Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Hulkster. It is the same tune and music. When I heard "Reena Macareena" song for first time I remembered I heard the same beats in another tune, but could not recollect. Now I casually came across TT once again.

BTW, in TT, the music for "Aasaimugam" is stunning. Ambient and unplugged kind of music from IR. Fantastic guitar/flute work. Looks as if IR had a visit to MTV Coke Studio . Karthik has done an amazing job. I guess, the tune is adapted? Famous Bharathiyaar song, it is. Did not hear this song before. The two songs by Sharreth is also decent. What a singer this guy (Sharreth) is!

When TT audio was available on net, somehow missed the above songs. I dont think the above songs were available then.

thanks,

Krishnan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Hubbers & Raaja's fans - Wishing everyone a Wonderful, Peaceful and Musical New Year 2016. May all enjoy listening to Raja's treasure trove of humming musicals and songs from his world record collection of albums which is nearly 1075 as of date. Is anyone keeping track of Raaja's running numbers? We wish our Maestro a long healthy and peaceful life in 2016. I hope that the postponed live symphony performance at Disney Hall in Los Angeles is scheduled again.

I have a kind request to senior forum members to create a new 2016 link for Ilayaraaja news and new albums. It will be helpful to consolidate all links under one title so that fans can get the news by clicking a single link.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good idea Rajsekar.

I have started a new thread for IR's albums, news and titbits. Below is the link. Let us please continue our discussions there.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...71#post1278671

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That aasaimugam song seems to be composed by karthik rather than ilaiyaraaja. I also thought it was IR until i came a video in vijay tv where karthik sings the same song with a band playing the same exact way. Does not sound like how IR composes though.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulkister, I have not heard the "Asaimugham" song from "Touring Talkies".
    But there is a very popular Carnatic number "Asaimugham maRandu pOchhE" that is being performed in various sabha kutcheri's. I presume IR might have provided orchestration in his own inimitable manner for this one like he did for "alai pAyudhE kaNNA" in the late JayakAnthan film "ethanai kONam ethanai pArvai".

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354