Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkkiram - Thanks. We went through this discussion thread in March 2014, when Raaja hit the 1000th milestone. I also listed the comparative number for many MDs in India (copied below from my other thread). I am not belittling either Maestro or Mellissai Mannar's milestones here. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any official records or celebration for MSV's 1000 movie milestone. MSV's Wiki page seem to state that he crossed 1200 movies (including the combined movies with TK Ramamoorthy). Now Raaja and Director Baala too haven't denied the fact that MSV (along with TKR) has composed more than 1100 movies. It will be better for us to wait and see if South Indian Music Directors Association would release some firm numbers before formally announcing Raaja's name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._S._Viswanathan

List of Music Directors with 75+ movies:

- MSV - 1100
    - Ilayaraaja - 1000
    - Chakravarthy - 960+
    - KV Mahadevan is 600
    - Bappi Lahiri - 500
    - Deva - 400+
    - RD Burman - 331+
    - G Devarajan - 300
    - Jerry Amaldev - 300
    - Johnson - 300+
    - Hamsalekha - 300+
    - Shyam - 300+
    - Lakshmikant-Pyarelal - 250+
    - Vidyasagar - 250+
    - AR Rahman - 200+
    - Kalyanji Anandji - 200+
    - Shankar Jaikishan - 171
    - Hemant Kumar - 138
    - MM Keeravani - 140
    - Sankar-Ganesh - 130+
    - V Dakshinamoorthy - 125+
    - Naushad - 100 (maximum number of Platinum, Golden and Silver Jubilee hits)
    - Yuvan Shankar - 100+
    - Himesh Reshammiya, Raj-Koti, D Imman, G Ramesh Naidu, SA Rajkumar - 75+

2. Likes venkkiram liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkkiram - Wikipedia count for MSV appears inflated. The exact filmography of MSV is not an official record, but MSV's official website which is maintained by MSV Fan club members shows the total film count (Tamil & other languages) as 667 (site link copied below). There are several questions in MSV Fan club forum regarding this number and no one has provided the correct answer. Hence our Maestro could be the first musician world-wide to cross 1000 music albums. As I said in the other thread, this is a "Mind Boggling" number to even think about!!!. Raaja is actually a music robot to churn out hits after hits. Thanks to our members "RR" and "mappi" for compiling Raaja's filmography list. It's awesome!!!.

http://www.msvtimes.com/journey/filmography.html

5. Likes venkkiram liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a fan of MSV, I don't think he crossed 1000 films.

IR is not getting world-wide recognition for the fact of 1000 films, is because there is no proper record. Unless the association does something, his achievement will stay within the confines of India.

7. Likes venkkiram liked this post
    Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajsekar View Post
    Venkkiram - Wikipedia count for MSV appears inflated. The exact filmography of MSV is not an official record, but MSV's official website which is maintained by MSV Fan club members shows the total film count (Tamil & other languages) as 667 (site link copied below). There are several questions in MSV Fan club forum regarding this number and no one has provided the correct answer. Hence our Maestro could be the first musician world-wide to cross 1000 music albums. As I said in the other thread, this is a "Mind Boggling" number to even think about!!!. Raaja is actually a music robot to churn out hits after hits. Thanks to our members "RR" and "mappi" for compiling Raaja's filmography list. It's awesome!!!.

http://www.msvtimes.com/journey/filmography.html
    Even if we go by a simple mathematical calculation this can be proven wrong.
    Assuming that MSV was dominating for 15 years and 50 films a year (which is huge number even to assume) it amounts to 750 + another 10 years and 20 films a year which is 200 more and this itself is lesser than 1000 films.
    Highlight is once SPB mentioned in an interview that MSV has done close to 2000 films and even MSV used to tell that he has done around 1200 films. I guess they are assuming that MSV would have done so many films. While Raja crossing a figure of 40 films a year most of the times and being in industry for 40 years he has just touched the figure of 1000 films. So this number will be very difficult for any other MD to even think off.

By the way Raja's 1000 films are only direct films. If we include the dubbed films he has done around 1250 films. This is by all means is a humongous achievement

9. Likes venkkiram liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    a 30 second trailer of Touring Talkies...

Post Thanks / Like
    Amitabh Bachchan singing National Anthem....

Post Thanks / Like
    who recorded it?

http://www.spectralhues.com/entertai...ing-surprises/

The song doesn`t have any background music and it was shot on Saturday at the Tagore monument named Jorasanko Thakurbari. At one of the press conferences, Bachchan said, “We went to music director Adesh Srivastava’s studio in Mumbai who felt it (the anthem) does not require any music.” The decision of including our national anthem in the film was not pre-planned but just taken a few days ago

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Article about Shruti Hassan. Has references to IR. It wrongly credits IR for "Chachi 420".

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertai...w/46050677.cms

"..."This time my father was not involved but Rajini sir was. The tune is a remixed version of a'80s track, Asaiya kathula composed by Raja sir for Johnny which starred Rajini sir in a double role opposite Sridevi. The song was a huge hit back then and it felt special recreating such an iconic song from Tamil cinema 35 years later, for a Hindi film. The tune has been restructured for today by making it more robust and layered," says Shruti...She has the throw and the range and the way she pronounces Sannata is fabulous. No other singer could have pulled off this song, Raja sir was categorical that this was the voice he wanted," he says. The recording was just half a day's work at Ilayaraja's sprawling studio in Chennai which has a series of booths but also a huge hall where you can record with a string quartet. "After recording in matchbox size cubicles, it was wonderful to go back to this old school studio in Chennai and record a song under the baton of my first composer," Shruti smiles. And unlike her earlier song for Tevar, Joganiyan, Sannata was a song right up her alley. "They wanted me to sound like myself. The pitch was high, but within my range. I just had to ensure that I was able to translate Raja sir's vision musically," she says...Swanand points out that you don't need singers and song writer when the hero is mute and his song is silence... Sannata. "It was great fun jamming with Balki and Raja sir who I have worked with earlier in Paa. He's an institution in himself who pays minute attention to words, nuances and tonality. I came up with Piddly because of him. I had started out with the word Alam Ara but he insisted he wanted something small and threw me some Tamil words, one of which was idli from which Piddly came about," informs Swanand..."

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/isai...cy-033011.html

Anyone watched this movie?? just curious to know what he really showed in that...not sure it is worth it discuss SJ Surya movies here, but just because he wanted to gain some attention he used IR-ARR

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend who endured this torture of a movie said, "Thank the dear Lord, this is SAC's last attempt at a movie.

When acts of revenge amount to the villains tricked into drinking urine and eating faeces, you can imagine the quality of this movie! He said the only saving grace was the BGM. How did Ilaiyaraja agree to score music for this Sh"itty (literally) film?"

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast