Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole Shamitabh team meet... most of the talking done by Balki, and rightfully so

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    More details on national anthem song (orchestration) by IR. It seems both IR and Amitabh will be singing it along with other artists and will be broadcasted on leading tv channels on 26th of Jan.

"...“We have made changes neither in the tune nor in the pronunciation of the anthem. Ilaiyaraaja knows better that he shouldn’t tamper with them. The only change is that it would be appearing in Ilaiyaraaja’s music and would be sung jointly by Ilaiyaraaja and Amitabh Bachchan. It’s my dream to record this song in Ilaiyaraaja’s recording studio which has given thousands of melodies over the past many decades,” concludes Balki."

http://www.newdelhitimes.com/ilayara...nal-anthem123/

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    "...“We have made changes neither in the tune nor in the pronunciation of the anthem. Ilaiyaraaja knows better that he shouldn’t tamper with them. The only change is that it would be appearing in Ilaiyaraaja’s music and would be sung jointly by Ilaiyaraaja and Amitabh Bachchan. It’s my dream to record this song in Ilaiyaraaja’s recording studio which has given thousands of melodies over the past many decades,” concludes Balki."
    Very good and a different thought, Balki. I can't wait to see how the national anthem layers on top of Raja sir's sounds.

thanks for sharing krishnan.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    "...“We have made changes neither in the tune nor in the pronunciation of the anthem. Ilaiyaraaja knows better that he shouldn’t tamper with them. The only change is that it would be appearing in Ilaiyaraaja’s music and would be sung jointly by Ilaiyaraaja and Amitabh Bachchan.

One can come up with different tunes and such to suit the latest generations taste like VM by ARR etc, however, when it comes to a traditional piece with historical significance, I think there is no better person than IR to understand the true value and respect it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone hear about this project? Looks like a shelved one reopened now.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/ente...cle2605053.ece

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link says Dhanush will be crooning some hits of IR (during IR's felicitation f. I am not sure about onstage/live singing capabilities of Dhanush. I hope, even if messes up something, it is minimal.

http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/enter...w/45933617.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sivasub View Post

You have also worked with Rajinikanth?
    He is a wonderful director. He is a fantastic screenplay writer. He is actually very good at that also, but his career is totally different. I once said to him, 'Why don't you write a script for yourself? You can write so well.' He said, 'Swamy, that is different Swamy.'

yenakku oru doubtu - indha badhil andha kelivikku thaanaa ? Rajini wonderful director aa? avaru direct panna padam yeppa release aanadhu ? naan paakkavella!

IR - neer oru puriyaadha pudhir!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    is he talking about movie Valli?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இதுல என்னங்க டவுட்.. இவ்வளவு காலம் சினிமாவில் குப்பை கொட்டினால் எல்லோருமே இயக்குனர்கள்தான். சிவாஜி, எம்.ஜி.ஆர், கமல், ரஜினி போன்றவர்கள் கதை-திரைக்கதை-பாடல் உருவாக்கம் வடிவத்திலேயே பங்குக் கொண்டு தங்களுக்குத் தேவையான அளவு படத்தின் போக்கை அமைத்துக் கொள்வார்கள். நாளாக நாளாக இயக்கம் என்பது தானாகவே கிரகித்துக் கொள்ளக் கூடிய ஒன்றாக மாறிவிடும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast