View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 166 of 311 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adhaaru Adhaaru

Singer(s): Vijay Prakash, Gana Bala

Idhayathai Yedho Ondru

Singer(s): Chinmayi

Maya Bazaar - nice
    Singer(s): Aalap Raju, Priya Subramanian, Velmurugan

Mazhai Vara Pogudhae - for karthik's voice
    Singer(s): Karthik, Emcee Jezz

Unakkenna Venum Sollu
    Singer(s): Benny Dayal, Mahathi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    #YennaiArindhaal Overseas Distribution: Australia/
    NZ - #MKS UK - #Ayngaran USA - @ATMUSent & #
    Hyperbees South Africa - #PrabhuNepal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes mappi, rachel liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    Cool still... Most part of YA, he would come in simple get ups I think..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes leosimha, ArulprakasH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Likes leosimha, mappi, ArulprakasH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sri Lankan fans help Ajith beat MGR by 20 feet

80 feet cut-out for Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal

Ajith Kumar’s fans in Colombo have made him beat the late and legendary MGR by ’20 feet’ by erecting an 80-feet high cut-out of the actor to publicize the latter’s upcoming film Yennai Arindhaal which is set for a worldwide release on 29th January.

Gautham Vasudev Menon is directing Ajith for the first time in the film which has Trisha and Anushka as the two heroines in it. Ajith’s fans were hoping for the film to release on Pongal, a ‘big day’ as far as Tamil films and fans are concerned. However, some last minute hiccups have ensured that the film won’t release on Pongal but some days later on 29th January.

Unfazed by the delay, fans of Ajith in Colombo are gearing up big time to welcome the film in the Island Nation. With more than two weeks to go for the film’s release, they have already erected a huge, 80-feet high cut-out of Ajith Kumar at a premier theatre where the film is likely to be released.

Fans of MGR had erected a 4-feet high cut-out for him years back. Ajith’s fans beat the record by putting up a 58-feet long cut-out at the time of release of Ajith’s Veeram last year. This time, though, they have bettered their own record by erecting an 80-feet cut-out to mark the release of Yennai Arindhaal!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhal (YA) Songs

Composed & Complied by Harris Jayaraj (HJ)
    Lyrics : Thamarai (Vignesh Shivan for 1 song)
    Idea : Gautham Vasudevan Menon (GVM)
    For : Ajith Starrer

Genre : Variety (Electro-Ambient, Techno-House, Dubstep)

"I don't know who I am, but I know who I'm not" - Yennai Arindhal.

After listening to songs of YA for about a week, I am convinced with the work done by HJ. Eventhough the wait was long, HJ delivers this time. GVM & Thamarai's effort are quite well put into use by HJ, by producing different sounds and projecting the needed elevation for Ajith. It’s always a wonder for me to detect whether anything done for Ajith is awesome or anything done with Ajith is awesome. Lately I used this sentence only for Rajini, don't mistake me for comparing, more than the worth, Ajith merits it.

Harris Jayaraj never fails to include all our favorite tunes in this album too. So it gets an instant second listening, before the HJ format slowly takes its place. It is nothing like listening the songs on a hi-fi audio system, as YouTube and MP3s does not do any justice to the recording crispness done by HJ & team. Apart from the trademark HJ beats and chorus, his experimentation to create an ambient electro music with slow beats, coupled with funky techno rhythms and adding, this time not industrial but a Dubstep. Curious mixture and I would say he has largely succeeded, but he would have made even bigger if he had produced more original melodies/bass beats. Nevertheless, the assembly is wonderful. Assisting him are the wonderful lyrics and GVM's command, keeping in mind the 'Ajith persona'.

1/ Idhayathai Yedho Ondru
    Singer : Chinmayi

Quite difficult to pick, but when it comes to picking, you got to pick the one, considering it’s the best from the lot of the best. "Idhayathai Yedho Ondru" (female vocals) is so beautiful. The awesome part are the lyrics:

Ennaku Enna Vendum Endru
    Oru Vaarthai Kelu Nindru
    Ini Neeyum Naanum Ondru
    Ena Sollum Naalum Endru

Fabulous use of the word 'Endru'. HJ kept it quite low, slowly allowing the vocal and the tune to battle it out to conquer the ears.

2/ Unakkenna Venum Sollu

Singer : Benny Dayal, Mahathi

Not an remix or recycle, even though the tune gets already introduced/familiar, it’s the theme the lyrics takes and Ajith factor that makes this song sound like another new listen. Stuck somewhere between a lullaby and melody, HJ throws in the curves that projects a fatherly love and patience.

Duruvangal pol neelum idaiveli andru
    Tholgalil un moochu elaigiradhindru ... Thana na thana namtham
    ... Devine. All Appas Vazhga !

The 2nd occurrence of the thematic lines and the closing of the song are marvelous.

3/ Yaen Ennai
    Singer : Sunitha Sarathy & Kharesma Ravichandran

Funny this song reminded me of Twisted Transistor by Korn. Someone who had listened to both songs and paid enough attention, they will get what I mean. Anyway, this song is the unusual twin to 'Idhayathai Yedho Ondru', this being the one with the mole on its face. Both speak about the admiration of a girl towards a man. HJ separates their romance thru his music and Thamarai makes sure we get the right difference by embedding different words according to the thoughts of distinct females. There is an awesome Jazz inside which makes this song simply lovely.

Extension :
    The 2 songs talk about romance from a female POV. The beauty is how GVM / Thamarai / HJ differentiate it.

Idhayathai Yedho Ondru : Its more mature and the lady is simply awed by this gentleman. It’s a developed romance where she is trying to perfect it. She dreams about the fully grown love inside her for him and imagines cultured and cultivated affection towards him with respect to the age. The lyrics suit the description - what if a settled lady talks her heart out : Idhayam, 'Ithuvarai Ithupola Naanum Illaye', 'Irupathu Oru Manathu, Ithuvarai Athu Enathu', 'Malargalai Alli Vanthu, Mugilvudan Kaiyil Thanthu' ... etc., everything pointing to the heart’s intention.

Yaen Ennai : Its more towards infatuation, where the physical needs are the core necessity, au contraire to its twin song. It’s almost inexperienced & incomplete where the girl in love is unprepared in her desires. So the lyrics follow the same pattern by including 'Hand', 'Kichi Kichi', 'Kai Viralgal Korthu', also touch of the breeze and melt of the ice ... so on so forth, everything pointing to a physical attention.

I thought these two songs were well made by GVM & Team. I have no doubt about the 2 dames giving their best too.

4/ Maya Bazaar
    Singer : Aalap Raju, Priya Subramanian, Velmurugan, Krishna Iyer

The name 'Maya Bazzar' should put this song on top of the list, as Maya Bazzar is my all time favorite movie. It also has parts of lyrics and tunes from the classic. Again HJ does a deadly mixture of providing the ears to taste different sounds/genres one by one, which always make one think 'this one is too good' each time. This song hits you like a wave.

5/ Adharu Adharu
    Singer : Gnana Bala, Vijay Prakash
    Lyrics : Vignesh Shivan

Song features 'awesome' Gnana Bala. This song reminded me a lot one of my favorites from ‘Antha Oru Nimidam’. HJ tries hard to accommodate the beats (nalla eraki kuthi irrukapla), and he has achieved it in style.

Vijay Prakash : Bigulu Adichu Ragala seiya Neeyum Readya
    Gana Bala : ... Machi ... Colarathaan Thookamale Aadavariya
    Awesome !

6/ Yennai Arindhal
    Singer : Devan Ekambaram, Mark Thomas, Abhishek

Another song that allows the hero to remind everybody that he is the Hero - clue - the title of the film features in this song. So, apart from scaring the bad guys thru the lyrics, HJ's turn is to give something unique which will mingle well, both as a single as well as a theme. Plus HJ has brought a wagon of heroism thru this song. Inclusion of James Bond-ish elements were top notch. And particularly the sounds he has come up with are catchy. Hats-off HJ. This song should be an instant favorite to fans as it has both the pulse and punch in it.

'Kann Paarthu Paesa Pazhaghu' => speaks volume

7/ Mazhai Vara Pogudhae
    Singer : Karthik, Emcee Jezz

This song, I like to call it the 'Girls Favorite'. A typical HJ song which he makes sure to put in each of his album. And the girls would go like 'A wonderful song to hear when you go on a long drive'. Once I asked 'What drive?' - They always end up saying some street name near Besant Nagar beach or ECR Road. I often reply, 'indeed a wonderful Long Drive'. Well, not my kind of song where the beats are there to stay even after the song is over too and their main purpose is to puncture your ears. But, yes, this song will reach many 'long drive' lovers. I just listened to it a couple of times, so I stop whining about it.

YA is a wholesome and welcome album. Fresh and energetic which certainly hooks a curiosity to watch the film. Apart from GVM / HJ styled marks, it also holds Ajith's favorites – friendship and Shiva - including his new found word 'Thangame'.

Yennai Arindhaal - Lyrical Musicland
    Last edited by mappi; 8th January 2015 at 04:46 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

13. Likes rachel, ArulprakasH liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Sri Lankan fans help Ajith beat MGR by 20 feet

80 feet cut-out for Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal
    ada Rama... ankkeyum arambichtangala ... Nadu villangum.
    Tribute to Hero’s who gave their lives so that their brothers and sisters, wherever they may live - yes, wherever they may live - may live with dignity and in freedom. *November 27th Remembrance day *

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

16. Likes rachel, ALWAR_AJITH liked this post