Page 118 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a wonderful time here during the past couple of weeks. Lingaa was a festival for me in here as well as at the cinema halls. I thank all the participants.

Here is a glossary kind of post, just incase some one is going to look for 'content'' materials. Until next Raja Film ... Parakaas.

Let's Begin

Authority

Philosophy

Walk

Challenge

1000 Faces

Junior

Senior

Temple

Train Fight

Intro

Climax

Supplements :

Aatma Lingaa

Bana Lingaa

Svayambhu Lingaa

Thanks

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This morning, my wife was making breakfast, preparing the kids etc... The usual morning mad rush.. I was my usual self - sipping coffee and playing hayday and listening to songs.

It seems that my 5 yr old daughter spent too much time brushing her teeth. My wife wasn't happy. I was hearing the usual scolding a with liberal sprinklings of "neeyelamm urupada maate", "you are not time conscious"etc... As my 5 year old was walking with her head down in shame, I so happened to play the song "unmai oru naal vellum".

You should have seen the look on my wife's face. Priceless.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normal padathuku enthiran-level-ku kaasu kettu ethir paarthingana, vera maadhiri result aaidum.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was released in record no of screens , so some drop is expected
    after opening. Still the movie is doing well that too with high ticket pprices.It will end up superhit at least.
    Distributors have to be blamed themself in certain areas, like 10 theatres in Trichy and 2 theatres in small town Jeyangondam.in these 2 places they can't make profilt even if Lingaa=Endhiran.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    +1000
    But not all Rajini fans. I haven't seen a single post from A2A, cm123, mappi abusing others for saying Lingaa<<< Sivaji/Enthiran.
    There's just one person who, from Day 1 has been mocking those who said Lingaa isn't getting that many positive reviews. Lingaa nalla illennu sonna Saami kanna kuthumaam. Though I feel the distributors and theater owners are the ones to be blamed, what the distributors say in this video is what many of us have been saying all these days after seeing negative reports. This is similar to what happened after Baba's release.

Baba's case:

Opening was huge but a week later, the collections subsided due to negative WOM.
    The makers gave ads in Tamil dailies with comments from the public, like 'Mr.ABC from Nagapattinam says 'Arumaiyaana padam, idha poyi nalla illennu solraangale'
    Then Latha Rajinikanth met the press asked them to wait for some more time before calling it a flop. Her speech was shown on TV.
    And then the distributors protested - this was more than 50 days after the movie got released.
    That person has gone into exile for the last couple of days. While you can do all the gimmicks to blow up/bring down a movie's performance, the real picture will be known by the first Monday after release. The film getting replaced by Kaththi in Baby Albert and Naaigal Jaakkiradhai in Udhayam complex itself was a sign of things to come. From 160+ shows for the first weekend in spicinemas it has come down to 90. And with many new releases scheduled for this week and the next, I dont see any chance of revival for Lingaa.

Moral of the story: Nobody is in the liberty of making movies only for their fans. Blabbers like 'Lingaa is an emotional talk between Thalaivar and fans. Others cant understand it' can get a few hundred RTs but can't help with a single additional penny to the revenue. In these days of social media dominance, even Rajni has to be careful selecting scripts.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    This is the same story since Sivaji the Loss ...
    Yen Raja unkku indha Valai ? Those morons could have waited for Gamal Hassar Movie and paid even higher price.. No? Who forced ya !! Business school Meadavi
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    That person has gone into exile for the last couple of days. While you can do all the gimmicks to blow up/bring down a movie's performance, the real picture will be known by the first Monday after release. The film getting replaced by Kaththi in Baby Albert and Naaigal Jaakkiradhai in Udhayam complex itself was a sign of things to come. From 160+ shows for the first weekend in spicinemas it has come down to 90. And with many new releases scheduled for this week and the next, I dont see any chance of revival for Lingaa.

Moral of the story: Nobody is in the liberty of making movies only for their fans. Blabbers like 'Lingaa is an emotional talk between Thalaivar and fans. Others cant understand it' can get a few hundred RTs but can't help with a single additional penny to the revenue. In these days of social media dominance, even Rajni has to be careful selecting scripts.
    oppari Start !!
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay, why do you stress social Media? It is the same individuals opinion which we don't know much earlier, Thanks to Social Media.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    Ajay, why do you stress social Media? It is the same individuals opinion which we don't know much earlier, Thanks to Social Media.
    Because the talk, negative or positive, spreads at a rapid pace because of social media. Baba, which drew similar or worse criticisms during its release, fell after 25 days only. Even though the concept of carpet bombing was little known then, brand Rajni ensured that Baba got most screens in the state. But the WOM took time to have its effect. But for Lingaa, even before the first show started in India, reviews started pouring from abroad. And by Friday noon everyone was more or less aware that the film was not up to the mark.

I thought the impact of social media was very less until I watched what happened to Anjaan. Even though it was not a rank bad movie, the online reviews ensured that the film was declared a flop.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Junior Hubber ActionHero's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    oppari Start !!
    Neengathan boss start pannanum. Ezhavu unga padathukkuthan!