View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 266 of 311 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Post Thanks / Like
    VAsool Mannan After Super Star Rajinikanth -- Malaimalar.
    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs."

2. Likes rachel liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it. Instant like and it will shatter thala's earlier movie records.This is seriously the best to come from Ajith. detailed review later
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another top moment from YA movie...

Sathyadev comes in as Auto Driver (reminding Kadhal Kottai) to nab the criminal.....another auto driver asking Sathyadev who is he to cross and be at the auto stand and the moment when he gives a damn look at the auto driver....the auto driver goes stubborn and salutes when Sathyadev stops him....brilliant nuances.....is GVM setting a benchmark in this movie? oh boy ho
    Last edited by leosimha; 7th February 2015 at 11:42 PM.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done with the second time. This time in Forum Value Mall Inox. 6:45 show full house with full of family audiences. Lot of kids were there too. One kid was even saying Bye Ajith when leaving the hall.

This time during the climax fight I too felt BGM was too loud. But in other places the same was adrenaline pumping like someone mentioned earlier.

I think, I wont get bored watching this movie few more times. Cant believe that one man played the role of contrasting cops as Vinayak Mahadev and Sathyadev...

While typing the above line it flashed in my mind what if Sathyadev chases Vinayak Mahadev? Wouldnt be interesting?
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

7. Likes mappi liked this post
    Member Junior Hubber balakumar86's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    Another top moment from YA movie...

Sathyadev comes in as Auto Driver (reminding Kadhal Kottai) to nab the criminal.....another auto driver asking Sathyadev who is he to cross and be at the auto stand and the moment when he gives a damn look at the auto driver....the auto driver goes stubborn and salutes when Sathyadev stops him....brilliant nuances.....is GVM setting a benchmark in this movie? oh boy ho
    What I miss there is, everybody in the city (including the auto driver) knows he is a cop. And when he goes as under-cover, no villain knows who he is. Even, once Trisha mentions that she watched him on the TV. And I think nobody in the villain group watches TV.
    [At office, on Feb 5th]
    Boss: Done with coding?
    Me: YA
    B: Done with testing?
    M: YA
    B: Done with deployment?
    B: What ya ya ya?

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    going to watch it in 3 hours. Very excited. Waited a long time to take my sisters to a tamil movie.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ShridharR: Saw YA with public. Damn proud. HUGE Ajith fan. All my life I whistled & clapped. Today I was moved. Nobody does it better. Thx Gautham

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it, awesome movie

+ ves
    Ajith
    Arun Vijay
    Trisha, anoushka and the kutty papa and Vivek
    2nd half especially the last 40 minutes
    Songs and cinematography
    Screenplay and GM way of narration. The cops were like cops and senior officials were like senior officials.

Negatives
    First half seemed to be a little tad long, but not boring
    Nasser and Ajith's relationship could have been established stronger

Overall one of the best Ajith movies in recent outings. Hope Ajith selects these types of scripts in future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balakumar86 View Post
    What I miss there is, everybody in the city (including the auto driver) knows he is a cop. And when he goes as under-cover, no villain knows who he is. Even, once Trisha mentions that she watched him on the TV. And I think nobody in the villain group watches TV.
    The answer lies in the timeline of Satya's life otherwise put in Satya's Carrier.

When Satya's dad embraces the fate of Uncle Ben, Satya becomes an IPS as during that time of his father's murder Alex Pandiyan was playing on the TV and thankfully not Spiderman. From here, we are introduced to a dynamic Satya who could be in his late 20's. He is a Ghost, as his own colleagues aka other officials (except GVM ofcoarse - fantastic touch this is) do not know him (ref. 1st time you see Satya in uniform, unshaven). Father Mathew gang may not be his first mission, but certainly its not the last one. At this point in his carrier he is a nobody operating as an annonymous (ref. 1. Scene in the hotel Cabin room where Victor vouches for satya. Ref 2 Father Mathew is careful that he asks Satya to stay with the car). Why only this back story alone is to show us who is Victor.

Then, he is presented as a Police Officier, but he still continues going undercover, but his cover gets blown (narration in the parking garage inbetween the song sequence). This song / its lyrics are a part of the 2 Satya's you see - bearded one and the DCP. So now he is getting famous in the underworld, plus corruption is speaking volumes, he becomes a secret crime branch which handles executions. Its not yet the world know him (ref. scooter chat with his neighbour).

Now is the important part of the time line - He meets Hemanika. He is in charge of reporting, obviously seen thru the media (ref. Hemanika at the court house says she saw him on TV the next day). His task on hand now is not to inflitrate but to take down. In this suituation he is a backup (ref. the phone conversation with his team). So to mingle with the crowd he dresses up as a Auto Driver. The other Auto Driver does not recognise him, but even before his memory re-initialises, Satya's look pulls the strings of his hand to salute.

The 2nd meeting with Hemanika happens after 2 years from their 1st meeting (clue: it was quite obvious). In this spawn of 2 years, Satya has risen to a status that he is no more undercover or executioner but the brains and hands behind operations that he gets visitors to his house (read Golden Raj), plus he has his shining name on a board hung by his door - END of Satya's Curiculum Vitae with a note he is uncorruptable (ref. Nasser at his doorstep).

The time line is tracked thru the various facial hair Satya ports - unshaven, thick mustach, trimmed mustach ... you could not have missed the others. Enormous work has been done to perfect the time line through his looks. From Ajith part he does it with his voice.

So how is the title concerned in this short episode - Yennai Arindhal to the villans moment + the realisation of Satya - Power & Strenght he has - he simply is the Ruler now, that even a threat to his empire is the dust in the wind. He realises many other 'self' during the coarse of the movie, which I may cover later.
    Last edited by mappi; 8th February 2015 at 04:59 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

13. Likes leosimha, balakumar86 liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakthii View Post
    Hats off to the whole team. A job well executed.

Could anyone point out who is who from this picture please. I would like to put a name to the face I am seeing. Thanks.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India