Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: north karnataka- karalu hindi

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you live napolims445? I hope you don't mind me asking this question.

Thanks !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In USA

I dont mind answering that. But if you dont mind can you tell me why do you want this info?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi napolims445,
    The only reason I asked you that information was to come to your house and eat jolada rotti or atleast learn from you how to do it, I have been craving that for a very long time ) You can send me a PM at sushrani@yahoo.com. I love joladda rotti and yenagai, even my husband loves too. Believe me, I had no other intentions. I'm in OH.

-Regards,
    Khushi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh not a problem....
    i was just curious to know why would someone be interested to know where i lived. i was thinking may be it was my long lost friend..
    untill then why dont u try making them at home..but believe me it takes quite some time to learn to make jolada rotti. to be frank even my mom is not a pro, but she can manage to make tasty jolada rotti in her own method.
    I live in texas. I have never been able to make yennegai and jolada rotti combo here. I make yennegai with chapathi. now since i'm working i do not have the time to try jolada rotti also and i'm still a beginner in jolada rotti . I'm just waiting for my mom 2 be here when i can enjoy those aromas and flavours again..
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    jUST CURIOUS,
    Whats yennegai ?
    how to make it?
    Bhargavi.Raj

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bhargavi,
    here is the link to yennegai- http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/v...er=asc&start=0

yennegai - yenne means oil in kannada and here brinjal is used to make this. A north karanataka speciality made with Jowar rotti- top combo and I feel i'm in heaven when i eat that.

enjoy!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks Napolims.
    Did u get the info abt the gongura plant u wanted?
    Bhargavi.Raj

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nipolims /Bhargavi

I came across the query on this thread and I have one recipe with spinach -tomato . Try it, hope you guys would like it. Its very simple and easy to cook

Spinach -Tomato recipe.

Spinach chopped
    Tomato chopped
    Hing
    Turmeric powder
    Red chilli powder
    Dhaniya powder
    Jeera
    Garlics
    Sesame seeds / Ground nuts (optional)
    Salt

Tuver daal / Moong daal

Quantities you can adjust as per your preference, only thing is proportions of tomato and spinach should be equal.
    Spices and daal quantity can be adjusted as per personal taste and consisitency you want.

PREPERATION METHOD

First cook the tuver daal / Moong daal and mash it to soft consistency. keep aside for a while.

In a kadai heat sufficient quantity of oil, add Jeera , chopped garlic and hing (Sesame seeds / groung nuts optional) , when the garlic starts getting light brown add chopped tomato and chopped spinach .
    To this add dhaniya powder , turmeric powder and red chilli powder .
    Mix all of them and cover the kadai , cook till spinach and tomatoes are fully cooked. You will see oil seperating on the edges.

To this mix in kadai add previously cooked daal and add water to have thick or thin consistency depending on how you want to eat.
    Thicker with roti and bit thinner if you are eating with rice.

At the end add salt as per taste. Allow to heat for some more time . sprinkle chopped coriander on the top when serving.

This is a kind of home dish we cook in maharashtra /karnataka

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    napolims445 ,

Thanks so much for providing the jowar roti recipe . I'll surely try it & let u know the outcome.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome..

Hi napolims
    Tried your version of "stuffed baingan in gravy" today.It was awesome .It's different from the usual recipe using onions,tomatoes.I am pleased cos I could prepare a real yummy dish sans onions,tomatoes.FYI I omitted garlic too and we loved it.
    Thanks a lot and do post more interesting north karnataka recipes when you find time.

Regards
    Sowmya

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast