View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 270 of 311 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    " A NEW PROFOUND LOVE FOR AJITH AND GAUTHAM MENON ... "

By Anita @AnitaRaghuraman

How can a classy cop go down to the road and dance for a peppy number? How can an elegant gentleman use profanity with such style and ease? How can a dancer look so beautiful in a simple saree with a big round bindhi? Yes, it can happen in Gautham Menon's Yennai Arindhaal. While all my colleagues went ga-ga about using a ‘mass’ hero in Gautham Menon’s film and how they were waiting for its release, I kept calm and waited for the storm. It was a direct hit; right on my face. I sat in the theater amidst all the howls and screams stunned, for giving us Ajith as Sathyadev who you would fall in love with. Not a single movement, I consumed the film frame by frame without a blink. I experienced a new profound love for Ajith and Gautham Menon. I have defragmented the film to my understanding.

Ajith vs Sathyadev

With a bucket of ‘mass’ films like Kaththi, Lingaa, ‘I’ and now Yennai Arindhaal, most people watched them for its star value. To me Yennai Arindhaal was all about Sathyadev and not Ajith. Gautham Menon has taken out the mass factor in Ajith and gave him the Sathyadev mask. And without a doubt Ajith was the perfect fit. Well, this is how a film should be taken. A director should want to fit in a hero/actor in the lead role in his script rather than write a script for the hero/mass factor. Only Ajith could do the perfect Sathyadev. Be it using abusive words (though it was muted, lip movement says it all) or wearing those classy white shirts on khaki pants or confessing his love or enacting a caring father or dancing for a ‘kuthu’ song, such multifaceted elegance and effortless performance can’t be found in any other actor. Sathyadev definitely marks a new Ajith to all his fans.

GVM’s touch

When it is a love story there is a trademark that GVM makes the best use of. Although Yennai Arindhaal consisted almost a mix of Kaakka Kaakka and Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu and the story was very predictable from the beginning, those sparkling moments of action sequences, the much-needed and well-fitted song breaks and all his characters make the film a definite watch (more than once). The story displays human emotions more prominently than just a tough cop fighting to save the world. Here Sathyadev is a poised gentleman and a classy cop who falls in love just like any other person from an upper middle class segment.

Portrayal of women in GVM’s films is something that I always look for. Though Trisha comes in just for a few minutes in the film, she depicts an independent and a single mother whose other half is her daughter. Beauty in the eyes of God, purity in her nature and serenity in her looks, Trisha steals the first half of the movie as she took Hemanika to the heights of Jessie from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya. Anushka Shetty plays another independent single woman who falls in love with Sathyadev at first sight! Can it still happen? ( the love at first sight). In GVM’s film, it can, in the most convincing way.

The most sought after villain

A lost talent redeemed himself and regained some momentum with his performance here. This was Victor played by Arun Vijay at par excellence. One thing about Victor in Yennai Arindhaal is that, he looks as classy, angry and fierce as Sathyadev. His high energy performance in the last 30 minutes stole the show and that intensity was needed. The phone sequence for 5 minutes where Sathyadev and Victor talk (in split screen), showcases his unknown performance facet in a brilliant way. Be it the stunt sequence or showcasing his love interest, Arun Vijay deserved the much-needed appreciation.

Expectations fulfilled?

I watched this film as a neutral audience. To me this film brings back the Ajith of yore from performance based movies like Vaali, Villain, and Citizen, he was a class apart to take a script like this after Arrambam and Veeram, and it is a daring move. In Harris’ music composition, the songs and BGM were very apt. The background score not once looked like it was propelled into the film, but it blended in the film with an urban and contemporary touch.

Though Yennai Arindhaal is a predictable feast for GVM’s crowd, watch it for the long lost Ajith who is there in every frame of the film but not once does he bore you. Watch it for the emotional connect with the silver screen that you have longed. Watch it for the union of brilliant performers, contemporary storytelling and newfangled love interests.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...ham-menon.html

2. Likes rachel liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw GVM interview with Madhan in Pudhuyugam channel. He revealed that Victor as a teenager is also at the hotel where Sathya's father is killed. Seeing the fear the shooter (Daniel Balaji) instills in the hotel owner he decides to become a gangster. The same incident creates both Sathya and Victor. GVM said that this is revealed later in the film in the uncut international version. For those who saw the film outside India....are these scenes there? I guess not and might be added after a few days as GVM said in an earlier interview.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Saw GVM interview with Madhan in Pudhuyugam channel. He revealed that Victor as a teenager is also at the hotel where Sathya's father is killed. Seeing the fear the shooter (Daniel Balaji) instills in the hotel owner he decides to become a gangster. The same incident creates both Sathya and Victor. GVM said that this is revealed later in the film in the uncut international version. For those who saw the film outside India....are these scenes there? I guess not and might be added after a few days as GVM said in an earlier interview.
    What you guys don't have that scene ?? yes he was seen in that hotel as a cleaner, one incident creates 2 different characters, Kottukku antha pakkam onnu Intha pakkam onnu

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish GVM reduce Anushka's coffeteaarea dialogues scene and add some gangster scenes when he release it in Telugu.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    What you guys don't have that scene ?? yes he was seen in that hotel as a cleaner, one incident creates 2 different characters, Kottukku antha pakkam onnu Intha pakkam onnu
    I think it is not there....am also slightly doubtful whether I missed it. But looks like it is not there in the Indian version.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah i heard that the weather spoiled the party
    Yes. 72 hours of snow started. Pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Karnataka Boxoffice @KABoxoffice

Yennai arindhaal 3 days 2,19,00,530/- collection " Net ".

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is not there....am also slightly doubtful whether I missed it. But looks like it is not there in the Indian version.
    The scene comes towards the end when the voice over changed to Victor, the small and the only twist in the film

11. Thanks uruzalari thanked for this post
    Member Junior Hubber balakumar86's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched in the Netherlands, and yeah those scenes were there, shown as inter-cut flashbacks. Very similar to the inter-cut flashbacks shown while Victor runs in slow-mo towards climax.
    [At office, on Feb 5th]
    Boss: Done with coding?
    Me: YA
    B: Done with testing?
    M: YA
    B: Done with deployment?
    B: What ya ya ya?

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish GVM reduce Anushka's coffeteaarea dialogues scene

Pallathil oru yannai vizhunthalum, athan ullathai vizhithi vida miduyathu
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India