Page 140 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The producers or Rajini should not give this Trichy-Tanjore distributors ONE PAISE!

They hurt the collection of this movie everywhere. What rights they have, to go, publish a youtube video saying the movie does not get any crowd in 10 days of its release??
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m_23_bayarea View Post
    Seems like the revenue needs to be distributed more fairly at all levels - producer, distributors, theater owners, and not to mention, salaries of Rajini, KSR, or even ARR. It looks obvious at this point that the movie was sold at extremely high prices to distributors/theater owners given Rajini's previous movies. Given that history didn't repeat itself, it only seems fair to reimburse these folks. After all, there are articles that say that the movie entered the 100 cr, 150 cr club etc. So it's not like they didn't make money overall!
    welcome back

4. Thanks m_23_bayarea thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    The producers or Rajini should not give this Trichy-Tanjore distributors ONE PAISE!

They hurt the collection of this movie everywhere. What rights they have, to go, publish a youtube video saying the movie does not get any crowd in 10 days of its release??
    The first video by Redpix came on the 6th day of release claiming they have made 4 crores out of 8 crores invested.
    I have no problem about requesting money back owing to poor response for the movie. The problem is the way that guy spoke,

- Is Rajini's birthday a National Holiday for the movie to be released?
    - Rajini fans are all 40+ with their kids in midst of Half yearly exams
    - They themselves went for cheap publicity with all the story related cases..
    - Movie was hyped by Rajini & KSR as being equivalent to 10 Padayappas...
    - Why was the producer a Kannadiga?
    - Why was EROS involved (a Marathi)

Who is this guy to question all this. If his only request was to get back some of his money why the hell he has to ask all these stupid questions.
    There definitely is a much larger agenda to this whole issue..

6. Likes CEDYBLUE, m_23_bayarea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Redpix review of the movie does give us some indication about the agenda as well.
    Not to mention Dinamani's cartoon the very next day of movie release.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    The first video by Redpix came on the 6th day of release claiming they have made 4 crores out of 8 crores invested.
    I have no problem about requesting money back owing to poor response for the movie. The problem is the way that guy spoke,

- Is Rajini's birthday a National Holiday for the movie to be released?
    - Rajini fans are all 40+ with their kids in midst of Half yearly exams
    - They themselves went for cheap publicity with all the story related cases..
    - Movie was hyped by Rajini & KSR as being equivalent to 10 Padayappas...
    - Why was the producer a Kannadiga?
    - Why was EROS involved (a Marathi)

Who is this guy to question all this. If his only request was to get back some of his money why the hell he has to ask all these stupid questions.
    There definitely is a much larger agenda to this whole issue..
    Very well said, omega!

No sane distributors ever say what that guy said!! It was like someone "paid off" that guy to defame the movie and Rajini!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omega: Agree with all your points. I think Rajini is at a stage where he also needs to care about his legacy as an actor/star. He's made statements in the past like "Ennaala yaarum kashta pattadhilla", etc... If he needs to maintain that, he must intervene here. Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.

10. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.
    This movie got a BIGGER OPENING than any other movie in the past.

The opening tells all about star value.

I dont see anybody overrode Rajini yet!

12. Likes m_23_bayarea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like the revenue needs to be distributed more fairly at all levels - producer, distributors, theater owners, and not to mention, salaries of Rajini, KSR, or even ARR. It looks obvious at this point that the movie was sold at extremely high prices to distributors/theater owners given Rajini's previous movies. Given that history didn't repeat itself, it only seems fair to reimburse these folks. After all, there are articles that say that the movie entered the 100 cr, 150 cr club etc. So it's not like they didn't make money overall!
    someone hacked this ID agents of shield please respond "we have possible sighting of "Invisible Super hubber"
    Last edited by Dilbert; 8th January 2015 at 12:34 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

14. Likes m_23_bayarea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly oppose any suggesting Thalaivar should get RED Card !!. In my view he should be get Red,Blue,Green and Yellow also. Saving grace is he doesn't have Father-in law or out of law trying to honey ducking the distributors for releasing FUTURE movies. Its plain and simple, amateurs run amuck when it comes to Damil movies distribution business. As Omega mentioned one idiot who out bid others to get the rights also should be ready to take the hit.

This day and age its painful to see this whole process playout in front of us.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Omega: Agree with all your points. I think Rajini is at a stage where he also needs to care about his legacy as an actor/star. He's made statements in the past like "Ennaala yaarum kashta pattadhilla", etc... If he needs to maintain that, he must intervene here. Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.
    Great! So how is Rajini responsible for this greedy distributors investment?
    Didn't he think about all those stupid questions he asked before making such a huge investment?
    Did Rajini force him to buy for such a high price?
    Which next generation actor movie has even touched Enthiran or Sivaji collection?
    Did anyone manage to get their movie released in 600-700 theatres?
    How about 200 theatres in US?

I suppose you are in US bay area still. Did any other movie open as big as Lingaa in the recent past?
    From wherever I am I can see no one even close....

Did you watch those videos (Red pix) by that Singaravelan? Don't you see there is an agenda behind it?