamal and Rajini then when Rajini had to compensate all the parties for the Baba's performance at the box-office

And yes Rajini films are always a sure-shot at BO let us keep aside Baba...and I can't talk much about Koch as I haven't got the final numbers and haven't done the arithmetic and the economics of the movie...Koch might have not set the cash registers ringing at the BO but the economics can post a different picture...
    Last edited by leosimha; 26th November 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    What is this NCC region?
    North Arcot-Chengalpattu-Chennai region....there is very heavy competition to grab the distribution rights....though it is very difficult to get the 100% share of the region...getting at least 25% share is a big achievement...am not sure...but guess Kamal can get anywhere between 25% to 40%....all these are not confirmed information but these are information from my friend who is a relative of Kamal...and my friend knows only a bit of information which is passed on...no mincing words here....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Leo,

Chennai is a different region when it comes to distribution. The other one is NSC, which is North and South Arcot + Chengalpet.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Leo,

Chennai is a different region when it comes to distribution. The other one is NSC, which is North and South Arcot + Chengalpet.
    oh yes...it is NSC...plus Kamal does have interests in Chennai region too as he is close to Abirami and Oscar....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I more or less know the regions within TN. But NCC sounded alien to me. Tats why I asked. And its a news to me that Kamal buys the distribution rights for Rajni movies in the NSC. If its true, then is remarkable to say the least.

- Bernard Shaw