Page 122 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This interview makes sense. Looks like he is being approached (read tortured) by media for the reports that are coming out every minute. Unfortunately directors and actors have to take the blame for blunders committed by Producers and other financiers. I don't know to which extent Rajini gets involved in the business of his movies. Kamal does it (negotiation & selling) all by himself or through Chandrahasan. I recently heard that he almost completed shooting Ladies Only in Hindi, a decade back but did not sell it as the price he quoted was not offered by distributors. Can't say whether this was a good or bad marketing decision but NI folks missed a good movie.

The distributors expecting to break even and start making profits within 5 days is the height of peraasai. But the ones who created this hype should be equally blamed. They want to create records right from the day the title is announced - by saying "Movie was sold at a record price". And now the fame-hungry media is just playing around with it by satisfying fans one day & haters on the next day. Almost all tamil dailies and magazines (Dinamalar, Dinamani, Hindu, Sify, Vikadan) now say that Lingaa made losses in TN, but all these are based on one single interview uploaded by Red Pix(!). What are they going to do now, as the video is now removed? They don't have the guts to apologize because they never know whats going to happen tomorrow. Say if the same distributor group holds a bigger press conference, they will have to eat their words again. Producers official reports release panra varai mediavukku kondaattam dhaan.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by hattori_hanzo; 20th December 2014 at 12:48 AM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajinikanth's 'Lingaa' limping at the box-office?
    http://www.sify.com/movies/rajinikan...L5ciaajjj.html

Lingaa was sold to distributors at exorbitant prices and now we hear that the buyers of the film are far from ecstatic and have started demanding a compensation from the Superstar for their losses.

According to distributors, the film opened well for two days but from third day collections are not at all encouraging and they are paranoid about even recovering fifty percent of their investment!

Distributors say that theater owners are repeatedly calling them for compensation and they are not able to get proper response from Vendhar Movies who distributed the film in Tamil Nadu. Lingaa has also failed to take off in Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra, according to trade reports.

Now the distributors have requested Rajinikanth to interfere and compensated the losses incurred to them. It is worth a mention that the Superstar has compensated distributors for his loss venture Baba.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My New found love for Linga Album..

Its like meeting your ex-GF after many years , you know she was cold hearted ruthless "B12335" for breaking your heart. But still your Heart skips a beat when your eyes see her and smile on her face. It was the feeling I got when I re-visited this album.

Enough said about Mona Gasolina, 2 other Songs which left me haunted

1) Indiane vaa : Song Starts of with cleverly reused tune of Rangeela " kya kare kya na kare" and Chorus. And when ARR starts sings "Indiane Vaa" Time stops and we are back in Pre-Independence era, every word in the lyrics so soulfully crafted takes listener through Importance of water and struggle people went through for securing natural resources under British rule . We as Indians can create a new dimension for future generations to come. At very end of the song Lyricist , MD and Singer ARR decided Now we have listeners on the rope, lets give them one last solid punch to their hearts. Oh my boy it was an overwhelming punch , when he starts singing Vellai irul(British Rule) neengi Gandhi desam Per pera vendum .Gangai kaveri thoda vendum, Nam paali vanathhil paalai vida vendum . Its pretty much summed up hopes of every Indian under British rule.
    Just Brilliant Master Stroke

2) Unmai Orunal Vellum : Song practically plays with your conscience stirring up memories of every battle in your life which you lost for wrong reasons. Lyricist decided to take to many animals ,reptile reference to represent the evil factor within Human mind interesting choice. Its such a soulful number with clean lyrics. ARR use of Instruments and orchestration is simply superb.

Menmakkal ennaalum menmakkal thaane
    Ketaalum nam thalaivan eppodum rajanada
    Veezhndhaalum vallam karam veezhaadhu thaane
    Ponnodu mannallellaam ponaalum
    Avan punnagai kollayitha mudiyadhu

Evil minds might have won the battle , with truth on your side you will eventually win the WAR. ARRji
    Last edited by Dilbert; 20th December 2014 at 03:21 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    This interview makes sense. Looks like he is being approached (read tortured) by media for the reports that are coming out every minute. Unfortunately directors and actors have to take the blame for blunders committed by Producers and other financiers. I don't know to which extent Rajini gets involved in the business of his movies. Kamal does it (negotiation & selling) all by himself or through Chandrahasan. I recently heard that he almost completed shooting Ladies Only in Hindi, a decade back but did not sell it as the price he quoted was not offered by distributors. Can't say whether this was a good or bad marketing decision but NI folks missed a good movie.

The distributors expecting to break even and start making profits within 5 days is the height of peraasai. But the ones who created this hype should be equally blamed. They want to create records right from the day the title is announced - by saying "Movie was sold at a record price". And now the fame-hungry media is just playing around with it by satisfying fans one day & haters on the next day. Almost all tamil dailies and magazines (Dinamalar, Dinamani, Hindu, Sify, Vikadan) now say that Lingaa made losses in TN, but all these are based on one single interview uploaded by Red Pix(!). What are they going to do now, as the video is now removed? They don't have the guts to apologize because they never know whats going to happen tomorrow. Say if the same distributor group holds a bigger press conference, they will have to eat their words again. Producers official reports release panra varai mediavukku kondaattam dhaan.
    Aaddaa he only pawn's his bathrooms for his movies!! Naughty boy Filter Kappi you can't say no now ya!!
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever View Post
    Padam oothikkichchaa? Was planning to watch it this weekend at Edison, New Jersey. Seems Lingaa has been taken off. ARR-kku rendu padam flop pola theriyudhu (KT and Lingaa).

You must be just trolling I guess. In case you are really interested, it is still running in both Edgewater & Bergen daily couple of shows thru' Wednesday 12/24.
    Movie is still running in 56 theatres across US. Pretty good this. Telugu version is still in 13 screens.

For full list visit http://pragathi.com/movies/Lingaa_%2...ets-schedules/

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    You must be just trolling I guess. In case you are really interested, it is still running in both Edgewater & Bergen daily couple of shows thru' Wednesday 12/24.
    Movie is still running in 56 theatres across US. Pretty good this. Telugu version is still in 13 screens.

For full list visit http://pragathi.com/movies/Lingaa_%2...ets-schedules/
    Oh.. thanks. That means it was not running at all in Edison Big Cinemas hall? Interesting to see that a star movie not getting screened in Edison area where there is more indian population.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AFAIK, big cinemas are getting closed in many places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Oh.. thanks. That means it was not running at all in Edison Big Cinemas hall? Interesting to see that a star movie not getting screened in Edison area where there is more indian population.
    It must have completed its run through yesterday in Edison. It was screened in too many theatres last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Aaddaa he only pawn's his bathrooms for his movies!! Naughty boy Filter Kappi you can't say no now ya!!
    Yes Yes...Thank you...Thank you. (sathiyama oru dashum puriyala )

14. Likes vidyasakaran liked this post