Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got this message circulated to me through my our alumini links.

MAESTRO'S FORTHCOMING NON-FILM MUSIC:
    SWAPPNAM - Classical Bharatanatyam Dance Theatre Production by Mrs.Krithika Subramanian (Bharatanatyam Dancer and Disciple of Smt.Sudharani Raghupathy)>
    Message from Mrs.Krithika Subramanian about SWAPPNAM:
    "Hello, We are working hard to make Swappnam a memorable concert experience for all Ilayaraja fans. The shows will be on Dec 28th premier, Dec 31st second show and Jan 2nd third show. Soon we will be publicizing the event and post it on FB as well. The promos are getting ready. Please attend and enjoy his first ever full length classical production for dance. It will be a great experience. We want the fans to pack the halls and show that Maestro's music rules the world . My husband produced the music as he is a great fan .
    The photo uploaded here was taken during the composing of SWAPPNAM.
    Let us make the show a great success. Of course our primary goal is to make sure the Audio CD is released at the earliest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-ne...new-policy.htm
    ஆயிரம் படங்களுக்கு மேல் இசையமைத்து விட்டார் இளையராஜா. மேலும், இப்போதும் தென்னிந்திய படங்கள் மட்டுமின்றி இந்திப்படங்களுக்கும் பிசியாக இசையமைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.அந்த வகையில் தமிழில் மட்டும் ராஜ ராஜனின் போர்வாள், தாரை தப்பட்டை, போர்க்களத்தில் ஒரு பூ, மூங்கில் காடு, கிடா பூசாரி மகுடி. டூரிங் டாக்கீஸ் மற்றும் மகேந்திரனின் படம் உள்பட 10 படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார். தவிர, அமிதாப்பச்சன், தனுஷ் நடிக்கும் ஷமிதாப் மற்றும் சில கன்னட, தெலுங்கு படங்கள் என இசையமைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

இந்த நிலையில், முன்பு மாதிரி எந்த படமாக இருந்தாலும், கதையை கேட்டதுமே அவர் இசையமைக்க சம்மதம் சொல்வதில்லையாம். அவர்கள் படமாக்கிய வசன காட்சிகளை திரையில் போட்டு பார்த்த பின்னரே அந்த படங்களுக்கு இசையமைப்பதா? வேண்டாமா? என்பதை முடிவெடுக்கிறாராம். இதற்கு காரணம் சில புதுமுக டைரக்டர்களின் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தபோது அதன் காட்சிகள் சரியாக படமாக்கப்படவில்லையாம்.

முக்கியாக, அவருக்கு பின்னணி இசையமைக்க போதுமான இடம் கொடுக்காத அளவுக்கு காட்சிகளில் வசனங்கள் பேசப்பட்டிருந்ததாம். அதெல்லாம் புதுமுக டைரக்டர்களின் படங்களாம். அதனால் இப்போது சில முன்னணி டைரக்டர்களை தவிர, புதியவர்களாக இருந்தால், அவர்களிடம் முதலில் வசன காட்சிகளை படமாக்கி விட்டு வாருங்கள். அதைப்பார்த்து விட்டுத்தான் உங்கள் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைப்பது பற்றி என்னால் முடிவு சொல்ல முடியும் என்று கூறி விடுகிறாராம்.

இது சிலருக்கு அதிர்ச்சியாக இருந்தாலும், அவர் நன்றாக படமாக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காகத்தானே அப்படி சொல்கிறார் என்பதை புரிந்து கொள்ளும் இயக்குனர்கள் இளையராஜாவின் இந்த புதிய கொள்கையை வரவேற்றுள்ளனர்.
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ''பொருளுக்கு அலைந்திடும் பொருளற்ற வாழ்க்கையும் துரத்துதே'' - இளைய ராஜா

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ''பிட்சைப்பாத்திரம் ஏந்தி வந்தேன் ஐயனே,பிண்டம் எனும் எலும்போடு சதை நரம்புதிரமும் அடங்கிய- இளையராஜா circa 1996.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like IR has agreed to score music for an animated movie titled "Punyakoti". The movie is in Sanskrit. It seems the movie will be crowd funded/animated.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumb...tales/15756179

Project website:

http://www.punyakoti.com/

From project website:

"...The movie will also feature a unique musical experiment by the legendary Indian composer, Sri. Ilaiyaraaja."

thanks,

Krishnan

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-ne...new-policy.htm
    இது சிலருக்கு அதிர்ச்சியாக இருந்தாலும், அவர் நன்றாக படமாக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காகத்தானே அப்படி சொல்கிறார் என்பதை புரிந்து கொள்ளும் இயக்குனர்கள் இளையராஜாவின் இந்த புதிய கொள்கையை வரவேற்றுள்ளனர்.
    After seeing Megha, it was clear to me that Raja's approach has to change a bit in order for his music to reach a larger audience. Despite such wonderful songs in Megha - the film bombed in box office. This is contrary to the past where even if the songs were just hummable, films carrying Raja's banner would succeed!! Clearly Tamil Film world has moved on to something else!! . A few things that disappointed me in Megha was that the picturisation was very ordinary - and in some cases like "Jeevane Jeevane" - the song was shredded into multiple pieces & was not even used fully. If such a high class musical like "Megha" could fail in the box office, I'm sure it calls for a changed approach. I hope for Raja's sake, his new approach works better.

8. Likes rajaramsgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raja sir Speaks

Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
    After seeing Megha, it was clear to me that Raja's approach has to change a bit in order for his music to reach a larger audience. Despite such wonderful songs in Megha - the film bombed in box office. This is contrary to the past where even if the songs were just hummable, films carrying Raja's banner would succeed!! Clearly Tamil Film world has moved on to something else!! . A few things that disappointed me in Megha was that the picturisation was very ordinary - and in some cases like "Jeevane Jeevane" - the song was shredded into multiple pieces & was not even used fully. If such a high class musical like "Megha" could fail in the box office, I'm sure it calls for a changed approach. I hope for Raja's sake, his new approach works better.
    Raja would have the record for composing for the maximum number of kuppai films and gave the movie some undeserved reputation with his soulful music......... infact namakku pidicha sila padangale have been rejected by Raja (recently he quoted about Mudhal Mariyaadhai movie and the fact that he did not like it)...........
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhakarg,

Megha is a beautiful tale. The approach is what makes this film quite unique, and IR songs/BGM adds to the needed ambience and provokes the interest. The song in question "Jeevane Jeevane" occurs in 3 vital places. Firstly if you listen to the audio, the opening is jumbled as though its a part of a piece. Thats exactly where you hear it for the first time when he finds out that Megha is missing. Then the second occurence is riveting. It gives the audience a huge experience while watching it. 'Megha Romance' is not like 'boyish-girlish', but something true which the director established with IR musical. So during its second phase, it was really quite real. And finally, in the hospital, the revelation.

IR only can provide the 3 types of emotions - inquietude, feebleness & convalescence - in a single piece of music. The choice of instruments he takes does the magic and he renders exactly what you should hear to get provoked by the visuals. Karthik Rishi has not only convinced his devotion towards IR, but gave him a ground to play his excellence.

A box office sucess depends on various aspects and not just a gossip website report. So I will never be in a position to pronounce/provide any financial trade details. But rest assured that 'Good movies will always Survive'. Megha is a good movie.

For the change you are talking about, I can't comment on it as its your fan-wish.
    But I can tell you this : Where ever you go, which ever place you visit, what ever food you eat, you come home running for the mother's meal.

IR's music is THE Mother's Meal. It can't change neither in its presentation, color, flavour, taste more importantly the love & passion.
    'So Lovely' as it is.
    Last edited by mappi; 14th November 2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

12. Likes rajaramsgi liked this post
    Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Clearly Tamil Film world has moved on to something else!!" Sudharkarg & Mappi have correctly summed up the current state of affairs in Tamil film. Tamil film industry like other regional languages including Hindi is ruled by children of yesteryear stars. It's quite easy for these kids to enter the field unlike the troubles their parents had. Mediocrity is the buzzword. Everything from songs, background score, cinematography, lyrics and direction is dictated by stars and what they like. Unfortunately few yesteryear artists don't seem to retire even after delivering mega flops (I am shocked after listening to the latest audio launch of a big star). In these circumstances, our Maestro is following his own path and decides to choose his projects based on its merits. That's the way to go. Many so called mega stars whose crappy films got a big boost with Raaja's songs seem to have forgotten their early days.

14. Likes rajaramsgi liked this post
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast