Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's 1000 Movies - A Celebration!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    நூறு படங்கள் ஓவ்வொரு இரண்டு வருட இடைவெளியில் .....இன்னும் ஒரு நூறு ஆண்டுகள் நீ வாழ வேண்டும்.!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I remember that recently Maestro mentioned that it was the 969th movie at one of the functions about 4 months ago.
    If I have to recall it should be either at Onnayum aattukuttiyum OST release or BM last contribution Thalaimuraigal???? Both these were purely RR/BGS and both were made for very little pennies over a dollar cost to the respective producers.
    After that we probably have 20 odd moves including the ones signed on dotted across 5 languages that he is working. There are some unreleased ones like Megha, Naadi Thudikkuthadi, Happi (Hindi), and couple others that should be prior to the 969# we are referencing right now.

still he is very close to the 1000th mark on the yardstick. I think they like to have publicity calling it 1000th movie to create "hype" which is understandable . we don't have maestro's PR covering these important milestones. btw where is this character nikil Murugan? he is supposed to be working on such aspects considering he is Sangili Murugans son a very close aide of IR.

still I would love to celebrate this mega feat since he would be probably the last composer to accomplish such a milestone. He is a genius and rare phenomena in the music domain.

4. Likes venkkiram liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legend MSV is missing in the list....
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    Hi IR fans and all,

First of all, congratulations! A great achievement indeed.

Common on friends, this calls for special celebrations..!! Pls join me in reminiscing, sharing nostalgia, or just posting your alltime favorites.

As a background and introduction, I'm including the article posted by rajsekar a few days ago in IR News thread..

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh - Mellisai Mannar is still the reigning King. MSV is mentioned in the first para "Maestro needs hundred more soundtracks to equal MSV's crown of 1100 (near approximation based on media reports). I have updated the Music Director's list who have crossed the century mark - added Hamsalekha, Deva, Keeravani, Vidyasagar, Johnson. Please update the list if I may have left out anyone. There are few notable MD's in the 75+ club (Himesh Reshammiya, Raj-Koti, D Imman, G Ramesh Naidu, SA Rajkumar).

- MSV - 1100
    - Chakravarthy - 960+
    - KV Mahadevan is 600
    - Bappi Lahiri - 500
    - Deva - 400+
    - RD Burman - 331+
    - G Devarajan - 300
    - Jerry Amaldev - 300
    - Johnson - 300+
    - Hamsalekha - 300+
    - Shyam - 300+
    - Lakshmikant-Pyarelal - 250+
    - Vidyasagar - 250+
    - Rahman - 200+
    - Kalyanji Anandji - 200+
    - Shankar Jaikishan - 171
    - Hemant Kumar - 138
    - MM Keeravani - 140
    - V Dakshinamoorthy - 125+
    - Naushad - 100 (maximum number of Platinum, Golden and Silver Jubilee hits)
    - Yuvan Shankar - 100+

Post Thanks / Like
    I have managed to list out films worked by IR from 1977 - 2014 :

- 2014 does not include Bala' s and Mahendran's movies but only Oru Orla & Un Samayal Araiyil
    - Eliminated all dubbed versions
    - Included "only BGM" works also [like OA, few Kanada movies etc.,]
    - Excluded vareity albums (eventhough Veedu uses How to Name it ]
    - Other Languages like Bhojpuri or Bengali not included as I don't know or have them
    - Excluded "Not released" or "Yet to Release" movies.

Think I have got closer than expected, but cannot pin point the mile stones as most of the release dates are not known or very tedious to collect.
    Here is the summary :

8 Hindi
    30 Kanada
    77 Malayalam
    742 Tamil
    140 Telugu

Making it a 997 OST of films ! just missing 2 ...

Anyone interested, I can share the 1st version of the list.
    For the landmark film, the year of the film falls exactly inside it, but conclusions may vary as we need Release Dates in our data.

Voil !
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi,

that's a neat piece of work. I'm curious to take a look. why don't you post the file as an attachment so that interested can download? Tks..

Post Thanks / Like

Master List of Maestro_V1 - List of Films composed by IR - upto March 2014

Attachment : Master List of Maestro_V1.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

10. Thanks RR thanked for this post
    Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi,

I can run it thru my sources to fill up the gaps - if it's ok with you..

Post Thanks / Like
    Ofcourse RR, you are more than welcome. If we are able to find the release dates & correct (my) errors in the list, we can bringout the milestone films. I am going to take time in a steady basis to evolve this list :

V1 - Film / year / release date
    V2 - V1 + director / casts / Label / Banner
    V3 - V2 + songs / singers for each film
    V4 - V3 + Ragas

Just an humble request, if the file undergoes any modification, please rename it as 'V1.x' respectively, as we all can follow the current version.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mappi, superb work. Thanks.

Sadma is not a dubbed film, as you've stated. It was remade with an entirely new cast, except the lead actors. Perhaps a few of the Tamil visuals may have been retained (Somayajulu's scenes at the 'ashram'), but largely it remains a remake.

Remember Gulshan Grover as the baddie and Viju Khote as the policeman?

14. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast