Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My first short film.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Bah! are you seriously listening to yourselves speaking?!

ஒரு பொண்ணு மனசு இன்னொரு பொண்ணுக்குதாம்மா தெரியும்?!
    Men are always pretending like THEY UNDERSTOOD women as well. They are stupid if they think so!
    Last edited by thamiz; 11th February 2014 at 05:00 AM.
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சரி "வெள்ளி வீதியார்" - பெண்தான்!

நற்றிணை 335

நெய்தல் திணை

நற்றிணை 335, வெள்ளிவீதியார், நெய்தல் திணை - தலைவி சொன்னது

திங்களும் திகழ் வான் ஏர்தரும் இமிழ் நீர்ப்
    பொங்கு திரைப் புணரியும் பாடு ஓவாதே
    ஒலி சிறந்து ஓதமும் பெயரும் மலி புனற்
    பல் பூங் கானல் முள் இலைத் தாழை
    சோறு சொரி குடையின் கூம்பு முகை அவிழ
    வளி பரந்து ஊட்டும் விளிவு இல் நாற்றமொடு
    மை இரும் பனைமிசைப் பைதல உயவும்
    அன்றிலும் என்புற நரலும் அன்றி
    விரல் கவர்ந்து உழந்த கவர்வின் நல் யாழ்
    யாமம் உய்யாமை நின்றன்று
    காமம் பெரிதே களைஞரோ இலரே.

The bright moon rises to the sky,
    and the swelling ocean’s waves
    hit the shores relentlessly with loud noises.
    In the groves with many flowers
    the thorny-leaved screwpines open their tight buds
    like vessels that pour out rice,
    and the wind spreads its undying fragrance.
    The black ibis on top of the big dark palmyra tree
    cries in pain and distress without a pause,
    and it is bone chilling.
    A fine lute is stroked all night with no break,
    and I do not wish to survive.
    The music is sad.
    My desire is great and my lover is not here to heal.

திங்களும் திகழ் – splendid moon, வான் ஏர்தரும் – rising on the sky, இமிழ் நீர்ப் – flowing water, பொங்கு திரைப் – abundant waves, புணரி யும் – ocean also, பாடு ஓவாதே – sound doesn’t stop, ஒலி சிறந்து – with loud noises, ஓதமும் – flooding waters, பெயரும் – move, மலி புனல் – abundant waters, பல் பூங் கானல் – grove with many flowers, முள் இலைத் தாழை – thorny leaved thāzhai, சோறு சொரி – pouring rice, குடையின் – vessel, கூம்பு முகை அவிழ – opening its tight buds, வளி – wind, பரந்து – spreads, ஊட்டும் – pour, விளிவு இல் நாற்றமொடு – undying fragrance, மை இரும் பனை – dark big palmyrah palm trees, மிசை – above, பைதல – sadness, உயவும் – in distress, அன்றிலும் – anril bird, என்புற – bones, நரலும் அன்றி -without stopping the noise, விரல் கவர்ந்து – stroke (strings) with fingers, உழந்த – sadness, கவர்வின் – desirable, நல் யாழ் – good yāzh, யாமம் – night, உய்யாமை – wish to not survive ,நின்றன்று – does not stop, காமம் பெரிதே – my desire is great, களைஞரோ இலரே – my lover who can remove it is not here

திங்கள் வானை உழுதுகொண்டிருக்கிறது.
    கடல் அலையால் உறங்கவில்லை.
    கடலலை (ஓதம்) வந்து வந்து போய்க்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.
    தாழை மணத்தைப் பரப்பிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.
    தாழைமேல் இருக்கும் அன்றில் பறவையும் தன் துணையுடன் நரலுகிறது (ஒலித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது)
    என் யாழ் என் விரல் தடவாமல் ஏங்குகிறது.
    என் காமம் மிகப் பெரியது. அதைக் களைபவர் இல்லை. (என் செய்வேன்?) - என்று கவலைப்படுகிறாள் தலைவி.
    Last edited by geno; 6th February 2014 at 12:43 AM.
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    இன்னொரு பெண்பாற் புலவரோடு இப்போதைக்கு முடித்துக் கொள்வோம்!

குறுந்தொகை 126, ஒக்கூர் மாசாத்தியார், முல்லை திணை - தலைவி தோழியிடம் சொன்னது

இளமை பாரார் வள நசைஇச் சென்றோர்
    இவணும் வாரார் எவணரோ எனப்
    பெயல் புறந்தந்த பூங்கொடி முல்லைத்
    தொகுமுகை இலங்கு எயிறாக
    நகுமே தோழி நறுந் தண் காரே.

Kurunthokai 126, Okkūr Māsāthiyār, Mullai Thinai – What the தலைவி said to her friend

He did not think about youth
    when he went desiring wealth.
    He has not come back
    and I wonder where he is. The rows of bright buds
    on the delicate mullai
    vines nurtured by the
    fragrant, cool rain appear
    to laugh at me, my friend.

- Translated by Vaidehi

“With scant regard for the joys of youth
    He left from here seeking his fortune.
    He has not yet come back!
    Where could he be now?”
    When thus we are worried,
    The season of rain, cool and fragrant,
    With its assemblage of buds,
    Of the rain-fed mullai vines
    Serving as its glittering teeth
    Laughs at us!

- Translated by Dr. A. Dakshinamurthy

இளமை பாரார் – does not think about youth, வள நசைஇச் சென்றோர் – went with desire for wealth, இவணும் வாரார் – hasn’t come back, எவணரோ வெனப் – wondering where he is, பெயல் புறந்தந்த – protected from the rain , பூங்கொடி முல்லைத் – delicate mullai vine, தொகு முகை – buds in a row, in a bunch, இலங்கு எயி றாக – beautiful teeth – இலங்கு literal meaning is fame, renown, glory, நகுமே தோழி – will laugh my friend ,நறுந் தண் காரே - sweet cool rainy season.
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    சரி "வெள்ளி வீதியார்" - பெண்தான்!
    What are you saying? Is this "heroine" wants to sleep with some other man or a stranger than her own husband or lover??

Is that how you understood this poem or what?
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    What are you saying? Is this "heroine" wants to sleep with some other man or a stranger than her own husband or lover??

என் காமம் மிகப் பெரியது. அதைக் களைபவர் இல்லை. (என் செய்வேன்?) - என்று கவலைப்படுகிறாள் தலைவி.

You got it from a woman - how she feels about her desires. Its about a women's desires. It could be anything. veLLi veethiyaar and the avvaiyaar who lived in the athiyamaan's times were truly liberated women (she was not a old woman, she was young, lovely and shares/drinks kaL with athiyamaan!)

The original discussion was about the woman's feelings and how she impulsively acts on her feelings.

All the quotations form ancient texts are to reinforce that the act of chosing to love, chosing a partner has been equitable to both sexes.
    Nothing new, except for moral police!

Post Thanks / Like
    "பாலை" என்னவெல்லாம் செய்யும் என்பதை "பசலை" உற்ற பெண் அறிவாள்!

அம்புட்டுத்தேன்!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So there’s been some comments about the “morals” and/or “ethics” of the characters/situation/events in the story…

Can I just ask… if we knew that Preethi was a very kind-hearted, compassionate and unselfish person, what would we think of her? I mean, if she was a doctor, who had spent a lot of time and effort providing some kind of free service to poor/disadvantaged people? Maybe she donated a lot of her own money to charity? Maybe she sponsored an academic education for economically disadvantaged students? Maybe she did a lot to provide help/support/assistance to people who needed it? And I'm sure there could be so many other admirable things about her as a person that we haven't been told about here (remember, we've only had a twenty-minute window into her life story)...

Would you still judge her negatively for just one event in her life when she did something that she later regretted?

I would – very, very respectfully – make this suggestion to the writer/director of the film – maybe the reason why a number of commentators apparently didn’t empathise with the Preethi character was because we have limited information about her background? Maybe if we knew more about her, maybe even just a little bit more – about her personality/her nature – over the years, her other personal likes, dislikes, hopes, fears, desires, anxieties, previous achievements, future aims, other joys and disappointments in her life – maybe if we knew a bit more about her, maybe, just maybe, we would be less inclined to apply our standards to her actions, maybe we would understand her just a little better...

The above comment not intended in any way to be a harsh criticism, just a very respectful suggestion you may wish to take into consideration when writing your next script/making your next film, etc.

As I stated earlier, while I have no experience of making films, I have previously tried my hand at writing short stories, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about the art of story-telling. That’s where my opinions/ideas originate from, although of course I’m not a professional nor any kind of expert! One tip which may be useful - of course you're almost certainly aware of this already – you could try writing the script backwards – i.e. start at the end of the story, and from there, work out how it might have all begun... this is the kind of story where the situations drive the characters, not the other way round... just my thoughts

Best wishes!

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post

Male assumptions!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    "பாலை" என்னவெல்லாம் செய்யும் என்பதை "பசலை" உற்ற பெண் அறிவாள்!

அம்புட்டுத்தேன்!
    Who disagreed with that? Who advocates celibacy? Not we! ஒழுக்க நெறி பிறழாமல் வாழவே விரும்பும் மானமுள்ள பெண்ணினம்! விட விரும்பவில்லையே ஆணினம்!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post

So there’s been some comments about the “morals” and/or “ethics” of the characters/situation/events in the story…

Can I just ask… if we knew that Preethi was a very kind-hearted, compassionate and unselfish person, what would we think of her? I mean, if she was a doctor, who had spent a lot of time and effort providing some kind of free service to poor/disadvantaged people? Maybe she donated a lot of her own money to charity? Maybe she sponsored an academic education for economically disadvantaged students? Maybe she did a lot to provide help/support/assistance to people who needed it? And I'm sure there could be so many other admirable things about her as a person that we haven't been told about here (remember, we've only had a twenty-minute window into her life story)...

Would you still judge her negatively for just one event in her life when she did something that she later regretted?

I would – very, very respectfully – make this suggestion to the writer/director of the film – maybe the reason why a number of commentators apparently didn’t empathise with the Preethi character was because we have limited information about her background? Maybe if we knew more about her, maybe even just a little bit more – about her personality/her nature – over the years, her other personal likes, dislikes, hopes, fears, desires, anxieties, previous achievements, future aims, other joys and disappointments in her life – maybe if we knew a bit more about her, maybe, just maybe, we would be less inclined to apply our standards to her actions, maybe we would understand her just a little better...

The above comment not intended in any way to be a harsh criticism, just a very respectful suggestion you may wish to take into consideration when writing your next script/making your next film, etc.

As I stated earlier, while I have no experience of making films, I have previously tried my hand at writing short stories, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about the art of story-telling. That’s where my opinions/ideas originate from, although of course I’m not a professional nor any kind of expert! One tip which may be useful - of course you're almost certainly aware of this already – you could try writing the script backwards – i.e. start at the end of the story, and from there, work out how it might have all begun... this is the kind of story where the situations drive the characters, not the other way round... just my thoughts

Best wishes!

Can't understand how the woman's charitable nature can justify her lust?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast