Thread: Will 220V preethi mixie work in US with convertor

Hybrid View

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Will 220V preethi mixie work in US with convertor

Hi All, Appreciate some quick clarification. One of our friends is bringing a preethi chefpro plus 5 jar 220 V mixie from india. Would like to know if it would work here with convertor.

Thanks and Regards
    US

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I have a summet mixie 220V which i am using here in US with a convertor and it works well. so i guess preethi would also work well. It is cheaper to buy convertor from india than in US. I bought it in US but my friend got it from india and she says it works good.

Kz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Kz

That was a real quick reply. Thanks so much Kz

Thanks and Regards
    US

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you buy .. think ..?

If you are planning to buy a mixie from India, it might sound to be cheaper. But here is what you should know before you buy -
    1. Using a convertor is not safe at all times.
    2. This also reduces the life of the motor
    3. Motor heats up fast.
    4. Covertors converts the current and not the cycles . so the motor run at a un intended speed that might require frequent service and change the spare parts.
    My suggestion is , you can use a convertor to any equipment if it is a short time use. But if it happens to be a long term use, you better buy the mixie in 110 volts.
    5. More over, the warranty is not good in the USA, if you buy a unit in India. Check this link below for Preethi mixie USA Warranty .
    http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/warranty.html

Few months back I read an article, that the US Customs removed all the mixie jars as it had sharp blades .

I would suggest you to consider my thought, before you buy a mixie from India !

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks gaya3usa for the inputs

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Why bother bringing mixie from India

Why bother bringing from India when Relin megamix is available in North America. The advantage - first of all it is not just 110/120 Volts, it has been designed for right frequency 60HZ instead of 50 HZ, which will bring the right power to the product resulting in better performance. More importantly, any thing brought from India may not meet the safety standards of North America and may have a danger of electric shock or fire hazard. In some of the States, it is a law that electrical appliances should be certified by any recongnized certifying agency like UL or CSA. Relin Megamix is certified for both UL and CSA safety standards - peace of mind for you.

What happens if the mixer brought from India breaks down? Will it have any kind of warranty? Who will service it? Who will have parts? Relin Megamix bought here in North America, has 1 year parts and labour warranty and 3 years motor warranty. After the warranty is over, you can still get it serviced any where you go in North America.

Check this great product out at www.relin.com or call 416-618-9753. :P
    Relin Megamix - The heavy Duty Mixer Grinder now available in North America

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can afford, you should buy 110 V appliances from local distributors and support them. You will get better service. I just dont like misinformation being spread.
    Any 220 V motor will work with 110 V/220V transformer. On a single phase motor, 50 or 60 Hz does not make a difference.
    If you want to save on the transformer and you are electrically handy, you can run 2 wires to the 2 phases of the electrical main panel. You will get 240 V. Make sure you put 240 V outlet. You get them at Home Depot. The motor will run slightly faster but it works. Your house may already have 240 V Outlet. If you see a big Air conditioner, or if your house has electric heat it might be 240 V. The outlet has one pin horizontal and on pin vertical.
    ISI marked indian products are well designed and they are made to UL standards. If they apply, they will get UL.
    Ravi

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ravi, I just tried the same for my panasonic mixer which is 220v i bought. it didn't work.
    I have the cooktop connector that is 240v [+/- 120].

I have the two hot wires (+ and - 120v) connected to cooktop connection as the phase and neutral points to the mixer. The earth was connected separately.

Where did I miss?

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raviss View Post
    If you can afford, you should buy 110 V appliances from local distributors and support them. You will get better service. I just dont like misinformation being spread.
    Any 220 V motor will work with 110 V/220V transformer. On a single phase motor, 50 or 60 Hz does not make a difference.
    If you want to save on the transformer and you are electrically handy, you can run 2 wires to the 2 phases of the electrical main panel. You will get 240 V. Make sure you put 240 V outlet. You get them at Home Depot. The motor will run slightly faster but it works. Your house may already have 240 V Outlet. If you see a big Air conditioner, or if your house has electric heat it might be 240 V. The outlet has one pin horizontal and on pin vertical.
    ISI marked indian products are well designed and they are made to UL standards. If they apply, they will get UL.
    Ravi
    Hi Ravi, I just tried the same for my panasonic mixer which is 220v i bought. it didn't work.
    I have the cooktop connector that is 240v [+/- 120].

I have the two hot wires (+ and - 120v) connected to cooktop connection as the phase and neutral points to the mixer. The earth was connected separately.

Where did I miss? my earth and neutral are grounded to the same point at mains

Post Thanks / Like

Preethi Mixie * FREE Shipping *

Preethi Mixie distinguishes for its non-compromising quality, durability and trouble free performance

Preethi looks Elegant, Sleek and adds beauty to your kitchen.
    Preethi comes with 5 multiple size jars to meet all your grinding needs, PLUS Grind, Serve and Store convenience : compared to any other mixie in the market today !!

Preethi Mixie comes with 550 watts powerful motor with DYNA COOL built-in feature, that does not let the motor heat up, even under the toughest job. This indeed helps to increase the life of the motor.

Salem Stainless steel jars,blades are provided for best quality - 100% rust proof !

** We do offer FREE Shipping !! **

1 year Warranty + 3 Year Warranty on Motor
    Even after the warranty period, if you still require any spare parts you are eligible for 40% ~ 60% discount, when you buy directly from the Distributor.

For more information visit our website :
    http://www.perfectpeninsula.com
    OR Call Customer Service at 972.691.0686
    - Quality Products & Best Customer Service -