Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irene Hastings View Post
    MSV-IR combo matched becaz MSV's core strength is composing tunes -melody champ . While IR is king on orchestration . SO it matched seamlessly.

I think many MSV fans love his songs purely for the lilting tunes.

IR-ARR - well , both are good at orchestration. So, it may not work out together.
    It's kind of sweeping statement to me if you use "good" and keep both of them in same plane when it comes to orchestration. With the body of work Raja doing so far in composing, Raja is the king of music and the predecessors and successors of Raja are clearly not in the game.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    It's kind of sweeping statement to me if you use "good" and keep both of them in same plane when it comes to orchestration. With the body of work Raja doing so far in composing, Raja is the king of music and the predecessors and successors of Raja are clearly not in the game.
    Gosh, this is too much. So anyone posting in this thread has to qualify their statements with an introduction that Raja is the king of music and the rest are all useless? Irene's comment was innocuous and I am fairly certain he didn't mean any disrespect to Raja. Raja may be king of music to you (and million others, me included, probably Irene too) but that doesn't mean everyone should hold that opinion and disrespect (or at least put down) every other composer.

And what about your inane post that Rahman should request Raja for a collaboration? Pray tell me, why would/should Rahman do that? No Rahman fan would want this collaboration either. They are both doing good for themselves as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had put " outstanding " , Your ego would have got satisfied may be !!

Well. I had also mentioned above that IR is the champion in orchestration even while U R coming out with an emotional outburst ! And IR doesnt need my certification on his greatness . Otherwise, nobody can survive for 1000 movies and 5 decades !

Look. Let me reiterate that IR is indeed a champ in orchestration but it doesnt mean that ARR is by no means , an inferior guy on orchestration !

U may worship your Lord but give recognition to other talents too.

And talking on orchestration, IR is very strong on Violin section which ARR also matches .

Hope U have heard the Violin interludes of Kandu konden song . Just awesome and one of its kind !

5. Likes sudhakarg liked this post
    Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ir-msv

The IR // MSV combo worked well fundamentally because IR was also a fan of MSV. He openly admits to his tunes being influenced by MSV "Anna". IR holds MSV in the highest pedestal. Not sure if Rahman shares the same feelings. May be I'm harping on something that happened too long ago.., but I recollect a Rahman interview where the interviewer asked "illaiyaraajavidam ungaLukku pidichcha vishayam".., and then he answering "Punctuality"!!. When he was pressed hard to state one song he liked, he mentioned "ingi iduppazhaga". Based purely on the public image, I think their respective competitive instincts takes over precedence in their relationship.

Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Rahman and Orchestration - news to me.

// IR is very strong on Violin section which ARR also matches //
    IR's string section orchestration is being compared with ARR that too a statement like he can match IR.
    Last edited by hmohan; 2nd April 2015 at 07:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irene Hastings View Post
    If I had put " outstanding " , Your ego would have got satisfied may be !!

Well. I had also mentioned above that IR is the champion in orchestration even while U R coming out with an emotional outburst ! And IR doesnt need my certification on his greatness . Otherwise, nobody can survive for 1000 movies and 5 decades !

Look. Let me reiterate that IR is indeed a champ in orchestration but it doesnt mean that ARR is by no means , an inferior guy on orchestration !

U may worship your Lord but give recognition to other talents too.

And talking on orchestration, IR is very strong on Violin section which ARR also matches .

Hope U have heard the Violin interludes of Kandu konden song . Just awesome and one of its kind !
    சுத்தம். உங்களது சென்றபதிவில் இரண்டு நபர்களையும் ஒரே குடையில் சொன்னதுபோலவே இங்கே வயலின் விஷயத்திலும். நல்லாயிருக்கு சார் ஒங்களோட இசை கேட்கும் அனுபவமும், மதிப்பீடும். இனி நான் உங்களோடு இந்த விஷயத்தில் உரையாடுவது நேரவிரயம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    Gosh, this is too much. So anyone posting in this thread has to qualify their statements with an introduction that Raja is the king of music and the rest are all useless? Irene's comment was innocuous and I am fairly certain he didn't mean any disrespect to Raja. Raja may be king of music to you (and million others, me included, probably Irene too) but that doesn't mean everyone should hold that opinion and disrespect (or at least put down) every other composer.

And what about your inane post that Rahman should request Raja for a collaboration? Pray tell me, why would/should Rahman do that? No Rahman fan would want this collaboration either. They are both doing good for themselves as is.
    எனக்கு மற்றவர்கள் எப்படி நினைத்துக் கொள்வார்கள் என்பதில் கவனமில்லை. என் அகராதியில் ஒரு இளையவர் ஒரு மூத்தவரை அணுகுவதுதான் சரியெனப் பட்டது. மேலும் எதிர்காலத்தில் இருவரும் இணைவது என்பது ஒரு கற்பனை மற்றும் விருப்பம். அதன் அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமே பதிவுகள் ஆரம்பித்ததால் நான் எனது கருத்தினை அவ்வாறு வைத்தேன்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 2nd April 2015 at 07:51 PM.

Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the argument sake what is the problem in collaborating if two people are strong in one area ?
    Now that IR is great in Orchestration does not mean that he is any less in giving tunes. If at all if Rahman is good in so called string section or Orchestration let him take care of the orchestration and IR handle the tunes or let them make some instrumental album

Post Thanks / Like
    இரு இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் இணைவது, அதையொட்டிய நமது கற்பனைகளோடு மட்டுமே நிறுத்திக் கொள்வோம். திறமைகளை, எட்டிய உயரங்களை பற்றி பலமுறை உரையாடல் நடத்தி விட்டாகிவிட்டது. அப்படி உங்களுக்கு உண்மையிலேயே ஒவ்வொருவரையும் ஒப்பிட்டு உங்கள் ஆசையை தீர்த்துக் கொள்ளவேண்டும் என்றால், இசையமைப்பாளர்களை ஆழ உணர்ந்து, பலரது கேட்கும் அனுபவங்களை உள்வாங்கி முடிவுக்கு வரவும். ராஜாவின் இசைஆளுமைகளைப் பற்றி திரு ரவி நடராஜன் இணையத்தில் பலப்பல செறிவான கட்டுரைகளை பதித்திருக்கிறார். "ஏன் இன்னொரு இளையராஜா இனி உருவாகவேப் போவதில்லை!" என்ற தலைப்பில் அமைந்த பதிவுகளில் முடிவுரையாக இளையராஜாவை Great Lakeகுடன் மிக அழகாக ஒப்பிட்டு இசை சூழ்நிலையியல் பற்றி எழுதியிருக்கிறார்.

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/2014/...ilayaraja.html

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    எனக்கு மற்றவர்கள் எப்படி நினைத்துக் கொள்வார்கள் என்பதில் கவனமில்லை. என் அகராதியில் ஒரு இளையவர் ஒரு மூத்தவரை அணுகுவதுதான் சரியெனப் பட்டது. மேலும் எதிர்காலத்தில் இருவரும் இணைவது என்பது ஒரு கற்பனை மற்றும் விருப்பம். அதன் அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமே பதிவுகள் ஆரம்பித்ததால் நான் எனது கருத்தினை அவ்வாறு வைத்தேன்.
    மற்றவர்கள் என்ன நினைத்து கொள்வார்கள் என்பதில் கவனம் செலுத்தி இங்கே பதிவிடுதல் சரியான விவாதங்களுக்கு வழிவகுக்காது. ஐரீனும் மற்றவர்கள் என்ன நினைப்பார்கள் என்று நினைத்து பதிவிடவில்லை. ஆனால் நீங்கள் அவர் என்ன கூறியிருக்க வேண்டும் என்று கூறுவதுதான் பிரச்சனையே.

இளையவர்கள் மூத்தவர்களை அணுக வேண்டும் என்பது சரிதான். ஆனால் அதற்கான அவசியம் என்ன வந்தது? உங்களது விருப்பம் அது என்றால் சரி. அது போல் மற்றவர்களும் அவர்களது விருப்பத்தையும் கருத்தையும் தெரிவிக்கின்றனர். இதில் என்ன பிரச்சனை?

ரவி நடராஜன் எழுதிய பதிவை இங்கே குறிப்பிட்டதற்கு நன்றி. ஆனால் யார் இந்த ரவி நடராஜன்? இவர் நினைப்பது அனைவருக்கும் பொருந்துமா? இசையை ஏதாவது அளவுகோல் கொண்டு அளப்பதே என்னை பொறுத்தவரை அநாகரீகம். அதற்காக அமைப்பது அல்ல இசை. ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் ஒவ்வொரு இசை வடிவம் பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கும். ஐரீனுக்கு "கண்டுகொண்டேன்" பாடல் பிடித்திருக்கிறது. அவரது பார்வையில் அது ஒரு சிறந்த இசை கோர்வையாக படுகிறது. உங்களுக்கு படவில்லை என்றால் மகிழ்ச்சி. அதற்கு ஏன் அவரது இசை கேட்கும் அனுபவத்தை விமர்சிக்க வேண்டும்?

வாலி ரங்கராஜனாக இருந்து வெல்ல இயலாமல் ஊர் செல்ல எத்தனித்த போது "மயக்கமா கலக்கமா" பாட்டை கேட்டாராம். அதன் பிறகு முடிவை மாற்றி பிறகு வென்றாராம். வள்ளுவனை படிக்காதவர் அல்ல வாலி. வள்ளுவன் கூறாததையா கண்ணதாசன் கூறிவிட்டான்? அந்த நேரத்தில் அது ஒரு பாதிப்பை அவருக்கு ஏற்படுத்தியிருந்தது. அதனால் அதுதான் சிறந்த பாடல் என்று அர்த்தமில்லை. ஏனென்றால் அனைவருக்கும் அந்த பாதிப்பை அந்த பாடல் ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்க வேண்டியதுமில்லை.

எத்தனையோ சிறந்த இசை கோர்வைகளை இளையராஜா இசையமைத்திருந்தாலும், எனக்குள் ஒரு பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தி இன்று வரை என்னை கட்டிப்போட்டிருப்பது "இதயம்" திரைப்படத்தின் இசைதான். இசையை விரும்பி கேட்க ஆரம்பித்த காலத்தில் கேட்டதினால் இருக்கலாம். அப்போது எனது வயது காரனமாக இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் எனக்கு அதுதான் மிகவும் பிடித்தது. இந்த அனுபவத்தை எல்லாம் விளக்க முடியுமா? இதனால் தான் இசையை அளக்க முடியாது, அளக்க வேண்டிய அவசியமில்லை என்கிறேன். அதனால் எனது இசை கேட்கும் அனுபவத்தை விமர்சிப்பது, மன்னிக்கவும், நாகரீகமல்ல*.

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast