Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    valli or not - IR's answers are weird - they are that way because the interviewer has no clue what to ask and how to ask!
    the questions are like asking 'what did you eat for breakfast today?''what did you eat last night?'
    sappa questions
    Last edited by irir123; 20th January 2015 at 08:33 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    இதுல என்னங்க டவுட்.. இவ்வளவு காலம் சினிமாவில் குப்பை கொட்டினால் எல்லோருமே இயக்குனர்கள்தான். சிவாஜி, எம்.ஜி.ஆர், கமல், ரஜினி போன்றவர்கள் கதை-திரைக்கதை-பாடல் உருவாக்கம் வடிவத்திலேயே பங்குக் கொண்டு தங்களுக்குத் தேவையான அளவு படத்தின் போக்கை அமைத்துக் கொள்வார்கள். நாளாக நாளாக இயக்கம் என்பது தானாகவே கிரகித்துக் கொள்ளக் கூடிய ஒன்றாக மாறிவிடும்.

neenga sonna madhiri IR sollavillai - romba azhuthamaa Rajini oru super directornu sollirukkaar
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on the Mumbai function? Looks like RK attending, KH may attend

http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/feli...ai-032819.html

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

interview

that is one weird interview (TOI) ...
    not sure about this Mumbai function too.. afraid its gonna be yet another "IR is great, greater than great!!" talkfest by KH, RK etc... while I do agree with the sentiments, it is pretty annoying to just bring people on stage and have them say the same thing again and again. Kamal will recite the hey ram story again... Anyway, this is the first time someone new is organizing the function hope it gets structured in a way that has minimal talk and more music.

6. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The so-called celebration function may turn out to be a damp squib, for the following reasons:

1. Balki is doing this event/ promo on a shoe-string budget. So, it's not really a huge show involving thousands of spectators in a large stadium or a venue, open to 'masses'. It's a 'small scale' function held in a star hotel ballroom.

2. He is using this as a promo function for Shamibabh (Funnily enough the music label and production house have already released the songs on Youtube and Gaana.com a week earlier). Of all people, he is getting Dhanush to sing IR's older hits.. really? That's going to generate a greater awareness about IR's vast repertoire amongst the Hindi-speaking journos and news channels invited for the event?

3. These news channels will probably show a 15-second clipping of the 'event' tomorrow. Once again, their focus will be on the actor, not the composer or his music. At the most, they may show a short clip from Sadma, as a sample of IR's music.

I hope I am proven wrong.
    Gowtham Menon, backed by the production house and Sony Music, organised a fabulous event with the release of Nee Thaane En Ponvasantham. Now, a similar event, with a carefully selected set of songs in a variety of Indian languages (and possibly the German song, "Ich Liebe Dich") performed by a live orchestra and prominent singers, with some sound bytes from eminent personalities, would be a true tribute to the man and his music.

PS: Indirectly, people are made to believe that Shamitabh is IR's 1000th film (although Balki has made a clarification), yet no news media is picking up the fact that this feat is rare and has not been achieved by any other MD.

8. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another irritant that I hope will be avoided this time would be Kamal narrating the anecdote about how, "Inji Iduppazhagi" was born and comparing it with "Yeh Dil Diwana Hai". He keeps saying this ad nauseam!

10. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Appears to be bits of pieces of what happened at the event (celebrating IR's 1000 movies) at Mumbai. The first one has some video snippets and the second one has some photos. Dont know if we will get to see the whole event (may not be as elaborate as NEPV .... still).

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing the link, not sure they performed any of his old hits

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Times of India has plenty of photos about the event. Balki and producers have invited known Hindi film artists for the function - Gulzar, Anu Mallik, Bappi Lahiri, singers, etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainmen...gn=WidgetPromo
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45931443.cms
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45963906.cms

I would expect that Maestro be felicitated for this big achievement by South Indian MD Association, presided over by all MDs from South India, especially Mellisai Mannar who currently holds the big record for maximum number of film scores. Rahman was felicitated by all MDs and the South India Association when he bagged the Oscars. Moreover Bala has promised to hold a similar function when his movie's (which is the 1000th edition of Raja) audio will be formally launched.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajsekar View Post
    Times of India has plenty of photos about the event. Balki and producers have invited known Hindi film artists for the function - Gulzar, Anu Mallik, Bappi Lahiri, singers, etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainmen...gn=WidgetPromo
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45931443.cms
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45963906.cms

I would expect that Maestro be felicitated for this big achievement by South Indian MD Association, presided over by all MDs from South India, especially Mellisai Mannar who currently holds the big record for maximum number of film scores. Rahman was felicitated by all MDs and the South India Association when he bagged the Oscars. Moreover Bala has promised to hold a similar function when his movie's (which is the 1000th edition of Raja) audio will be formally launched.
    I think no one submitted any valid proof on paper with the move names listed. Its all propaganda so far by various icons. If you have solid proof, then share with us. Otherwise, Raja is the one and only MD achieves that feet so far.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast